Redd trade ideas...

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

CableKC
RealGM
And1: 10,742

Post#21 » by CableKC » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:55 am

bravesatl wrote:hey for the original trade if you plug in tinsley and mo williams the deal still works :clap: :rofl: ....

granger/murphy/daniels/tinsley/some kinda draft pick -for- redd/mo/villanueva

my god imagine the lineup:
Williams/Diener
Redd/Rush
Dunleavy/Williams
Villanueva/Diogu
JO/Foster

:o :pray: :bowdown: :nod:

Based off of what I have read on the Bucks Board......it seems that Redd and MoWill are finding it difficult to co-exist on the offensive end. If they have to move someone....the logical one is Redd because of his contract and keep MoWill...who appears to play better with Bogut/Yi.
- In 2024, you are not voting for a "Democrat" or "Republican". You are voting for the Party that will defend Democracy and protect the most vulnerable among us.

#THE_GOP_IS_DEAD
#IT_IS_THE_PARTY_OF_TRUMP_NOW
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,190

Post#22 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:52 am

That Nicka wrote:Would you guys do this trade?

Redd, Mihm, CV --> Indi

JO --> LA

Odom, Murphy, LAL first rounder --> Mil

I don't know. Sure, we get to keep Granger and dump Murphy (LA would have to include Kwame or about 2 or 3 smaller contract guys to make this work contractually), but it's still weird. LA gets a sweetheart deal as they don't have to take on "the bad contract" in Murphy, and they get JO for Odom, Mihm (who has little to no value in Indy), and a low 1st rounder. I would think they would have to add in Kwame financially (and they could keep Mihm), and include Crittenton, as well as likely more incentive.

JO For Odom and a low 1st? Pretty cheap. Adding in Crittenton and other incentive might bring it close.
Oomph
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Oomph » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:21 pm

Gremz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The only plausable reason the pacers would have in getting Redd would be to pair him with JO, it also leaves us incredibly thin on the Boards with Murphy leaving aswell

I won't mind not pairing Redd with JO as we need a real SG more than we need JO at this point.

We would have a lineup like:

PG Tinsley/Diener/Owens
SG Redd/Rush/Graham
SF Dunleavy/Williams
PF Granger/CV/Diogu
C Foster/Harrison/FA

I can live with that lineup. Maybe packaging Tinsley with Diogu for a defensiveminded PG or a bruiser type big guy.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#24 » by Pacersike » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:02 pm

I like them all. With or without JO, who isn't a great fit for our system.

The only thing that worries me is perimeter defense. And Rush will probabbly be gone after this season.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#25 » by mizzoupacers » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:36 pm

2ss2ls wrote:Because there are a lot of people (Bucks Fans, no one who matters) who are convinced that the Redd/Mo Williams backcourt can not coexist together. Which is true... The recent strech of 5 games without Redd we played more like a team and Bogut got really agressive on the O end.

I see that Pacers fans are not the only ones who like to blame their best player for their team's overall suckiness. :lol:
celtspacers
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#26 » by celtspacers » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:42 pm

The Pacers dont need Redd They have Rush they both play the same way. They both shoot the ball everytime they touch it and NEVER play defence.
count55
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3

Post#27 » by count55 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:26 pm

mizzoupacers wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I see that Pacers fans are not the only ones who like to blame their best player for their team's overall suckiness. :lol:

QFT
I have no idea what you're talking about, and clearly, neither do you.
CableKC
RealGM
And1: 10,742

Post#28 » by CableKC » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:28 pm

celtspacers wrote:The Pacers dont need Redd They have Rush they both play the same way. They both shoot the ball everytime they touch it and NEVER play defence.

Outside of the considerable Salary that we will have to take on......if the Pacers had the chance to get a true SG that can actually command a double-team while getting rid of Murphy's contract ( but at the cost of Granger ) I would take my chances on Redd over Rush any day of the year.
- In 2024, you are not voting for a "Democrat" or "Republican". You are voting for the Party that will defend Democracy and protect the most vulnerable among us.

#THE_GOP_IS_DEAD
#IT_IS_THE_PARTY_OF_TRUMP_NOW
ajizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#29 » by ajizzle » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:05 pm

There's a few differences between Redd and Rush... IDK, about 10ppg, consistency, soon-to-be Olympic Gold Medalist.

It's kinda like when we had Reggie and Eddie Johnson on the same team back in the mid '90s. Both guys had similarities in their games, but one was just better.

And we need to keep JO if we're gonna have a 1-2-3 of Tins, Redd, and MDJ. W/o JO protecting the paint, we might give up 100ppg... Oh, wait a minute...

Return to Indiana Pacers