Pacers vs. 76ers 11/12

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,448

Pacers vs. 76ers 11/12 

Post#1 » by boomershadow » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:36 pm

The Eastern Conference first-place Philadelphia 76ers (7-1) will host the No. 3 Pacers (6-3) on Sunday at Wells Fargo Arena. The Pacers will stay in Philly following the game, as they will play Sixers in In-Season Tournament (IST) action on Tuesday.

Indiana, winner of four of its last five games, enters Sunday’s matchup coming off a thrilling 126-124 Thursday night victory over the Milwaukee Bucks (5-3).

Jordan Morey
https://www.nba.com/pacers/news/preview-pacers-76ers-231112

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,187

Re: Pacers vs. 76ers 11/11 

Post#2 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:59 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=jYPPXwUlm02fAaE9rSSACw
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Re: Pacers vs. 76ers 11/12 

Post#3 » by boomershadow » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:50 am

We may really need him. Myles can't stop Embiid.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:38 am

boomershadow wrote:We may really need him. Myles can't stop Embiid.

To be fair, I don’t know that there’s anyone in the league that can?
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#5 » by 8305 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:00 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:

Wonder what the over/under for Embiid FT’s is today? Could we get 20 min from Myles before he fouls out?
My gues we will need not only Jalen but also Theis and Jackson too.
JMaster5K
Senior
And1: 178

Post#6 » by JMaster5K » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:16 pm

8305 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Wonder what the over/under for Embiid FT’s is today? Could we get 20 min from Myles before he fouls out?
My gues we will need not only Jalen but also Theis and Jackson too.

I hear that Nesmith is willing to give it a go at center, if Coach calls his number? (joke) =]
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 959

Post#7 » by Tom White » Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:49 pm

boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#8 » by boomershadow » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:46 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing a Theis/Turner lineup and let Theis try to soak up some of those tacky foul calls for Myles.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 754

Post#9 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:43 pm

Unfortunately Nembhard and Nesmith coming in equated to rally killing substitutions. I really wish Rick would have put in McConnell after 2 consecutive turnovers by Nembhard. Really need to make up ground we lost to their starters. 38-29
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#10 » by Pacers Forever » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:09 am

Sometimes I question why the coaches don’t see that against a veteran squad like the 76ers that it would be wise to put in TJ McConnell.

He has the veteran savy to compete and cause problems for the 76ers. Plus it was his old team so there’s a desire to play well in his former home.

Score went from 19 down to under double digits.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#11 » by Pacers Forever » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:53 am

Nice half time adjustments to close the 3rd quarter down 1 point 100-99.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#12 » by boomershadow » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:27 am

Well there's a good reason they're the first seed already lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
BrianInPhilly
Senior
And1: 797

Post#13 » by BrianInPhilly » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:47 am

Disregard my username, I come in peace. Lol. Pacers are one of few teams I've followed last year cause I like Haliburton ... I'm surprised Pacers didn't really make a clear move to improve their rebounding in offseason. In my opinion John Collins would have been a perfect fit, basically a better rebounding, better shooting Toppin. Pacers desperately need a bouncy forward to rebound - Turners a shot blocker, not an elite rebounder. I wonder what it would take to pry him away from Utah now but probably more assets than what was required in the offseason.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#14 » by Pacers Forever » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:47 am

Round 1 Philly 137-126. 76ers pulled away in the 4th.

Out rebounded 54-32 lead to second chance points too often tonight and the Pacers demise. When the role players for Philly make enough hustle play contributions plus the studs are on it’s hard to beat them. 8-1 now leading the East.

The big 3 for Philly were true to expectations.
Maxey 50 points (on fire 20-32 and 7-11 from 3)
Embid 37 and 13 rebounds
Harris 18 points

Surprisingly Pacers shot 52% and 41% from 3 in comparison to 76ers 51% and 42%. Very evenly matched stat wise across the board tonight except REBOUNDING. Have to fix this problem to win against the best teams.

