ImageImageImageImageImage

Game #22: BLAZERS (6-15) @ LAC (11-10) MON 12/11—7:30 PM

Moderators: TrueLAfan, og15

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,947

Re: Game #22: BLAZERS (6-15) @ LAC (11-10) MON 12/11—7:30 PM 

Post#41 » by esqtvd » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:45 am

LamarWho wrote:This would be a really bad loss for our momentum. Glad we pulled it off. They were shooting like the dynasty warriors in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. B2B tomorrow but Kings also played tonight so no excuses.

YAH. All true. Never in danger of losing, I think. Just a scrimmage. I don't think the Blazers were any real threat to win.

But this team is old and creaky and saving its energy for 6 months from now. Because anything short of the Conference Finals will be a failure.

It's not even Christmas Day yet--when the NBA season really starts--and this team already looks bored, old and lazy.

So OK--Kings coming in tomorrow and the Dubs on Thursday. Let's see what we're made of.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#42 » by esqtvd » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:22 am

wakelaunch1 wrote:The Good: When we play the right way, we are really good.
The Bad: our defense was bad and for good portions of the game, we reverted back to our old way of playing.

All true

The Good: When we play the right way, we are really good.

OK

The Bad: our defense was bad

OK

but

we reverted back to our old way of playing.

What is our "OLD WAY OF PLAYING"? When?

Warriors and Clippers have the highest winning percentage in last DECADE. You could look it up.

Please explain yourself. What is your purpose here? What is your point, douching our game thread on a night WE WON?

I don't know what you mean by "we" or "our" or "old way of playing." WE have no idea who or what tf you are. Who is "Wakelaunch1"?

You are not WE. You are not OUR. Say whatever you want but please just don't include yourself as part of our community. That's presumptuous and insulting to those of us who keep this board alive.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#43 » by esqtvd » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:24 am

LamarWho wrote:This would be a really bad loss for our momentum. Glad we pulled it off. They were shooting like the dynasty warriors in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. B2B tomorrow but Kings also played tonight so no excuses.

Good point, and THEY have to come down here at least. Our 3-in-5 is at least at home.
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,371

Post#44 » by Scoundreldays » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:51 am

Way to be clutch with the free throws at the end
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,311

Post#45 » by Dynamix » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:15 am

I usually get up early, start watching the game from the beginning, skipping through all the breaks and reading stuff on my phone, while being careful to avoid any sources for spoilers. This time I made it all the way until late in the 4th quarter, but carelessly clicked some YouTube clip, then the "Clippers beat the Blazers" highlight was right there. Let me tell you, that made watching the closing minutes a lot more tolerable.

Didn't even think the team looked that bad, just got too complacent on defense since the offense was clicking early, dared those youngsters to shoot and they kindly obliged, while we ourselves got a little too long range happy and PG could've made a few more shots to put them away earlier. Probably could've also done a better job of keeping Zu involved after that great start.

Obviously would've preferred an easier win on the first night of a B2B, but pretty sure we end up losing this game two weeks ago.

I'm so over opponents missing a bunch of key players against us. Their end of the bench replacements always play hard, someone who hasn't made a three since pre-season starts shooting like Curry, and all that other fun stuff. With everyone at full strength, losses wouldn't even sting as much. We could win 20 straight and I'll probably still be thinking about that one we dropped against Reggie&DJ.

We're most likely going to lose another game sooner rather than later. Splitting these next two would be totally fine in my book, but I really want to put another nail in the Warriors coffin. Just no more ugly losing streaks, keep building those good habits.

And while I get riding our main guys as they're still figuring stuff out together, eventually we will need to rely on the bench more, those heavy minutes aren't sustainable. Ty was asked about it after the game and acknowledged the situation, even knocked on wood to keep everyone healthy. I would do unspeakable things just for a guarantee that our stars are going to be healthy throughout the playoffs.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 750

Post#46 » by Captain Ballmer » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:49 am

Kawhi' 2 in a row statement games. He's 100% healthy.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 787

Post#47 » by donemilio21 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:08 pm

Captain Ballmer wrote:Kawhi' 2 in a row statement games. He's 100% healthy.

he played a ton of minutes last two games, wonder if tonight will be the first game he sits.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers