Jason David visits Saints

Moderator: Jake0890

PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Jason David visits Saints 

Post#1 » by PR07 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:05 pm

The Colts' roster has been picked through this offseason, and more losses might be coming. Indianapolis restricted free-agent cornerback Jason David is visiting the New Orleans Saints. The Saints have tried but failed to upgrade their cornerbacks throughout the offseason. If David signs an offer sheet with the Saints, the Colts would have seven days to match it. Already this offseason, the Colts have loss cornerback Nick Harper to Tennessee, safety Mike Doss to Minnesota, linebacker Cato June to Tampa Bay, defensive tackle Montae Reagor to Philadelphia, running back Dominic Rhodes to Oakland and wide receiver Brandon Stokely to Denver.

If New Orleans makes an offer and we decided not to match, then we would receive a fourth round pick based on the tender we offered Jason David. I'm pretty surprised the Colts didn't give David a higher tender given that there was a good chance we'd lose our other starter in Nick Harper. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I guess it's because there's not a whole lot of demand for 5"9 CB's with not elite speed. Either way, I like Jason David...he's a gamer...and I hope he's back.
BillyBongThorton
Junior
And1: 0

Jason David 

Post#2 » by BillyBongThorton » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:13 pm

Saints are looking into Jason David and might sign him to an offer sheet. If the Saints do so... we would have 7 days to match the contract the saints give Jason. Jason David currently has a 4th round tendor on him. I've heard that the Chiefs might also be intrested in him.

We our looking pretty thin at CB with only Kelvin Hayden, Marlin Jackson, and Jason David. I think this would be our biggest FA lost of the season... just because we our so thin at that position. Thoughts?
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,181

Post#3 » by magik9113 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:54 am

If he leaves then I'd say Harper was. Harper doesn't leave but David does then it's not as bad.

Return to Indianapolis Colts