CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 967

Re: 49ers vs. Green Bay Packers 

Post#721 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:13 pm

a8bil wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
Read on Twitter

This play is a microcosm of one of the themes of the game, but man watching this play Live I didn't notice Brunskill get pushed down like he a was 5 year old.

O-Line is going to have to find a way to be a lot better this Sunday against the the Donald/Miller led pass rush.

You guys are all fretting on Brunskill while Trent was on skates on that play.

For the record, I'm mostly worried about Compton on that play. But Trent clearly wasn't close to 100% at the end of that game. He was gutting it out. Got to hope he's not only able to play, but to play at a higher level this week.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,677

Post#722 » by a8bil » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:37 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:
a8bil wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
Read on Twitter

This play is a microcosm of one of the themes of the game, but man watching this play Live I didn't notice Brunskill get pushed down like he a was 5 year old.

O-Line is going to have to find a way to be a lot better this Sunday against the the Donald/Miller led pass rush.

For the record, I'm mostly worried about Compton on that play. But Trent clearly wasn't close to 100% at the end of that game. He was gutting it out. Got to hope he's not only able to play, but to play at a higher level this week.
That may have been the play in which he got injured...you can kind of see his right leg buckle at the very end of the clip with (I think) Brunskill landing on him.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,333

Post#723 » by wco81 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:41 pm

This game took a lot out of many players, probably because of the conditions and the type of game it was.

Deebo was hobbling and of course he got a lot of touches.

Rams are trending to get Whitworth and Rapp back, two of their starters.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#724 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:52 pm

a8bil wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:
a8bil wrote:

That may have been the play in which he got injured...you can kind of see his right leg buckle at the very end of the clip with (I think) Brunskill landing on him.

This was on the final drive. Pretty sure Trent was hobbling well before this play.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#725 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:57 pm

Trent is saying he's going to play. Sure hope he's right, but we'll see. He did not practice today.
arich35
General Manager
And1: 820

Post#726 » by arich35 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:45 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:Trent is saying he's going to play. Sure hope he's right, but we'll see. He did not practice today.

I doubt he practices all week
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#727 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:55 am

arich35 wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:Trent is saying he's going to play. Sure hope he's right, but we'll see. He did not practice today.

Seems likely he will not.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#728 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:00 am

Good news that Thomas had a limited practice. We will need him this week, though Johnson was not quite the total disaster I expected (when giving him constant help over the top, admittedly).

I'd love to see Maurice Hurst active as I think he has the potential to be one of our better interior rushers when healthy, but he may just have missed too much time, and Armstead and Jones have been tearing it up lately.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#729 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:02 am

Read or heard something about Josh Norman coming in and not being a disaster. Maybe just mentioned while talking to a friend or co-worker, I can't recall. I laughed out loud. Dude got one snap, and tried his damnedest to commit PI, he was just so far away in coverage that he couldn't reach Adams to commit a penalty. Thankfully Rodgers threw too low and inside for Adams to make a play.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,333

Post#730 » by wco81 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:07 am

Rodgers rarely targeted anyone other than Adams. Not even the TE.

Kind of played into the 49ers hands. Maybe since their defense was shutting down the 49ers offense in the first half, they didn't feel the need to have Rodgers drop back and hold the ball longer to see which patterns developed.

Stafford will use his TE Higbee so it won't just be Kupp.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,898

Post#731 » by Samurai » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:03 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:
arich35 wrote:

Seems likely he will not.

He's a veteran who knows his body. He can probably miss a week of practice and still be able to show up on Sunday. It's probably more a matter of how much pain he can tolerate.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#732 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:54 pm

a8bil wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:
a8bil wrote:

Williams got hurt much earlier, as Cohn and Co. note here, though this play might have aggravated the injury:

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/the-exact-moment-49ers-lt-trent-williams-injured-his-ankle-against-the-packers
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#733 » by CrimsonCrew » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:13 pm

Just FYI, I'm planning to start the game thread again this week (I've been doing so since the week 18 Rams game), but I'm going to be on the road in the morning and may not fire it up much before kickoff (I'll try to do it from my phone if I'm cutting it close at all). Don't get impatient and start your own, anyone! This is of vital importance!!!
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,243

Post#734 » by thesack12 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:06 am

Read on Twitter

This is a pretty strong indicator Trent is dealing with a high ankle sprain.

Read on Twitter

This confirms it...

Its not looking good to have Trent out there this Sunday.
zman1
Pro Prospect
And1: 128

Post#735 » by zman1 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:29 pm

Damecco Ryans made a brilliant gutsy call on that last pass by GB. I had read that Rodgers if given a clean pocket liked to go hero ball and throw the bomb. Ryans of course knew that and duped Rodgers into making that throw by blitzing both safties. Rodgers had to think he had one on one on devontae . But Ryans tricked him by dropping tafunga back in coverage. Wow. Worked to perfection.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
thesack12
RealGM

Post#736 » by thesack12 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:25 pm

zman1 wrote:Damecco Ryans made a brilliant gutsy call on that last pass by GB. I had read that Rodgers if given a clean pocket liked to go hero ball and throw the bomb. Ryans of course knew that and duped Rodgers into making that throw by blitzing both safties. Rodgers had to think he had one on one on devontae . But Ryans tricked him by dropping tafunga back in coverage. Wow. Worked to perfection.

Ryans doesn't blitz much, but when he does they are usually very well timed as he seems to have a great knack for situational awareness and feel for what the offense is thinking when dialing them up.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#737 » by thesack12 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:35 pm

Trenton Cannon activated from IR, River Cracraft cut in a corresponding move.

Other than the 1st Seattle game where he seemingly forgot how to play football, Cannon has been mostly adequate as a return guy and has made a good amount of tackles on special teams.

Sudfeld was elevated from the practice squad, which the beat writers seem to think is just a reward for Nate as he will get a game check.

However for awhile now, I have been mentioning that I wouldn't be surprised if Trey Lance was deployed as a RB at some point. That being the case, I could see Sudfeld being elevated possibly being an indicator that we might see some of that tomorrow. If Kyle plans on using his backup QB as a runner, the risk of him getting hurt obviously goes up. And we aware that Jimmy is already banged up. Having a 3rd active QB would be a way to protect (sort of, lol) against a potential worst case scenario where QB1 & QB2 have to leave the game.

IDK, it might just be the team wanting to do Sudfeld a solid. But the thought did cross my mind.
zman1
Pro Prospect
And1: 128

Post#738 » by zman1 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:01 am

thesack12 wrote:
zman1 wrote:Damecco Ryans made a brilliant gutsy call on that last pass by GB. I had read that Rodgers if given a clean pocket liked to go hero ball and throw the bomb. Ryans of course knew that and duped Rodgers into making that throw by blitzing both safties. Rodgers had to think he had one on one on devontae . But Ryans tricked him by dropping tafunga back in coverage. Wow. Worked to perfection.

Ryans doesn't blitz much, but when he does they are usually very well timed as he seems to have a great knack for situational awareness and feel for what the offense is thinking when dialing them up.
That one was uniquely special though. He baited the qb into throwing to the wrong guy. Never seen that before.

RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#739 » by RIPskaterdude » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:55 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:Just FYI, I'm planning to start the game thread again this week (I've been doing so since the week 18 Rams game), but I'm going to be on the road in the morning and may not fire it up much before kickoff (I'll try to do it from my phone if I'm cutting it close at all). Don't get impatient and start your own, anyone! This is of vital importance!!!
Was just looking for the thread
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#740 » by CrimsonCrew » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:11 pm

RIPskaterdude wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:Just FYI, I'm planning to start the game thread again this week (I've been doing so since the week 18 Rams game), but I'm going to be on the road in the morning and may not fire it up much before kickoff (I'll try to do it from my phone if I'm cutting it close at all). Don't get impatient and start your own, anyone! This is of vital importance!!!
Was just looking for the thread

I can start it early this week.

Return to San Francisco 49ers