ImageImage

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Buffalo Bills: Game Thread

Moderator: SD2042

DaSportsGuy
Sophomore
And1: 0

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Buffalo Bills: Game Thread 

Post#1 » by DaSportsGuy » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:08 pm

***I am going to make a game out of these game threads. This is how it will go:***

I made this game thread; so if the Steelers win then I will keep making them until the Steelers lose. Now say if they lose, then someone else can make a game thread for that week. I will keep track of everones records and win percentages for this game.

Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0)

@

Buffalo Bills (0-1)

Buffalo Bills:
"J.P. Lossman started coming of age last year, but he's still a little reckless. I think he's still recorvering from rtying to outthrow Drew Bledsoe earlier in his career...I don't mind the Bill's spending money on Derrick Docker he'll produce and be one of the top 15 guards in the league. But $25 million for Langston Walker? Average player at best...That offense still lacks any threat at tight end...Brian Moorman is one of the best punters in history. Great leg, great placement of the ball, smart player....They'll miss Nate Clements at corner, but the guy that defense absolutly couldn't afford to lose was Aaron Schobel, who's a top five pass rusher in this league. Good move to lock him up long term."

Pittsburgh Steelers:
"Mike Tomlin's biggest problem as a rookie coach will be getting players who are just getting to know him to know him to lay everything on the line for him. That's not always easy...Starting tailback Willie Parker needs to get more involved in the passing game, so offensive coordinator Bruce Arians has to do what the previous regime didn't do-swing the ball out to Parker more often...heat Miller is the perfect physical blocker and soft-handed receiver at tight end...I don't like the corners. Toosoft, with too big a cushion. Tomlin will find he has to draft a couple next year...Wait until the world sees Daniel Sepulveda, the fourth-round punter out of Baylor. He's a big kid with a Ray Guy leg."

Those were quotes from Sports Illustrated.
Cav-Titan-Cub
Bench Warmer

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Buffalo Bills: Game Thread 

Post#2 » by Cav-Titan-Cub » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:02 pm

DaSportsGuy wrote:***I am going to make a game out of these game threads. This is how it will go:***

I made this game thread; so if the Steelers win then I will keep making them until the Steelers lose. Now say if they lose, then someone else can make a game thread for that week. I will keep track of everones records and win percentages for this game.

Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0)

@

Buffalo Bills (0-1)

Buffalo Bills:
"J.P. Lossman started coming of age last year, but he's still a little reckless. I think he's still recorvering from rtying to outthrow Drew Bledsoe earlier in his career...I don't mind the Bill's spending money on Derrick Docker he'll produce and be one of the top 15 guards in the league. But $25 million for Langston Walker? Average player at best...That offense still lacks any threat at tight end...Brian Moorman is one of the best punters in history. Great leg, great placement of the ball, smart player....They'll miss Nate Clements at corner, but the guy that defense absolutly couldn't afford to lose was Aaron Schobel, who's a top five pass rusher in this league. Good move to lock him up long term."

Pittsburgh Steelers:
"Mike Tomlin's biggest problem as a rookie coach will be getting players who are just getting to know him to know him to lay everything on the line for him. That's not always easy...Starting tailback Willie Parker needs to get more involved in the passing game, so offensive coordinator Bruce Arians has to do what the previous regime didn't do-swing the ball out to Parker more often...heat Miller is the perfect physical blocker and soft-handed receiver at tight end...I don't like the corners. Toosoft, with too big a cushion. Tomlin will find he has to draft a couple next year...Wait until the world sees Daniel Sepulveda, the fourth-round punter out of Baylor. He's a big kid with a Ray Guy leg."

Those were quotes from Sports Illustrated.

I wonder where you got this idea...Cubs boards maybe? And there's only 16 games, not enough to do this.
DaSportsGuy
Sophomore

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Buffalo Bills: Game Thread 

Post#3 » by DaSportsGuy » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:37 pm

Cav-Titan-Cub wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I wonder where you got this idea...Cubs boards maybe? And there's only 16 games, not enough to do this.

No duh I got it from the Cubs one. You got a problem with me making a game thread? Your probably just mad because you like to go into other forums that aren't even your favorite teams and make game threads. Then you use the word "we" in some forums (like the Braves) and you don't even like the Braves. I can see if you were talking about the Cubs, but don't do it for the Braves. Also, who cares if there are only 16 games? I don't care if there were five games I would still make game threads.
DaSportsGuy
Sophomore

Post#4 » by DaSportsGuy » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:36 pm

Hopefully Roethlisburger can play like he did in week 1 consistently throughout the season. We need a big performance out of him this season, and Willie Parker.

We should run all over the Buffalo Bills tomorrow, they don't have the best run defense in the world.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#5 » by SD2042 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:52 am

Plus the Bills will be playing with heavy hearts considering what happened with Barnett last Sunday.
DaSportsGuy
Sophomore

Post#6 » by DaSportsGuy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:27 pm

Game Summary

Final Score:

Pittsburgh Steelers-26
Buffalo Bills-3

Statistics:

Buffalo-J.P. Lossman (15-25, 154), M. Lynch (18-64)

Pittsburgh: B. Roethlisberger (21-34, 242) , W. Parker (23-126)

Willie Parker gets another 100+ yards game this week. Last week against the Browns he gained 106 yards on the ground and this week he puts up some solid numbers with 126 yards.
Cav-Titan-Cub
Bench Warmer

Post#7 » by Cav-Titan-Cub » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:00 am

We wore our throwbacks today, those looked pretty sweet.

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers