Boston Hoping to Stick

Moderator: craig01

PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Boston Hoping to Stick 

Post#1 » by PR07 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:27 am

When the Titans visit Tampa on Oct. 14, McGinnis expects to see the same receiver he coached to the Pro Bowl in Arizona. First, though, Boston must complete an improbable comeback and make the Bucs' final 53-man roster coming out of training camp.

"I'm just thankful for another opportunity," said Boston, who was among Tampa Bay's final cuts last season, when injuries along the offensive line left him caught in a numbers game. "These guys have stuck with me, and I'm really thankful to the organization. I knew when they released me they were still interested."

Gruden has been interested since Boston blossomed into Jake Plummer's big-play receiver in 2000, his second pro season. By 2001, Boston had developed into a Terrell Owens clone, a big, physical target with the strength to break tackles and the speed to outrun defensive backs.

"The David Boston I know is a guy who just dominated, period," said Bucs running back Michael Pittman, a former Cardinal teammate. "He was someone who made it look easy. I know what David can do when he's healthy, and right now, he looks healthy."

Boston, 28, likes his chances to stick this time around. He is another year removed from knee surgery and a four-game NFL suspension for steroid use that marred his disastrous stint with the Dolphins.

"He was one of the elite receivers in all of football a few years ago," Gruden said. "I don't even think anyone knows he's around. That's what I tell him every day - that people have forgotten about you."

It's difficult for a 6-foot-2, 230-pound target to disappear, but Boston has played only five games since 2003, when he caught 70 passes for the Chargers despite serving a one-game suspension for behavior Coach Marty Schottenheimer deemed unacceptable.

"David's driven, and he's doing things I've never seen him do," Pittman said. "He's on punt team as a gunner, he's on kickoff return as a receive guy. He was at all the OTA workouts and he's very serious about this. If a guy really wants to come back, he can get the job done. I know one thing
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,209

Post#2 » by Max Power » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:08 pm

Exactly. Boston came damn close to making the roster last season (he should have in my view) but The Bucs needed depth at the O-line pretty bad at that time so they had to let him go. He'll probably be needed if Michael Clayton blows his last chance.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 341

Post#3 » by trebone » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:13 pm

he would be a great player again if givewn the opportunity he is not as big as he once was which i feel help him

Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers