Needed to delete post - didn't quote the original comment
JMaster5K
Senior
And1: 178

Re: 2024 draft 

Post#62 » by JMaster5K » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:26 am

8305 wrote:
Wizop wrote:
JMaster5K wrote:Hoopshyle released their second 2024 NBA Aggregate Mock Draft for the season.

I haven't seen enough basketball other than IU and Butler to judge, but if this is accurate I see several guys with the size we need available after the lottery.

Saw the Butler UConn game in person. Was impressed with Stephan Castle. Would have interest in a bigger Andrew Nemhard?

Maybe?.... (sorry for that really definite answer,... LOL) =)

It all depends on how the coaching staffs believes the 2G will shake out during the rest of this season & going into next? I could see a set of circumstances where Nemhard gets moved (though very, very unlikely), and a set of circumstances where he gets penciled in as the starter. In either case, we could be looking for a rotation, developmental CG to replace him. It's possible. idk how likely?... but not impossible.

I think we can safely assume that Brown & Hield are not the long-term plan for starters at the SG or SF. Other than Ty, not sure who between Nemhard, Nesmith, Mathurin, Sheppard, Walker, will claim a starting spot on the wings? How the coaches believe this is likely to shake out, could very likely impact some of our draft decisions in 24, even into 25. =}

That example is why I think this draft is going to be very telling (about how teams - FO & Coaches - view themselves), and a lot of fun! This isn't going to be a draft where the top talent redefines a team. It's going to be a draft about rotation players fitting into a team. In short, some players are going to become movable,.. that otherwise were not really considered movable. Some players are going to get promoted, because the replacement in the rotation was drafted. I'm not sure the draft itself will be all that, but the watershed, downstream movements from this draft could be much more dynamic because of the options this draft gives each drafting team. If that makes any sense?.....
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#63 » by Wizop » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:06 pm

JMaster5K wrote:I think we can safely assume that Brown & Hield are not the long-term plan for starters at the SG or SF. Other than Ty, not sure who between Nemhard, Nesmith, Mathurin, Sheppard, Walker, will claim a starting spot on the wings? How the coaches believe this is likely to shake out, could very likely impact some of our draft decisions in 24, even into 25. =}

I don't disagree but I have Sheppard penciled in as the second unit SG next season. I think Buddy walks creating a roster spot for a rookie. I don't prioritize drafting a SG as I think we're fine with Nembhard, Brown, Sheppard, and Mathurin. but as Jim Irsay has said, you take what the draft gives you.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
JMaster5K
Senior

Post#64 » by JMaster5K » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:04 pm

Wizop wrote:
JMaster5K wrote:I think we can safely assume that Brown & Hield are not the long-term plan for starters at the SG or SF. Other than Ty, not sure who between Nemhard, Nesmith, Mathurin, Sheppard, Walker, will claim a starting spot on the wings? How the coaches believe this is likely to shake out, could very likely impact some of our draft decisions in 24, even into 25. =}

I don't disagree but I have Sheppard penciled in as the second unit SG next season. I think Buddy walks creating a roster spot for a rookie. I don't prioritize drafting a SG as I think we're fine with Nembhard, Brown, Sheppard, and Mathurin. but as Jim Irsay has said, you take what the draft gives you.

Yup,.. I agree with you. If nothing changes. Buddy & Bruce leave. Our guards continue to develop,.. I'm happy. Ty at the 1. Nemhard at the 1 and 2 (say,... 1.5G? oO) Math, Shep, Nesmith sharing time at the 2 & 3,.. Walker playing 'big SF' minutes,... Still looking for that big, true wing 4 that can play D. A big rotation of Myles, Stix, I-Jax (with how they've played this year). We might take a small step back in wins,.. but moving forward & growing together?.. I like the possibilities. =}

I was only saying above,. that if Nemhard was moved,. or claimed the 2G spot because of his play,.. then we could look at another combo. As things stand now,. I don't think that's very likely,.. but it's not impossible,.. LOL =}
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 431

Post#65 » by Grang33r » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:18 am

8305 wrote:
Wizop wrote:Saw the Butler UConn game in person. Was impressed with Stephan Castle. Would have interest in a bigger Andrew Nemhard?

Awesome! Thanks for the tidbit, will keep my eyes out for him.

I wonder about Nembhard's future with the Pacers and nothing to do with his struggles when Tyrese is out, but i feel like hes almost in the position Haliburton was in with the Kings. Too good to play bench but also there is no path to starting. And if the Pacers are forced to trade a intriguing young player, i think they'd be more likely to deal Nembhard and increase TJM's minutes then even consider trading Jarace Walker.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#66 » by Grang33r » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:28 am

JMaster5K wrote:Hoopshyle released their second 2024 NBA Aggregate Mock Draft for the season.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/2024-aggregate-nba-mock-draft-ron-holland-isaiah-collier-alex-sarr-battle-for-no-1-pick/

Any thoughts?.....

Edit: Don't know how long HoopsHype has been working on this, but this doesn't match up with most of these sites current updates. For some of their 'highest ranking' and 'lowest ranking' numbers to match up, they would have to have been using Mocks from July - Oct 2023. 8{

I liked the write ups. This early in "mock draft" season rankings aren't as important as tidbits from insiders and scouts about players and their development so that was a good read. Thanks for posting.

That said, having Judah Mintz 47th seems like a crime. I think he could sneak into the first round but even if he doesn't i think he''ll be one of the first names called in the 2nd round.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#67 » by Grang33r » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:05 am

The under the radar prospect i like a lot is Santa Clara's Johnny O'Neil. Santa Clara becoming a basketball academy with Jalen Williams couple of seasons ago and last year Brandin Podziemski. O'Neil is a 6'9 forward which excellent feet, he was a PG in high school and was like 5'10 as a freshman and has basically grown a foot since. Has good hands. He can shoot well and is a excellent shot blocker. He plays good defense. Played three years at a Patriot league school so you know he has intelligence and now has transferred to Santa Clara to polish off his game before the NBA.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Post#68 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:16 am

Well no #1's this draft right now. Can anyone make sense of this mess? This is the Pacers 2024 2nd round picks info. I think they have 3 2nds but it's really hard to sort this out.

2024 - Least favorable of IND, UTH and CLE if IND conveys 1st round pick to TOR in 2024 or to TOR if IND does not convey 1st round pick to TOR in 2024; more favorable of (i) TOR and (ii) more favorable of (a) IND and (b) less favorable of UTH and CLE to PHL then other to LAC (via TOR to MEM to LAC; via UTH swap for CLE; via CLE to IND to MIL to MEM to LAC to PHL); Less favorable of CHI and NOP (via CHI to NOP; via NOP to IND); MIL
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 754

Post#69 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:02 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:Well no #1's this draft right now. Can anyone make sense of this mess? This is the Pacers 2024 2nd round picks info. I think they have 3 2nds but it's really hard to sort this out.

2024 - Least favorable of IND, UTH and CLE if IND conveys 1st round pick to TOR in 2024 or to TOR if IND does not convey 1st round pick to TOR in 2024; more favorable of (i) TOR and (ii) more favorable of (a) IND and (b) less favorable of UTH and CLE to PHL then other to LAC (via TOR to MEM to LAC; via UTH swap for CLE; via CLE to IND to MIL to MEM to LAC to PHL); Less favorable of CHI and NOP (via CHI to NOP; via NOP to IND); MIL

For 2024 the only picks that the Pacers have are the Bucks second round pick and the worst second round pick between the Bulls and Pelicans. The Celtics get the better of those 2 picks. Pacers have no first round picks.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#70 » by Grang33r » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:04 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:Well no #1's this draft right now. Can anyone make sense of this mess? This is the Pacers 2024 2nd round picks info. I think they have 3 2nds but it's really hard to sort this out.

lol yeah i was starring at it for like 20 minutes the other day trying to figure it out.
JMaster5K
Senior

Post#71 » by JMaster5K » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:44 pm

Grang33r wrote:

lol yeah i was starring at it for like 20 minutes the other day trying to figure it out.

According to Tankathon's mock draft:

Least favorable of IND, UTH and CLE if IND conveys 1st round pick to TOR in 2024,.. Our 1st is going to Toronto, it's top 4 protected, and we aren't close to keeping it,.. so we get CLE's 2nd, currently # 53 - the worst of these 3

We get NOP's 2nd, currently # 51- the worst between them and CHI

We get the Buck's 2nd, currently # 58

But,.. both Tankathon,.. and I,... have been wrong before?... 8/
JMaster5K
Senior

Post#72 » by JMaster5K » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:24 pm

JMaster5K wrote:
Grang33r wrote:

Least favorable of IND, UTH and CLE if IND conveys 1st round pick to TOR in 2024,.. Our 1st is going to Toronto, it's top 4 protected, and we aren't close to keeping it,.. so we get CLE's 2nd, currently # 53 - the worst of these 3

According to Spotrac that 3rd 2nd rounder came from CLE in the trade where we sent Victor to Houston and received Caris Levert from BRK, Jan 14, 2021.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,187

Post#73 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:03 pm

JMaster5K wrote:
Grang33r wrote:

Nope, you’ve got it.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#74 » by Grang33r » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:48 pm

JMaster5K wrote:
Grang33r wrote:

Wow, nice job. Thanks!
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Post#75 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:34 pm

Grang33r wrote:

The only one I'm sure of is the bold black part, looks like they have Milwaukee's 2nd. There was a 2nd to the Pacers as part of the Siakam trade from NOP it looks like that is the part in red, less favorable of Chicago or NOP.

But all that before the red part looks like a jumble puzzle,

Return to Indiana Pacers