ImageImageImageImageImage

Our future....

Moderator: Rich Rane

treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Our future.... 

Post#1 » by treiz » Tue Apr 3, 2007 5:46 pm

I believe our future looks really bright, although we are contending now, I also believe that we'll be a better team(much better) in the future, considering the fact that we went 10-6 last year, and some of the guys that lead us are I think all under 25....here are the players, that I am so glad to be in the Jets...

Vilma
Rhodes
Leon Washington
Coleman
Hobson
Robertson(2nd half of the season)
Cedric Houston
Kellen Clemens
Cotchery
Ferguson
Mangold
Nugent

the list goes on and on....

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Add to that the fact that we have a young, bright coach in Mangini
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,977

Post#2 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Apr 3, 2007 6:04 pm

From that list im willing to take off Houston who is now reserved as the third stringer. He wont have much of an impact on this team anymore barring injuries. I do believe that we will replace Eric Coleman down the road, had a good rookie season but I think something will change there.

We still need to get youth in a few positions, CB mainly. Clemens is the wild card, he was drafted as a second rounder but will he ever get a chance to prove himself? Either way you look at it, it does look bright indeed.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
treiz
RealGM

Post#3 » by treiz » Tue Apr 3, 2007 6:38 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:From that list im willing to take off Houston who is now reserved as the third stringer. He wont have much of an impact on this team anymore barring injuries. I do believe that we will replace Eric Coleman down the road, had a good rookie season but I think something will change there.

We still need to get youth in a few positions, CB mainly. Clemens is the wild card, he was drafted as a second rounder but will he ever get a chance to prove himself? Either way you look at it, it does look bright indeed.

The only reason why Houston is there is because once Thomas Jones retires, 3-4 years down the road, I won't be surprised if Mangini sticks with a tandem of both Washington and Houston....also if Jones gets injured, we can see the same thing like last year....

I'd like to keep Coleman, but I'll have to agree with you here....

CB, OG, and DE are the positions I'd like to address at this years draft, hopefully we can get Revis, which would be awesome....

Although Clemens was a 2nd round pick, Mangini seems really high on him labeling him "the future"....so I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually becomes our starter
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#4 » by Next Coming » Tue Apr 3, 2007 6:40 pm

Is Jon Vilma considered part of the future with the change to the 3-4 scheme.

He's a much better fit in a Cover 2 scheme or 4-3 and I keep on hearing that he isn't as indispensible as he used to be.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,977

Post#5 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Apr 3, 2007 6:55 pm

Next Coming wrote:Is Jon Vilma considered part of the future with the change to the 3-4 scheme.

He's a much better fit in a Cover 2 scheme or 4-3 and I keep on hearing that he isn't as indispensible as he used to be.

I still consider him an integral part of our future. It dont take a genius to see that he is not as effective in the 3-4, but a lot of that had to do with Kimo last year really sucking. There have been grumblings that they would move him to the outside, but he is not a blitzer.

Also there where the Lions-Jets rumors, however at the end of the day it is all talk. He would be the hardest Jet to trade for me personally, so I doubt they even consider moving him.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#6 » by Flaming Mo » Tue Apr 3, 2007 9:06 pm

Next Coming wrote:Is Jon Vilma considered part of the future with the change to the 3-4 scheme.

It remains to be seen. It was his first year in the 3-4 defense and he's the unquestioned leader of the Jets defensive unit. The thing is you will miss a player like him even if he isn't the best fit for our D right now. We also had a bad defensive front with DRob learning the NT spot and Von Oelhoffen playing terrible so that definitely was a part of Vilma's problems. We also had undersized LBs next to him in Barton and Hobson (atleast for 3-4 standards).

I think with time and the right personal around him, Vilma make his impact also in the 3-4. He is everything what Mangini loves in a player and I would be really surprised if he lets the posterchild for his philosophy of smart, intelligent and high character players go...
treiz
RealGM

Post#7 » by treiz » Wed Apr 4, 2007 10:20 am

I think he is....I'd want him to develop into something like a Donnie Edwards(or better)....

Return to New York Jets