Celtics second in the East who beat us worse out REBOUNDED us 57-31.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#15 » by Wizop » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:39 am

Monteith suggests giving Stix another shot at starting at the 4.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:57 pm

BrianInPhilly wrote:Disregard my username, I come in peace. Lol. Pacers are one of few teams I've followed last year cause I like Haliburton ... I'm surprised Pacers didn't really make a clear move to improve their rebounding in offseason. In my opinion John Collins would have been a perfect fit, basically a better rebounding, better shooting Toppin. Pacers desperately need a bouncy forward to rebound - Turners a shot blocker, not an elite rebounder. I wonder what it would take to pry him away from Utah now but probably more assets than what was required in the offseason.

Collins is simply an attitude and person that the team doesn’t want in the locker room.

A rebounder is probably a need. But I think it’s gotta be the right guy. Obi came dirt cheap. Acquiring Collins would’ve left us in a spot of possibly not having the cap space to be able to sign Bruce Brown , and I’d choose Brown over Collins.

Wizop wrote:Monteith suggests giving Stix another shot at starting at the 4.

Maybe; but also seems like a way to screw with Jalen’s head and put him back on last years road to failure. Seems like he’s playing and shooting well specifically because he’s a center and knows it and can play it. Much like we saw with Myles, these big guys need to be in the right spot.

I like Montieth, but he’s also pretty clearly not adjusted with the times in the NBA. He's often suggesting things that stopped working in the 90’s.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#17 » by Wizop » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:18 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:

Maybe; but also seems like a way to screw with Jalen’s head and put him back on last years road to failure. Seems like he’s playing and shooting well specifically because he’s a center and knows it and can play it. Much like we saw with Myles, these big guys need to be in the right spot.

There's also the worry that we'd be screwing Myles up as Turbonis did. We never did figure out how to treat two bigs both as centers on offense - double post, high-low post, whatever. still I could see it to matchup against teams like Cleveland and you don't want to wait until the playoffs to try something for the first time.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
BrianInPhilly
Senior
And1: 797

Post#18 » by BrianInPhilly » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:42 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
BrianInPhilly wrote:Disregard my username, I come in peace. Lol. Pacers are one of few teams I've followed last year cause I like Haliburton ... I'm surprised Pacers didn't really make a clear move to improve their rebounding in offseason. In my opinion John Collins would have been a perfect fit, basically a better rebounding, better shooting Toppin. Pacers desperately need a bouncy forward to rebound - Turners a shot blocker, not an elite rebounder. I wonder what it would take to pry him away from Utah now but probably more assets than what was required in the offseason.

Collins is simply an attitude and person that the team doesn’t want in the locker room.

A rebounder is probably a need. But I think it’s gotta be the right guy. Obi came dirt cheap. Acquiring Collins would’ve left us in a spot of possibly not having the cap space to be able to sign Bruce Brown , and I’d choose Brown over Collins.

I like Montieth, but he’s also pretty clearly not adjusted with the times in the NBA. He's often suggesting things that stopped working in the 90’s.

Huh? There’s no reports of Collins having an attitude or being a bad locker room person. Pretty much the opposite. Now the asset thing I get; I think it was just short sighted and questionable. Hope Walker can be that guy but this stopgap till he’s ready doesn’t seem ideal to me.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:21 am

BrianInPhilly wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Huh? There’s no reports of Collins having an attitude or being a bad locker room person. Pretty much the opposite. Now the asset thing I get; I think it was just short sighted and questionable. Hope Walker can be that guy but this stopgap till he’s ready doesn’t seem ideal to me.

There’s been plenty of whispers that Collins just doesn’t have many friends in locker rooms. He was red flagged at the draft for his personality by Indy and several other teams, leading to his slide that year. But the more known story is that he’s a decently selfish player that focused more on getting his own stats than the team good. He went for a little salary savings and a second for a reason.
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#20 » by 8305 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:31 pm

I think this makes sense.
At he 4 aren’t we looking for 3 point shooting, rebounding, strength around the basket, ability to guard on the perimeter. While not as explosive or dynamic I’d id still give the nod to Smith over Toppin in all the key categories. I think an argument can be made that Smith’ play merits more than the 18 or so minutes he currently gets backing up Turner. 5-10 more minutes a night for Smith might improve our sorry rebounding numbers.

Return to Indiana Pacers