ImageImageImage

Fans, where you from?

Martin
Sixth Man
And1: 48

Fans, where you from? 

Post#1 » by Martin » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:54 pm

So let's get to know where you guys are from and since when have you been a fan?

Im from Estonia,a little country in Europe,it's located below Finland and next to Russia,a Baltic state.

I started watching NFL during the 2004 season,I chose the Eagles to be my team because they're from Philly.First game I ever saw was the Eagles vs. Giants game where Eli got jacked up by McDougle (god,that's the only play I remember from this guy)
93 Phillies
General Manager
And1: 3

Post#2 » by 93 Phillies » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:21 pm

Cool. I really want to go to Estonia. I almost made it there last year. I'm from the suburbs of Philly, but currently living in Boston.
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Post#3 » by Ong_dynasty » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:49 pm

Im from London,England..
hows the girls in estonia???is it a good holiday spot???I enjoy going eastern europe so..

I became an eagles fan because of an Umbrella, true story
Martin
Sixth Man
And1: 48

Post#4 » by Martin » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:52 pm

It's great to be here during the summer,the nature's great,some say we got the best women in europe...
Don't come during the winter cause it can get pretty cold out here,last year it was -35C at some point.

Umbrella? Could you talk about it? :D
Philly KDub
Sixth Man
And1: 87

Post#5 » by Philly KDub » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:51 pm

im from north philly. ive been a diehard eagles fan in my whole life. they have made me really happy and really sad over the years.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#6 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:38 pm

ORLANDO!!!
Been a fan since birth in '88, but have watched nonstop since '96. :D
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach

Post#7 » by Ong_dynasty » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:53 pm

Martin wrote:It's great to be here during the summer,the nature's great,some say we got the best women in europe...
Don't come during the winter cause it can get pretty cold out here,last year it was -35C at some point.

Umbrella? Could you talk about it? :D

Ive been to bulgaria (both varna and sofia) is it similar??night life??the women?? :D or more prague like??
I really enjoy eastern europe thats why... Reason being not to far from London and not many english people (which i try to stay as far as I can when Im on holiday)

Umbrella story, well I was like 6ish and I grew up in canada, I like 3 teams at the time Lions, Bills and Eagles (due to it being close to toronto and dont ask me why but the new york team were never appealing)
and My dad went on holiday to america and brought me back those umbrella helmets with the eagles and back then I thought it was cool. So i decided to pick them. Looking back I made the right choice :D
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Post#8 » by Rooster » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:32 am

Ong_dynasty wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Ive been to bulgaria (both varna and sofia) is it similar??night life??the women?? :D or more prague like??
I really enjoy eastern europe thats why... Reason being not to far from London and not many english people (which i try to stay as far as I can when Im on holiday)

Well Varna/Sofia and Prague are drastically different to begin with, no? I've never been to Estonia but I'd imagine it'd be more similar to Prussia/Poland/Lithuania than Prague or anywhere in Eastern Europe.

I live in Toronto. I'm thinking back and I'm not exactly sure if I know why I'm an Eagles fan. I think I first got into them when they got Ricky Watters 'cause I loved the Niners in the '90s but I don't know for sure. Once the Eagles shored up the D and drafted McNabb, though, I really started liking them.
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Ong_dynasty » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:58 am

Rooster wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well Varna/Sofia and Prague are drastically different to begin with, no? I've never been to Estonia but I'd imagine it'd be more similar to Prussia/Poland/Lithuania than Prague or anywhere in Eastern Europe.

I live in Toronto. I'm thinking back and I'm not exactly sure if I know why I'm an Eagles fan. I think I first got into them when they got Ricky Watters 'cause I loved the Niners in the '90s but I don't know for sure. Once the Eagles shored up the D and drafted McNabb, though, I really started liking them.

Yea they are, thats why i wanted to know what its more similar to and what are the girls and the nightlife would be more comparable to.

I havnt been to those places so it would be no use to me:P

Id assume you have been around eastern europe then?
APerna
Editor
And1: 1

Post#10 » by APerna » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:11 pm

New England, sadly.
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
fpc833
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Fans, where you from? 

Post#11 » by fpc833 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:23 pm

Martin wrote:So let's get to know where you guys are from and since when have you been a fan?

Im from Estonia,a little country in Europe,it's located below Finland and next to Russia,a Baltic state.

I started watching NFL during the 2004 season,I chose the Eagles to be my team because they're from Philly.First game I ever saw was the Eagles vs. Giants game where Eli got jacked up by McDougle (god,that's the only play I remember from this guy)
thats cool. i was actually at that game
shucknjive
Starter
And1: 3

Post#12 » by shucknjive » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:15 am

Born in Philly, raised in Jersey, now in the Bay Area, CA. Diehard Warriors and Iggles fan.
thanks dude, ...i knew well what a crap of a man is "holly"
APerna
Editor

Post#13 » by APerna » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:54 am

I have family in Philly, that's where the love for the Iggles comes from.
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
livestrong4ever
General Manager
And1: 140

Post#14 » by livestrong4ever » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:54 pm

I just loved Mcnabb , so i became a eagles fan like 4 years ago...

All i have to say living in Wisconisn.

4th and 26 is prolly the best play i will ever see in my lifetime. lol
APerna
Editor

Post#15 » by APerna » Mon May 14, 2007 4:28 am

4th and 26th was a classic...unbelievable to this say
+ PF
bech01a1
Senior

Post#16 » by bech01a1 » Mon May 14, 2007 12:58 pm

I was at that game. My dad was able to get his boss's tickets and took me for my 21st birthday. I will never forget that game as long as I live.
Reks
Veteran

Post#17 » by Reks » Thu Jun 7, 2007 11:32 pm

Live in the Bay
Ive started watching last year
absolutley fell in love with McNabb
so now Eagles are my favorite
menflavor
easily the worst realgm screen name
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 356

Post#18 » by Det the Threat » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:08 pm

I'm from Germany.

Became a fan around the time we got McNabb and followed the team ever since.
AlvinWilliams_fan
Analyst
And1: 18

Post#19 » by AlvinWilliams_fan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:07 am

From Toronto, love the eagles cuz the first time i watched NFL it was the eagles playing and McNabb is my favourite QB
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#20 » by PhilasFinest » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:13 am

i was born and raised in Philly....so ive bled green since birth.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .

Return to Philadelphia Eagles