Game 122: Reds @ Brewers 7:05 PM

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 868

Post#81 » by Epicurus » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:07 am

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yes as a Brewers fan I would've preferred to see the rest of them. :lol:

Maybe tomorrow you'll get to see the wonders of Mike Stanton, who is almost my age and weight. Or Eddie Gardado, who is almost my age and weight.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,835

Post#82 » by worthlessBucks » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:09 am

Friday night, FSN booth outside the stadium, they're begging from trouble from the inebriated.
Go Bucks!
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Post#83 » by trwi7 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:10 am

Epicurus wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Maybe tomorrow you'll get to see the wonders of Mike Stanton, who is almost my age and weight. Or Eddie Gardado, who is almost my age and weight.

I was kind of hoping you guys kept Standridge and Shackleford. I'm hoping for Todd Coffey to get some time as well.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Epicurus
RealGM

Post#84 » by Epicurus » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:13 am

No room for such depth. I think they released the first two and shot Coffey.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,424

Post#85 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:16 am

Epicurus wrote:No room for such depth. I think they released the first two and shot Coffey.

You should be excited about the Reds....getting a new manager did make a difference..... ;)
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,206

Post#86 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:23 am

Imagine that.
Epicurus
RealGM

Post#87 » by Epicurus » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:25 am

A .500 team simply getting to .500. I do enjoy the everjumpy Bucks/Brewer fans scapegoating Yost, despite the team performing beyond their preseason expectations. Must be something in the water.
Captain Erv
General Manager
And1: 78

Post#88 » by Captain Erv » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:28 am

RBCV is up correct?
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#89 » by WEFFPIM » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:52 am

Epicurus wrote:A .500 team simply getting to .500. I do enjoy the everjumpy Bucks/Brewer fans scapegoating Yost, despite the team performing beyond their preseason expectations. Must be something in the water.

Many picked the Brewers to win the Central
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#90 » by trwi7 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:04 am

Epicurus wrote:A .500 team simply getting to .500. I do enjoy the everjumpy Bucks/Brewer fans scapegoating Yost, despite the team performing beyond their preseason expectations. Must be something in the water.

Well I don't enjoy Yost with his holier than though attitude saying the fans know nothing about the game and trying to outhink himself by changing the lineup everyday.

However I do enjoy you coming over here telling us what our expectations should've been and then saying we're scapegoating the manager without you knowing the situation and why we want him fired. Seems a little hypocritical because that was one of your main arguments about Stotts. :wink:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

Epicurus
RealGM

Post#91 » by Epicurus » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:06 am

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Many picked the Brewers to win the Central

And many didn't, particularly given the youth.
Epicurus
RealGM

Post#92 » by Epicurus » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:08 am

Well I don't enjoy Yost with his holier than though attitude saying the fans know nothing about the game and trying to outhink himself by changing the lineup everyday.

However I do enjoy you coming over here telling us what our expectations should've been and then saying we're scapegoating the manager without you knowing the situation and why we want him fired. Seems a little hypocritical because that was one of your main arguments about Stotts. :wink:

What the hell are you yammering about now? I can read the thread on fire Yost and since I can, I find it downright humerous. No, son, I am the one being consistent.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#93 » by trwi7 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:30 am

What the hell are you yammering about now? I can read the thread on fire Yost and since I can, I find it downright humerous. No, son, I am the one being consistent.

Well have you followed this team all year and since Yost has been manager? Have you seen the mis-management of the bullpen? The constant lineup changes? The condescension towards the fans and media? The everything is alright, the fans are worrying for the sake of worrying so shut up and enjoy the race? No you haven't heard that? So why don't you just leave?

trwi7
RealGM

Post#94 » by trwi7 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:32 am

And many didn't, particularly given the youth.

And given that our 23 year old 1st baseman is an MVP candidate, our 3rd baseman is basically a lock for NL Rookie of the year, our 24 year old shortstop has 22 homeruns and our 25 year old right fielder is close to a 20/20 season it appears that the youth isn't the problem.

So what do YOU think the problem is?

Epicurus
RealGM

Post#95 » by Epicurus » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:02 am

Well have you followed this team all year and since Yost has been manager? Have you seen the mis-management of the bullpen? The constant lineup changes? The condescension towards the fans and media? The everything is alright, the fans are worrying for the sake of worrying so shut up and enjoy the race? No you haven't heard that? So why don't you just leave?

You really don't realize that all teams that are losing either seasonally or in stretches have fans that say the exact same things (albeit the condescension towards the fans and media is a new twist). Always someone who knows so much more than a professional baseball manager, who is so informed of the task environment and decisional field of the manager. What stupidity gone wild. So why should I leave, as I enjoy the presumption of the clueless.
Epicurus
RealGM

Post#96 » by Epicurus » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:06 am

And given that our 23 year old 1st baseman is an MVP candidate, our 3rd baseman is basically a lock for NL Rookie of the year, our 24 year old shortstop has 22 homeruns and our 25 year old right fielder is close to a 20/20 season it appears that the youth isn't the problem.

So what do YOU think the problem is?

The players you didn't mention, including a pitcher or two who have been injured or ineffective (I know the manager caused the injuries or the ineffectiveness-giggle). But youth was the PRESEASON reason why many thought the Brewers would not be nearly where they are now. Do you really think your statement negates that? Reading is fundamental and even fun. Try it sometime before playing the smurf.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,424

Post#97 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:13 am

Epi, when they first fired Narron, you made a comment on here about how it would make no difference to how the team played and tied it into our crazy beliefs about Stotts. The replacement of Narron has made a difference.....clearly. And it is basically the same team that is playing better now. We don't have to account for a drastically different roster or some crazy "historical comparison" factor about how the players will perform differently in 2007 versus 2008 because the earth's gravitational pull on the baseball will be slightly different, making any year to year comparison of managerial performance invalid.

Now, will that last the rest of this season? Will it carry into next season? Who knows. But for some reason or reasons the Reds are playing much better.....and the players are speaking out in favor of the new manager.....

There is a metaphysical dimension to sports.......you can't ride it for multi-year stretches with the same players and coach, but some guys just have "it". And there are also certain managers and coaches who don't have "it" but also have a negative "it" where performance of the team is worse than what might be predicted.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#98 » by trwi7 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:13 am

You really don't realize that all teams that are losing either seasonally or in stretches have fans that say the exact same things (albeit the condescension towards the fans and media is a new twist).

Oh yeah I realize it but what you need to realize is that these 2nd half collapses have been all too common under Yost. This isn't some new occurence, he's had 5 years with this team and it's the same crap every year. Start out well, collapse in the 2nd half. Last year injuries were used as an excuse well there's been one injury this year and after the 24-10 start and now the subsequent collapse and 25 years since the last playoff appearance, as well as the condescension by Yost has most of the fanbase pissed off.

Always someone who knows so much more than a professional baseball manager, who is so informed of the task environment and decisional field of the manager.

I think many here would agree that I, in fact do know more about baseball than Ned Yost. Of course they might be biased. :wink:

What stupidity gone wild. So why should I leave, as I enjoy the presumption of the clueless.

Ah I've enjoyed your witty jabs on the Bucks board and some of them may be warranted as you followed the team. But let me ask you. Do you follow the Brewers as much as anybody who posts on this board? Have you heard Yost's press conferences, the player interviews, the things that are wrong with the team and how to fix them? No? Oh really so you DON'T know more about the Brewers then us? This is why I find it hilarious that you come here and defend a manager of a team you don't care about because of the mob mentality of the fans and how we aren't as smart as the manager.

Epicurus
RealGM

Post#99 » by Epicurus » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:16 am

The point, of course, isn't what I know, but that you don't know 1/100 what Manager Yost knows and you are incredibly presumptuos to sanction him. And you are right. I hate scapegoating by a uninformed mob. Always have.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#100 » by trwi7 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:24 am

The players you didn't mention, including a pitcher or two who have been injured or ineffective (I know the manager caused the injuries or the ineffectiveness-giggle). But youth was the PRESEASON reason why many thought the Brewers would not be nearly where they are now. Do you really think your statement negates that? Reading is fundamental and even fun. Try it sometime before playing the smurf.

Ah yes how could I forget? We signed a pitcher for his veteran experience to come in and post a 4.9 ERA. Our #1 pitcher went down about a month ago. Until the past couple of starts our 21 year old rookie pitcher filled in an did just as good if not better than Sheets would've compiling a 2.22 ERA. So somehow I doubt Sheets made a HUGE difference that we lost the lead in the division.

Umm hello? Look at our young players and how they're playing. Tell me how my statement doesn't negate that. We have 100 combined homeruns from our right fielder, 3rd baseman (who was called up 2 months INTO the season), our shortstop and our 1st baseman. None of them are older than 25.

Our 23 year old reliever was one of the best in the game until he got overworked and shelled a couple times but I suppose that isn't Yost's fault since it's not his job to manage the bullpen.

Our 21 year old pitcher was doing great until Yost allowed him to get bombed in Colorado which inflated his ERA from 2.55 to 4.20. And our 24 year old pitcher came up and has posted an ERA just above 3.

What I find hilarious is you trying to say that our youth is the problem when they're the only ones producing aside from a veteran or two (Jenkins, Linebrink and Cordero.)

Return to Milwaukee Brewers