Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 968

Re: 2022 ROOKIES 

Post#85 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:52 pm

Yeah, but those guys are playing against the rest of the Seahawks roster, so....
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,511

Post#86 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:23 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:Yeah, but those guys are playing against the rest of the Seahawks roster, so....

Lol...I sense a little sarcasm?

Both Woolen & Bryant have been the talk of camp so far. Lots of buzz about both guys. But Woolen sticks out. Especially when he can hold his own against a guy like Metcalf. We just haven't really seen anyone with his measurables play that position.

Kenneth Walker has been better than advertised. He's going to have a huge role.

It's a little difficult to judge O-line play in camp. But the reports so far are good for Charles Cross. Taking 1st team reps. So we'll see...

Idk about you, but it's pretty evident that guys like Woolen & Romeo Doubs are on pace to have Hall of Fame careers. If you believe what you read. :wink:
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 968

Post#87 » by CrimsonCrew » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:25 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:Yeah, but those guys are playing against the rest of the Seahawks roster, so....

Both Woolen & Bryant have been the talk of camp so far. Lots of buzz about both guys. But Woolen sticks out. Especially when he can hold his own against a guy like Metcalf. We just haven't really seen anyone with his measurables play that position.

It's a little difficult to judge O-line play in camp. But the reports so far are good for Charles Cross. Taking 1st team reps. So we'll see...

Idk about you, but it's pretty evident that guys like Woolen & Romeo Doubs are on pace to have Hall of Fame careers. If you believe what you read. :wink:

I'm mostly joking. I liked a lot of the players the Hawks added, and Carol has always had a good eye for DBs on particular.

In terms of Woolen, I'll be genuinely interested to see how he pans out. Amazing physical tools, but A lot more goes into excellence at that spot than just the physical. And he and Metcalf are kind of mirror images: big, blazing fast linear players with questions about change of direction. That's easier to mask at WR than CB, though Woolen has lots of room for growth given the small sample size.

Walker should be a great RB, though I think they took him early (I almost always think that about RBs). The two OTs could be long-term starters as well, though I'd expect some struggles this year. I don't know that Seattle has the pass rushers to really test those guys in camp.

Anyway, much as I hate the Hawks (a little bit less now that Dangeruss is gone), the division is more interesting when they're good, so hopefully they did have a great draft. Just a little worse than the Niners'.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#88 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:24 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:I'm mostly joking. I liked a lot of the players the Hawks added, and Carol has always had a good eye for DBs on particular.

In terms of Woolen, I'll be genuinely interested to see how he pans out. Amazing physical tools, but A lot more goes into excellence at that spot than just the physical. And he and Metcalf are kind of mirror images: big, blazing fast linear players with questions about change of direction. That's easier to mask at WR than CB, though Woolen has lots of room for growth given the small sample size.

Walker should be a great RB, though I think they took him early (I almost always think that about RBs). The two OTs could be long-term starters as well, though I'd expect some struggles this year. I don't know that Seattle has the pass rushers to really test those guys in camp.

Anyway, much as I hate the Hawks (a little bit less now that Dangeruss is gone), the division is more interesting when they're good, so hopefully they did have a great draft. Just a little worse than the Niners'.

I'd push back on the taking a RB too early argument. Especially for a real difference maker at the position. If you reach on a RB, than that's a different story. But Walker was the best runner in college last year. He absolutely carried that team at times (Michigan State). I have no issues taking a RB as early as the 2nd Round. Do you think the Colts regret taking Jonathan Taylor in the 2nd? Absolutely not. Rashaad Penny has shown that he can't stay healthy. So RB was a huge glaring need for the team. Especially with the impending retirement of Chris Carson.

The philosophy is clearly different for a team like San Francisco. Shanahan uses more of a committee of RB's approach. So they clearly view the position & relative draft value differently. Although they did take a RB in the 3rd Round.

As far as the Offensive Tackles, the reports early in camp are good. Growing pains are expected for Rookie lineman. But the team isn't truly ready to compete this year anyway. I expect Cross to develop into one of the better LT's going forward. Abe Lucas should be steady at RT. He was a four year starter at WSU.

Woolen, Coby Bryant & Tre Brown is a good young core of CB's. Brown is a 2nd year guy who looked impressive before going down with an injury last season. Sidney Jones & Artie Burns are the incumbent starters. Both had solid years last year, if you buy into PFF grading. But Woolen, Bryant & Brown are the future.

I'll just say that I was initially not on board with the Wilson trade. But I can see the vision for what they want to accomplish. This team desperately needed an infusion of young talent. They want to get back to their old ways in a sense. Having a younger & hungrier team with which to build with.

Russ was great. But your ceiling is likely capped with him. They realized that & decided that now was the time to pull the trigger.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 226

Post#89 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:31 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=zouZWFcZTEkbyndvU61_Qw
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#90 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:59 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

How were you not high on Walker pre draft? Dude was a stud at Michigan State. He and Bryce Hall were neck to neck as the two best RBs in the draft. After them was a huge drop off in terms of talent.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#91 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:08 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

How were you not high on Walker pre draft? Dude was a stud at Michigan State. He and Bryce Hall were neck to neck as the two best RBs in the draft. After them was a huge drop off in terms of talent.

I loved the Walker pick. Definitely worth taking. People questioned his pass catching ability. But the reports out of camp are that he's better than advertised in that department.

I'm not sure if you're quoting me or Crimson? Lol
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#92 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:27 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Lol...I sense a little sarcasm?

I loved the Walker pick. Definitely worth taking.

I'm not sure if you're quoting me or Crimson? Lol

My apologies. You threw me off with the “better than advertised” statement. To me you when I read that, you made as if you had low expectations for Kenneth within that system initially. Then he must’ve impressed you down the line during camp or OTAs causing you to have a change of heart or something. I now realized that I read too much into it.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#93 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:24 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=NGry19qpn-a4fmSXjZn7JQ
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#94 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:28 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=3AMLw0aVV6sCqpGBKdvCDg
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#95 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:32 am

GEORGE PICKENS
WR, PITTSBURGH STEELERS

The Athletic's Mark Kaboly reports WR George Pickens has been a "star" throughout Steelers training camp.

The second-round pick out of Georgia has reportedly dominated cornerbacks over the past two weeks, showing off his downfield catching ability and precise route running. "His hands are good, his speed is good, his ability to contort his body is good," Kaboly said. "Honestly, I’ve never seen a rookie this good this early." Pickens' camp domination could be related to Diontae Johnson missing most practices -- first with a contract "hold in," then with a leg issue. Chase Claypool also missed a week of training camp with a shoulder injury. Kaboly said Claypool's limited reps "haven't been overwhelming." A solid preseason could force Pickens -- who shaped up to be the top receiver in his draft class before a 2021 ACL injury -- into the Steelers' No. 2 wideout role behind Johnson. He should be drafted in deeper fantasy formats.
SOURCE: The Athletic

Aug 12, 2022, 9:01 AM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#96 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:34 am

DESMOND RIDDER
QB, ATLANTA FALCONS

Falcons QB Desmond Ridder completed 10-of-22 passes for 103 yards and two touchdowns in his preseason debut against Detroit.

The Falcons started Marcus Mariota, who left after scoring a rushing TD on the first series. Ridder's debut couldn't have went better, with the rookie finishing as Atlanta's leading rusher (59 yards on six carries) and leading them to a win in the second half. Ridder's game-winning drive came in the two-minute drill, throwing a 21-yard touchdown on a broken fourth-down play. The Falcons have given Mariota the majority of first-team reps to this point, but this is the type of performance that could shake things up.

Aug 12, 2022, 9:19 PM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#97 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:39 am

MALIK WILLIS
QB, TENNESSEE TITANS

Malik Willis completed 6-of-11 passes for 107 yards in the Titans' preseason opener against the Ravens, adding five carries for 38 additional yards and a touchdown.

Willis also took two sacks. Willis had fantasy Twitter aflutter with his 48-yard deep strike to Racey McMath and his winding, field-reversing seven-yard touchdown run, but coach Mike Vrabel spent most of his Willis post-game remarks lamenting Willis' poor timing and decision-making. Vrabel's words were a reality check, but the GIFs you will see on repeat the rest of the weekend do serve as a reminder of the third-rounder's genuine play-making ability. He is an exciting Dynasty league stash.
SOURCE: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Aug 11, 2022, 11:21 PM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#98 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:41 am

TREYLON BURKS
WR, TENNESSEE TITANS

Titans first-round WR Treylon Burks played into the fourth quarter of Thursday's preseason game against the Ravens.

As charted by Pro Football Focus' Nathan Jahnke, there were red flags galore for Burks on Thursday evening. With the Titans resting Robert Woods and Nick Westbrook-Ikhine, Dez Fitzpatrick and Racey McMath were the starters. Then fellow rookie Kyle Phillips was the first wideout to enter the game in three-wide sets. Only then did Burks get playing time, and it came on the third series. He then played into the final frame, which is highly, highly unusual if you are someone the team plans to count on in Week 1. In the box score, Burks was held without a catch on one target, also contributing a four-yard rush. It is difficult to say what exactly the Titans are getting at here, but if you take their actions at face value, they simply do not believe Burks is anywhere close to ready to be a featured part of their offense. Thankfully, Burks still has a month to change that between now and the opener.
SOURCE: Pro Football Focus

Aug 11, 2022, 10:32 PM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#99 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:44 am

KENNETH WALKER
RB, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Speaking Thursday, coach Pete Carroll said the Seahawks "would feel comfortable" with second-round rookie Kenneth Walker as a three-down back.

Carroll said Walker has "turned the page" with his pass protection, and the team is far more comfortable with him playing all three downs. This is very notable information on the same day it was announced Rashaad Penny is sidelined again with a groin issue. ESPN's Brady Henderson again reiterated that Walker is "going to play a ton" as a rookie.
SOURCE: Brady Henderson on Twitter

Aug 11, 2022, 5:59 PM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#100 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:48 am

KHALIL SHAKIR
WR, BUFFALO BILLS

The Athletic's Joe Buscaglia writes Bills rookie WR Khalil Shakir is having "an excellent camp."

A fifth-round rookie, Shakir looks like a lock for the final roster according to Buscaglia. That is the good news. The bad news is Shakir is staring up at several talented receivers on the depth chart. Barring injuries, he will find targets difficult to come by this season. Still, he looks like a stash in Dynasty formats.
SOURCE: The Athletic

Aug 11, 2022, 4:45 PM ET

Return to San Francisco 49ers