Doss Signs With Vikes

Moderator: Jake0890

PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Doss Signs With Vikes 

Post#1 » by PR07 » Wed Apr 4, 2007 8:18 pm

Yahoo.com - The Vikings added a veteran presence in their secondary Wednesday, signing strong safety Mike Doss to a one year deal.

Exact terms were not disclosed.

The Vikings will be hoping the addition of Doss helps a pass defense that ranked better only than Cincinnati last season.

via wiretap

Doss really was having his best season as a Colt before he tore his acl. He was a real good run stuffer, but he didn't have the speed to be paired with someone like Bob Sanders (who mainly plays the run which puts extra pressure coverage wise on the other safety). Doss has been a solid player for us and made some big plays during his time in blue, but I think Bethea is the more complete player at this time. Bethea may not deliver the bone-jarring hits we saw from Doss, but he excels in coverage and has tremendous speed. Still best of luck to the former Ohio State standout in purple....

Giordano better be ready to play with Sanders' injury history. I think he will be.
FreeRon
Analyst
And1: 5

Post#2 » by FreeRon » Wed Apr 4, 2007 9:54 pm

I hate to see him go, but once again we can't pay players too much money when we have a comparable player to fill his shoes.
RickRoll_inDC
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#3 » by RickRoll_inDC » Thu Apr 5, 2007 3:53 am

i'm happy enough with Antoine Bethea. it doesnt affect the team much with him gone.
19-13 on game threads
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,186

Post#4 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Apr 5, 2007 3:20 pm

Bethea outplayed Doss and earned the starting spot in training camp when both players were healthy. Doss would be a solid 3rd safety to have, but for that amount of money, I'll take a combo of Giordano and a Dexter Reid level safety to backup our guys, and roll the money savings into the d-line, LB corps, and draft picks.
Pacersin2007
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Pacersin2007 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 11:06 pm

Well said Scoot.

I love Bethea. Another solid draft pick/free agent signing from the front office for cheap.

Return to Indianapolis Colts