ImageImageImage

Miami Dolphins/Miami Marlins Thread

DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Re: Miami Dolphins/Miami Marlins Thread 

Post#281 » by DefenseWins » Tue May 22, 2012 1:20 am

well... that better not bite us in the ass... 2 strike outs with bases loaded.. lol.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#282 » by GameTime_3 » Tue May 22, 2012 3:43 am

Had a chance to talk to O.Vernon for a while. Had a class with him while he was just getting in UM. The dude knows that he needs to learn but wants to prove himself. I think the Dolphins got a steal. His potential has yet to be scratched. I didn't like that he left UM because I thought he could be a first 2 round pick if came back but now that his a Dolphin, I'm excited. I would post a picture but can't.
Flashpoint
Bench Warmer
And1: 168

Post#283 » by Flashpoint » Tue May 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Giancarlo is a beast. Our cavernous stadium his holding back his power numbers so he just decides to break it.

I can't say I respect this year's UM exodus to the draft. After putting up with Shannon they leave when a quality HC (Golden) is in position to turn the program around. Bad judgment. Vernon, Miller, Streeter, etc had stayed another year they were looking at substantially higher draft position. Some bad advice from Rosenhaus who they all signed with. He really wasn't working in their best interests.
DrVanNostrand
Veteran
And1: 17

Post#284 » by DrVanNostrand » Tue May 22, 2012 10:20 pm

Flashpoint wrote:Giancarlo is a beast. Our cavernous stadium his holding back his power numbers so he just decides to break it.

I can't say I respect this year's UM exodus to the draft. After putting up with Shannon they leave when a quality HC (Golden) is in position to turn the program around. Bad judgment. Vernon, Miller, Streeter, etc had stayed another year they were looking at substantially higher draft position. Some bad advice from Rosenhaus who they all signed with. He really wasn't working in their best interests.

This is assuming they stay healthy. And they are not guaranteed to get better numbers either. Miller could not have left at a better time IMO being a halfback.
props to -MK-
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#285 » by Pimpwerx » Tue May 22, 2012 11:37 pm

I'm going to a Marlins game next week. I'm guessing the Wednesday game against the Nats. Yay!

Me and my pops decided to re-up on our season tix since the Phins were able to move us to the Home side. This could be a good season. PEACE.
Flashpoint
Bench Warmer

Post#286 » by Flashpoint » Wed May 23, 2012 3:23 am

DrVanNostrand wrote:This is assuming they stay healthy. And they are not guaranteed to get better numbers either. Miller could not have left at a better time IMO being a halfback.

Considering where they ended up being drafted it would have been worth the risk. Vernon barely played last year. Lamar must have expected to go much higher than the 4th round. Streeter was just showing signs of improvement and was lucky to be drafted at all even though he's as physically gifted as any WR in the draft. Every Cane went much lower than their talent dictated. Due in part to limited playing time from the scandal and also to Shannon's extraordinary ability to diminish talent. I'm happy they slipped because I'm a Dolphins fan, but it's a pretty safe bet that if they'd stayed another year they would have gone higher.
WD
RealGM
And1: 3,234

Post#287 » by WD » Wed May 23, 2012 3:33 am

Nolasco passes Willis as Marlins all-time wins leader
#HEATLifer
TheDon008
Banned User
And1: 63

Post#288 » by TheDon008 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Marlins are the hottest team in baseball...WHATS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO FISH!
Flashpoint
Bench Warmer

Post#289 » by Flashpoint » Wed May 23, 2012 6:58 pm

WD wrote:Nolasco passes Willis as Marlins all-time wins leader

Good for Nolasco, but it's bittersweet to see DTrain passed. So many great pitchers have been a part of our franchise, have been developed by us, but their stays are always so short. Beckett, Dempster, Burnett all developed by us and floating around the league with probably around twice as many career wins.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,406

Post#290 » by Vertical Limit » Wed May 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Might be the hottest team in baseball but we still have no separation against our rivals It's still too early. Anyone in the division has a chance.
Pimpwerx
Banned User

Post#291 » by Pimpwerx » Thu May 24, 2012 10:44 pm

WTF? When did the Jets grab Yeremiah Bell? I'm kind of annoyed by that. PEACE.
Vertical Limit
RealGM

Post#292 » by Vertical Limit » Thu May 24, 2012 10:53 pm

Flashpoint wrote:

Good for Nolasco, but it's bittersweet to see DTrain passed. So many great pitchers have been a part of our franchise, have been developed by us, but their stays are always so short. Beckett, Dempster, Burnett all developed by us and floating around the league with probably around twice as many career wins.

Didn't see this post. Kind of shocked you didn't say Livan Hernandez.
WD
RealGM

Post#293 » by WD » Fri May 25, 2012 2:13 pm

What happened to the Marlins, one minute they were up 3 then WOW
#HEATLifer
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#294 » by DefenseWins » Sat May 26, 2012 1:36 am

WD wrote:What happened to the Marlins, one minute they were up 3 then WOW

you mean yesterday's game? yeah Idk either.....

but right now they are winning 6-3, bottom of the 7th. 5 runs in the bottom of the 6th.

how about Stanton man? Another homer.

nice to see Coghlan with that 3 run jack.

but Stanton man.... BEAST
WD
RealGM

Post#295 » by WD » Sat May 26, 2012 1:47 am

DefenseWins wrote:
WD wrote:What happened to the Marlins, one minute they were up 3 then WOW

you mean yesterday's game? yeah Idk either.....

but right now they are winning 6-3, bottom of the 7th. 5 runs in the bottom of the 6th.

how about Stanton man? Another homer.

nice to see Coghlan with that 3 run jack.

but Stanton man.... BEAST

7-6 final - had a big 6th inning then basically nothing
25-21, 12-9 home
#HEATLifer
Pimpwerx
Banned User

Post#296 » by Pimpwerx » Sat May 26, 2012 2:15 am

Am I reading this box score right? Did Heath Bell blow another save? That guy is looking like a worse and worse contract every time he takes the mound. :( PEACE.
Vertical Limit
RealGM

Post#297 » by Vertical Limit » Sat May 26, 2012 2:19 am

Heath Bell is garbage. Let's be glad he's not a starting pitcher because it would be a guarantee loss each time.

He got boo'd off the ballpark, I think everyone has had enough of him. Guillen was in disgust.

Still got the W though.
DrVanNostrand
Veteran

Post#298 » by DrVanNostrand » Sat May 26, 2012 2:55 am

Flashpoint wrote:
DrVanNostrand wrote:This is assuming they stay healthy. And they are not guaranteed to get better numbers either. Miller could not have left at a better time IMO being a halfback.

Considering where they ended up being drafted it would have been worth the risk. Vernon barely played last year. Lamar must have expected to go much higher than the 4th round. Streeter was just showing signs of improvement and was lucky to be drafted at all even though he's as physically gifted as any WR in the draft. Every Cane went much lower than their talent dictated. Due in part to limited playing time from the scandal and also to Shannon's extraordinary ability to diminish talent. I'm happy they slipped because I'm a Dolphins fan, but it's a pretty safe bet that if they'd stayed another year they would have gone higher.

I agree with you on Streeter. Kid would have been a beast with more time and polishing. For all of these guys,the talent is there clearly. I just don't agree that it is a given that they play an entire year healthy. One play is all it takes, and you're not even getting paid. Bigger risk to me is getting hurt and not being able to cash in at all.
props to -MK-
DrVanNostrand
Veteran

Post#299 » by DrVanNostrand » Sat May 26, 2012 2:57 am

Vertical Limit wrote:
Flashpoint wrote:

Don't think he was here for long enough.
props to -MK-
DrVanNostrand
Veteran

Post#300 » by DrVanNostrand » Sat May 26, 2012 2:57 am

Vertical Limit wrote:
Flashpoint wrote:

Don't think he was here for long enough.
props to -MK-

Return to Miami Dolphins