ImageImageImage

Eagles Offseason Thread

Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Eagles Offseason Thread 

Post#1 » by Ong_dynasty » Tue Apr 3, 2007 5:35 pm

*apologies for starting another thread but I thought this could be useful for the future and to see how people feel about the moves*

Well how do you guys feel about this off-season?

I would have prefered to keep stallworth, But I can see why they went after curtis, I liked the spikes deal
so at the moment I give them a B+

oh and supposedly Mike Doss is coming to visit in wednesday.
what do you guys think of him?
bech01a1
Senior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by bech01a1 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 6:38 pm

I am very happy with the offseason. When considering the lack of caproom and honestly a very underwhelming group of free agents, I don't see how we could have done a whole lot better. I like Stallworth, but everything I hear indicates we did not have the option to sign him to the contract that N.E. gave him. Even still, that contract is really a one year deal. He is banking on playing 16 games for only the 3rd time in his sixth year in the league and earning a huge contract that way. I would not want him for just a year. I am fine with Kevin Curtis, they are both small extremely fast reciever, with Stallworth being a little faster, but Curtis having better hands and being more durable.

I was very happy we were able to resign J. Thomas, Q Mikel, and Will James. I like the Reagor signing because it allowed us to trade for Spikes. I like the Spikes trade, I do not expect to see the Spikes from those Bengal teams, but he will be an improvement over what we had.

I also liked the bethel johnson signing if for no other reason it meant no more mahe.
Sixerlover
Starter
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Sixerlover » Wed Apr 4, 2007 4:28 am

I feel that our offense is good enough to get us to the Super Bowl, I just don't feel that way for our D. It is good that we got Spikes but we still need a safety and we need to figure out a way to stop the run. Hopefully Jevon Kearse comes back 100% and ready to give out some punishment, but if not then we need someone else on that line to step up and make plays on the quarterback. Our sack ratio was the worst it's been in the last 5 years maybe even 10. We need more pressure up front to play Johnson's style D.
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Post#4 » by Ong_dynasty » Thu Apr 5, 2007 12:28 am

Doss went to the Vikings, I guess we need to really draft a safety

Return to Philadelphia Eagles