ImageImageImage

The Benching of Doug Martin

Moderator: craig01

denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

The Benching of Doug Martin 

Post#1 » by denterprise » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:04 pm

The benching of Doug Martin, was it a good decision? His benching has come under question by fans, the media and the players. The coach's decision may have cost the Bucs a playoff spot. This could have been Dirk Koetter most costly decision since he took over as coach. He was hired to get the Bucs into the playoffs this season but will come up short. Was ownership expectations of this team fair? I believe the team lacks talent and it is unfair to put the full blame on this coach or the last one.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Re: The Benching of Doug Martin 

Post#2 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:50 pm

I don't blame Koetter. Martin missed 6 or 7 games after the first game of the season, with a hamstring injury. I don't think he fully recovered. Based on play, Quizz has had the best season of the RBs on the roster. I think the lack of turnovers caused by the defense the last 2 games and Winston's 5 INTs and 1 fumble the past two games, should take more blame then benching Martin. We needed the defense and Winston to continue their play from during the 5 game win streak, and both failed to do so.

Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers