ImageImageImageImageImage

2022 Season Thread

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 968

Re: 2022 Season Thread 

Post#581 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Feb 7, 2023 7:53 pm

Should be a nice complement. As said, our DBs have been the weak link on defense over the past few years, granted they were improved this season. He's also a guy who could get another head coaching spot and net us some more comp picks if and when he leaves. Still a bummer to lose Ryans, but this is a solid replacement.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 968

Post#582 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Feb 7, 2023 8:01 pm

thesack12 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah, coming close to matching that type of offer for McGlinchey would be a hard pass.

As I mentioned earlier, using the franchise tag on Mike isn't the worst idea. Provides some continuity for the young QB, and gets you down the road to where more replacement options become available while not committing long term to a middling player with clear weaknesses and consistency issues.

I was taking a look at that list. Philly actually has a lot of guys toward the top (#3 DT Javon Hargrave, #14 CB James Bradberry, #24 DB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, #27 TJ Edwards, #28 OG Isaac Seumalo), and not much cap space. I had assumed they would be better than us next year given their draft pick capital - they have four picks before our first, including #10 and #31 or 32 - but they may also be struggling to maintain the roster they've built.

For those interested, Niners have #10 McGlinchey, #26 Garoppolo, #34 Omenihu, #47 Ward, #50 Ebukam, and #86 Al-Shaair. All good players, but no one we can't afford to lose.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#583 » by wco81 » Tue Feb 7, 2023 8:52 pm

2023 offseason thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=176&t=2264290
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,252

Post#584 » by thesack12 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:15 pm

Nick Bosa wins DPOY in a landslide, getting 46/50 first place votes. Interestingly, Micah Parsons didn't garner a single 1st place vote.

Congrats, Nick its well deserved.

His incoming contract extension figures to be MONSTROUS, and will likely be the most expensive one in NFL history for a defensive player.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,252

Post#585 » by thesack12 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:28 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah, coming close to matching that type of offer for McGlinchey would be a hard pass.

As I mentioned earlier, using the franchise tag on Mike isn't the worst idea. Provides some continuity for the young QB, and gets you down the road to where more replacement options become available while not committing long term to a middling player with clear weaknesses and consistency issues.

I was taking a look at that list. Philly actually has a lot of guys toward the top (#3 DT Javon Hargrave, #14 CB James Bradberry, #24 DB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, #27 TJ Edwards, #28 OG Isaac Seumalo), and not much cap space. I had assumed they would be better than us next year given their draft pick capital - they have four picks before our first, including #10 and #31 or 32 - but they may also be struggling to maintain the roster they've built.

For those interested, Niners have #10 McGlinchey, #26 Garoppolo, #34 Omenihu, #47 Ward, #50 Ebukam, and #86 Al-Shaair. All good players, but no one we can't afford to lose.

Moseley isn't on the list (likely because he's coming off a torn ACL) but for me he's probably the highest priority free agent to bring back. Unless his knee is just wrecked.

I have almost no interest in giving McGlinchey a raise. Omenihu is probably going to be priced out to be worth bringing back. J Ward is already talking fairly openly about leaving. Ebukam is almost bipolar, sometimes he's playing solid ball other times he's invisible. I'd probably rather re-sign Jordan Willis over Ebukam. Willis seems to make the most of his limited snaps. Depending on the price, I'd like to see Al-Shaair brought back.

Return to San Francisco 49ers