Chargers@ Broncos Game Thread

Moderator: bwgood77

matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,764

Chargers@ Broncos Game Thread 

Post#1 » by matt131 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:49 pm

I'm still pretty dejected after Sunday's loss, but I hope Rivers and the team aren't. This obviously will be our toughest game of the year so far, especially with the injuries to our secondary. I have yet to read any football news since our last game, but I'm praying Verrett and Flowers are able to play. The sucky thing for Flowers is that he only has a few days of rest before practices and the early-in-the-week game.

Anyway, we've beat them before and we can do it again. Granted, without Ryan Mathews, it might be a little tougher. I imagine Oliver will get a ton of carries in hopes of controlling the clock. Funny thing though, that method only works if you can score TDs in the red zone. That part of our offense desperately needs to be fixed. Also, I'm incredibly concerned about our offensive line not being able to protect Rivers. I think one of the main reasons we saw Rivers have an MVP type start to the season is because he rarely got touched. In our previous game, he got hit way too much. We need to give him time to throw, and I really hope Keenan can channel his big effort from last year's game in Denver and dominate this game as well.

Defensively.....crap. We need a combination of things to happen: get pressure on Manning (possible), render their running game useless (possible), eliminate Demaryius' big plays (probably not possible without Flowers), tackle quickly and effectively, taking away any chance of their tiny slot receivers (Welker, Sanders) from breaking big runs after catches (depends on our mindset and discipline), and stop them on 3rd down (especially 3rd and longs - no more of this bull crap where teams convert against us on 3rd and 20!).

Despite my brain telling me otherwise, my heart is telling me we still have a chance in this game. We've done it before, it's a division game, we're still (I would imagine) considered underdogs in this game, we're angry (or at least should be) about our previous performance, and we have Philip Rivers on our team gosh darn it so let's go win this thing!

BOLT UP!!!!!
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,764

Re: Chargers@ Broncos Game Thread 

Post#2 » by matt131 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:53 pm

Well, looks like Flowers is out. Not good.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,685

Post#3 » by bwgood77 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:42 am

Well you know what Manning did there. "Oh, Richard Marshall is in the game? It's coming to you for a touchdown Sanders!"
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,685

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:23 am

And...Marshall does it again...I honestly think they could sign the best cb off waivers or whatever and that would be MUCH better.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,751

Post#5 » by Revived » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:11 am

I wasn't surprised by this loss. I was well expecting it. This team is off right now and injuries has a lot to do with it.

One thing I don't like is how Rivers and mulitpple players keep saying "Oh guys we're still 5-3, its fine"..

I remember back from 2010-2013 they would keep saying that when they lost, "Oh guys we're only 0-1, oh guys we're only 2-5" etc. Then eventually the season spiraled out of control.

Charger played need to stop looking for satisfaction and need to start playing like DOGS. They need to kick, and scratch and somehow start coming away with victories. Our schedule toughens up after game against Raiders and Dolphins, we can't f***ing lose those.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,751

Post#6 » by Revived » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:15 am

bwgood77 wrote:And...Marshall does it again...I honestly think they could sign the best cb off waivers or whatever and that would be MUCH better.

They could probably sign me or you and THAT would be much better.

Return to Los Angeles Chargers