ImageImageImageImageImage

49ers vs. Houston Texans

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,243

Re: 49ers vs. Houston Texans 

Post#241 » by thesack12 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 4:40 am

Sweet, NBC just announced the post flexed schedule and the NFL didn't move the 9ers/Rams game.

So we'll know the outcome of of the Saints/Falcons game before the 9ers kickoff at 4:25 ET.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#242 » by thesack12 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 4:43 am

Uh oh, looks like I might have spoke too soon.

Read on Twitter
thesack12
RealGM

Post#243 » by thesack12 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 4:50 am

Read on Twitter

Well damn, gonna have to go all in next Sunday
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#244 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jan 3, 2022 5:07 am

Boooooo
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 967

Post#245 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Jan 3, 2022 4:40 pm

I'd be pretty shocked if the Saints didn't beat the Falcons, anyway. Falcons are a bad team, and that Saints D has been really good lately. I think we're in some trouble, but it's up to us. Just have to beat the Rams and we're in.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 967

Post#246 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Jan 3, 2022 4:53 pm

thesack12 wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:I think we need to beat the Rams to make the playoffs. Lots of games this year that are especially hard to swallow in retrospect. This team choked away several wins.

Yep, the Packers game immediately comes to mind. 9ers scored a TD to take the lead with like 35 seconds remaining and the Packers didn't have any timeouts. So upsetting...

But yeah, I agree with you I'm not confident the Saints will lose to the Falcons. And while the 9ers seem to have had the Rams' number in recent years, this is a really good Rams squad loaded with talent. Kupp and Beckham are a nightmare matchup for the secondary.

I saw that the 49ers currently have n 81% chance to make the playoffs. I don't know how its that high considering next week's matchups.

Yeah, I mean, how many games come to mind? Hawks game where we were awful (fake punt TD, safety, missed XP), then still had a chance to tie but no flag on the blatant PI/hold in the endzone (not the reason we lost, but that still needs to be called). Titans game where any number of things went wrong, including Jimmy playing like garbage and a bizarre Williams facemask overturning an offsides that arguably killed our momentum on a key first half drive (granted it still would have been 3rd and 6 and we still kicked a FG). The first Arizona game where we failed to convert four - FOUR!!! - fourth downs, including two inside the Cards' five. The Indy game that we probably win going away in even tolerable weather. The Green Bay game was pretty stark, allowing ourselves to get beaten by the one player we absolutely HAD to take away. As said, lots of games to have some regrets about.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#247 » by thesack12 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 4:45 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:I think we need to beat the Rams to make the playoffs. Lots of games this year that are especially hard to swallow in retrospect. This team choked away several wins.

Yep, the Packers game immediately comes to mind. 9ers scored a TD to take the lead with like 35 seconds remaining and the Packers didn't have any timeouts. So upsetting...

But yeah, I agree with you I'm not confident the Saints will lose to the Falcons. And while the 9ers seem to have had the Rams' number in recent years, this is a really good Rams squad loaded with talent. Kupp and Beckham are a nightmare matchup for the secondary.

I saw that the 49ers currently have n 81% chance to make the playoffs. I don't know how its that high considering next week's matchups.

Yeah, I mean, how many games come to mind? Hawks game where we were awful (fake punt TD, safety, missed XP), then still had a chance to tie but no flag on the blatant PI/hold in the endzone (not the reason we lost, but that still needs to be called). Titans game where any number of things went wrong, including Jimmy playing like garbage and a bizarre Williams facemask overturning an offsides that arguably killed our momentum on a key first half drive (granted it still would have been 3rd and 6 and we still kicked a FG). The first Arizona game where we failed to convert four - FOUR!!! - fourth downs, including two inside the Cards' five. The Indy game that we probably win going away in even tolerable weather. The Green Bay game was pretty stark, allowing ourselves to get beaten by the one player we absolutely HAD to take away. As said, lots of games to have some regrets about.

For sure, its incredibly frustrating how much self sabotage this team has displayed this season.

Other than the game against the junior varsity Cardinals where they just got completely worked, the 49ers could have easily pulled out wins in every other game had they just not made critical mistakes.

Return to San Francisco 49ers