ImageImageImage

Tedd Ginn Jr Petition

MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,900

Tedd Ginn Jr Petition 

Post#1 » by MAQ » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:29 am

I'm not here to bash, as I don't see many Dolphin games at all. But my buddy is a Dolphins fan, and he tells me about the suckiness that is Tedd Ginn just about every week. Today he showed me this.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/ ... gi?TedGinn

sign away
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Re: Tedd Ginn Jr Petition 

Post#2 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:09 pm

I love how people blame Ted Ginn for everything. I know he has his faults but come on, your telling me that Fasono doesn't drop everything that he sees? Or that Greg Cam trying to throw the ball out of bounds, doesn't deserve the same criticism or more then Ginn? This team need more fire power all of-season and our biggest FA signing was Gabril Wilson, someone who everyone can agree has not lived up to his ability. If you want to go even furthermore, we signed Wilford(8million) as our number 1# WR and he caught 1 ball. Jeff Ireland has some explaining to do.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#3 » by CB-Blazer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:57 am

Wow, some people tend to react.

While Ginn hasn't had as reliable hands like he did his first two seasons, I really don't think he is being put into a position to succeed. One thing though, is that he needs to work his butt off in the weightroom, he is having a hard time getting seperation.

I don't believe he is going to be our #1 option but he isn't being utilized correctly. He needs to be running crossing patterns, flag routes and returning kicks. He isn't a possession receiver, which is what we are trying to use him as, just like we use Bess and Greg Cam.

We need to get him into the open, we need to get his butt returning kicks. Our starting field position was MUCH better against the Saints, which is due to Ginn. He is averaging 5 more yards a kick return, than our leading return man in Cobbs. That 5 yards is huge.

We need to actually be using him alot like the Eagles use DeSean Jackson. The Eagles know that they don't have a #1 receiver but they do know they have a WEAPON that needs to get his touches, much like Ginn.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#4 » by Flash3 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:28 am

Ginn SUCKS! Please stop trying to defend him. For what he's being asked to do, play #1, he stinks.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#5 » by CB-Blazer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:54 am

Flash3 wrote:Ginn SUCKS! Please stop trying to defend him. For what he's being asked to do, play #1, he stinks.

Didn't I state that I don't believe he is a #1 option? Just because he isn't a #1, doesn't mean that he cannot be a player in this league, which he can.
salqaddoumi
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#6 » by salqaddoumi » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:42 am

I've defended Ginn for a long time now and got into arguments with people who would bash him non-stop.

Those days are over. I've seen the light, this guy is a terrible football player. He can't catch a damn football and he's a pussy. You can't be a successful player in this league let alone A NUMBER ONE OPTION with those two traits.

Scum Freezebag
Sixth Man
And1: 22

Post#7 » by Scum Freezebag » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:13 am

CB-Blazer wrote:While Ginn hasn't had as reliable hands like he did his first two seasons, I really don't think he is being put into a position to succeed.

X's and O's, schemes, and game planning aside, it's alarming how often Ginn will flub a pass that hits him square in the mitts. Even his single highlight reel catch this season -- the long bomb against the Jets -- was snagged against his body and not his hands.

One thing though, is that he needs to work his butt off in the weightroom, he is having a hard time getting seperation.

Couldn't hurt, I guess. But I think his slight build is only half the story. More troubling is his timidity. There's so little fight in the guy, so little attitude. He's perpetually fearful: afraid of contact, of the ball, of the moment. He can spend the summer in the weight room if he wants, but all I expect is the same meek, passive guy who just happens to be 10 lbs. heavier.

I don't believe he is going to be our #1 option

Not to nitpick, but there really is no need to qualify that notion with "I don't believe..." anymore, the same way it's unnecessary to say "I don't believe the sun the revolves around the earth." It's proven scientific fact that he is not a go-to, franchise #1 WR.

He needs to be running crossing patterns, flag routes

But that's the problem: he's a poor route runner. From what I read and hear, he's apparently still rounding off his routes and not making crisp, decisive cuts. He really can only run one route, and that's the fly pattern. He can do straight-line speed as well as anyone in the league...but then of course, it's all a waste because he can't catch the ball.

We need to get him into the open, we need to get his butt returning kicks.

This I can agree with, which should've been the case before Cobbs even got hurt. He's always a threat to do something stupid back there, like fumble the ball or lose yardage when trying to allude a tackler. But it's the only thing he's kinda, sorta good at. So the way I see it is, if he's not doing that, then there's really not much else for him to do.

We need to actually be using him alot like the Eagles use DeSean Jackson. The Eagles know that they don't have a #1 receiver but they do know they have a WEAPON that needs to get his touches, much like Ginn.

I hear this comparison a lot and it always makes me hesitant simply because I don't feel Ginn is as good as Jackson.

This is the way I see it: Ginn is finished. He's a full-blown bust. We wasted our 2007 first round draft pick and will net zero profit from it. He's going to go down as one of the most hated Dolphins of all time. I'm talking Sammie Smith kind of hate. Needless to say he won't be on the roster next season. Ginn's another cautionary tale of the liability of dressing up a track star in pads and a helmet. Aside from his 4.3 dash time, he really doesn't have any other discernible football skill.

And for what it's worth, after the initial shock of taking him 9th overall, I quickly became excited about how he could electrify our offense. I figured we'd have one of the most volatile sticks of dynamite in the NFL. I'm done holding my breath.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#8 » by heat4life » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:19 pm

^^^^^
You nailed it!

Ginn is one of the many big time college receivers who became famous because of their speed and flash. That, you can get away with in College, but the Pro's? You can tell he plays scared. Corners are bigger, safeties hit harder and even some linebackers can run a 4'5 in this league. Ginn is obviously intimidated by that. Like Scum said, unless he outruns his opponent right at the line of scrimmage (because he won't fight off his defender very well within the first 5 yards), he becomes useless.

I was 100% behind Ginn -and his family- hoping that he could turn out to be at least a threat on the football field, not a #1 receiver but just a threat. Think Santana Moss and Steve Smith, both small speedsters that where tough as nails as well. They had success in this league. But when you lack confidence like Ginn does, you will fail.

Unfortunately for Ted Ginn, he became the "symbol" to the Cam Cameron era and everything that went wrong in that 1-15 season. He has no future in Miami.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,628

Post#9 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:24 pm

I'm not ready to say that he is a complete bust. Sometimes it takes a guy a few years to get going. Jabbar Gaffney was pretty much non existant his first few years before he finally got going in New England as a decent 2/3 reciever. I like Ginn but I don't think he is a "football" player. Davone Bess is a football player, Ricky Williams is a football player, Greg Camarillo is a football player. Tedd Ginn plays scared and that is evident by his drops and miscues out there. To his defense I think he can still be a player that can get you 800 to 1000 yards in a year under the right system. I still don't think he is being used the right way but how do you excuse that when players similar to his style like Steve Smith, and Santana Moss succeed in crappy offenses with crappy QB's?
JSB
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#10 » by JSB » Sun Nov 1, 2009 1:47 am

looks like ginn wont be starting sunday
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#11 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Nov 1, 2009 7:27 am

thats fine but if thats the case then I want to see what Patrick Turner can do. I mean we did spend a third round pick on him! Lets atleast see if he can catch the ball....
Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25

Post#12 » by Lane1974 » Sun Nov 1, 2009 3:39 pm

Defense gave up 45 points. Bad play calling, too. People act like Ted Ginn cost us that ballgame.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#13 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Nov 1, 2009 8:05 pm

Ted Ginn with a 100 yard kick return for TD
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by GameTime_3 » Sun Nov 1, 2009 8:25 pm

Correction: Ted Ginn with two 100 yard returns for TD's..
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#15 » by TheOGJabroni » Sun Nov 1, 2009 8:33 pm

Thing is, it's not like Ted Ginn probably even expected to be picked so high in that draft. He doesn't demand that he is the number 1 receiver. The fact is the Dolphins seem to be expecting too much out of him. He is a number 2 receiver on a team like this, that is so efficient running the ball, and needs to be doing what he did today, running back kick returns for touchdown, and probably even punts as well. If we got a true number 1 receiver and let Ginn be the full time special teams returner, everyone in Miami would be back on his bandwagon. Put him in a position is he able to succeed and he will.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#16 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Nov 1, 2009 10:03 pm

I can agree with that. However I think it's really a confidence issue with Ginn and always has been. Today should have really set him straight, and maybe he can finally get it. Ginn needs to be put in positions where he can make plays and today he was. The game ball goes to him all the way.
I think he has redeemed himself too as of right now.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Nov 2, 2009 2:36 am

bosFcelts wrote:Thing is, it's not like Ted Ginn probably even expected to be picked so high in that draft. He doesn't demand that he is the number 1 receiver. The fact is the Dolphins seem to be expecting too much out of him. He is a number 2 receiver on a team like this, that is so efficient running the ball, and needs to be doing what he did today, running back kick returns for touchdown, and probably even punts as well. If we got a true number 1 receiver and let Ginn be the full time special teams returner, everyone in Miami would be back on his bandwagon. Put him in a position is he able to succeed and he will.

Great Post!
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#18 » by heat4life » Mon Nov 2, 2009 4:40 pm

Maybe Dan Hennings can revive Ginn's career by putting special packages for him where he gets the ball in the open and use his speed. Other than the occasional reverse and deep bombs, we don't see Ginn running out of the slot, run a quick slant, cross routes, or line him up next to the line or backfield to force a mismatch. Last year, the WildCat was born in a game against New England. maybe this year we throw the Ginn-Family package and shock the world... Do it Hennings!
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
pimpstyl
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#19 » by pimpstyl » Mon Nov 2, 2009 11:43 pm

Now that the Chargers dumped Chambers, I suggest the Fins bring him in to show Ginn how a true #2 should play!!!
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,240

Post#20 » by dolphinatik » Fri Nov 6, 2009 8:28 pm

I would be all for that. Also Ginn could hang with our cb Davis... that dude is fearless.

The more they learn to get Ginn the ball in space the better he will be, more short crosses for him, let him play slot.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington

Return to Miami Dolphins