Cowboys Draft Leighton Vander Esch

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,372

Re: Cowboys Draft Leighton Vander Esch 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 1, 2021 6:27 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Well... if anyone still thinks we should throw a bag of money at this brittle b***h, I'm not sure what else to say.

I honestly think the Cowboys will be looking to completely retool the LB corp. Quinn has typically preferred smaller faster LB’s in his scheme. I think they will move on from Jaylon and will not extend LVE unless it’s a super team friendly deal. I could see them drafting a couple LB’s in the middle rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once again believe you are right on this one. I'm hearing Vander Esch is on the trading block.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Post#22 » by Mr B » Mon Mar 1, 2021 11:34 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Well... if anyone still thinks we should throw a bag of money at this brittle b***h, I'm not sure what else to say.

I honestly think the Cowboys will be looking to completely retool the LB corp. Quinn has typically preferred smaller faster LB’s in his scheme. I think they will move on from Jaylon and will not extend LVE unless it’s a super team friendly deal. I could see them drafting a couple LB’s in the middle rounds.

I once again believe you are right on this one. I'm hearing Vander Esch is on the trading block.

I haven’t seen that yet. I did see though that they plan to keep Jaylon.

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#23 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Mar 4, 2021 9:43 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Hi Otis. I sure miss having you around. :kiss

Got bored and decided to see if all the crap running in the background on this site is still running.

It is.

I can hear my processor fan cranking up as I type this.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#24 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 5, 2021 2:09 pm

Its not only that he is brittle, for every great play me makes, he's out of position in the next 4, or taking bad angles, etc,. I'm starting to think the kid is just dumb and easy to fool.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#25 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 5, 2021 4:59 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Hi Otis. I sure miss having you around. :kiss

Got bored and decided to see if all the crap running in the background on this site is still running.

It is.

Have you tried logging on through Tapatalk? It’s still a little glitchy but I don’t deal with any pop ups or ads.

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:40 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Hi Otis. I sure miss having you around. :kiss

It is.

Have you tried logging on through Tapatalk? It’s still a little glitchy but I don’t deal with any pop ups or ads.

I don't think they have an app for the Mac... so no.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#27 » by Mr B » Wed May 5, 2021 2:42 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

It is.

Really? iPhone has it, I don’t see why Mac wouldn’t. Every time I have ever posted here it has been on my iPhone.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#28 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu May 6, 2021 4:20 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I honestly think the Cowboys will be looking to completely retool the LB corp. Quinn has typically preferred smaller faster LB’s in his scheme. I think they will move on from Jaylon and will not extend LVE unless it’s a super team friendly deal. I could see them drafting a couple LB’s in the middle rounds.

Have you heard anything lately regarding the current health prognosis of Leighton's neck issue?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#29 » by Mr B » Thu May 6, 2021 4:25 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I once again believe you are right on this one. I'm hearing Vander Esch is on the trading block.

Have you heard anything lately regarding the current health prognosis of Leighton's neck issue?

From what I hear he’s ready to go for the season. Currently healthy. They did decline his 5th year option though. From my understanding they want to resign LVE but not at the $9M he would get if they picked up that 5th year. Personally I think he and Jaylon will both be back and whoever plays better will be brought back. Although I also would not be surprised if Jaylon is cut after June 1st.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#30 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu May 6, 2021 4:28 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I haven’t seen that yet. I did see though that they plan to keep Jaylon.

From what I hear he’s ready to go for the season. Currently healthy. They did decline his 5th year option though. From my understanding they want to resign LVE but not at the $9M he would get if they picked up that 5th year. Personally I think he and Jaylon will both be back and whoever plays better will be brought back. Although I also would not be surprised if Jaylon is cut after June 1st.

What are the doctor's and trainer's saying about his chances to continue in the NFL should he get another neck injury? I mean how serious is this?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#31 » by Mr B » Thu May 6, 2021 6:20 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Have you heard anything lately regarding the current health prognosis of Leighton's neck issue?

What are the doctor's and trainer's saying about his chances to continue in the NFL should he get another neck injury? I mean how serious is this?

They haven’t said anything as far as I know. I do know that he has the same spinal condition that forced Michael Irvin to retire though. Spinal Stenosis or something like that.

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri May 14, 2021 4:48 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:Have you tried logging on through Tapatalk? It’s still a little glitchy but I don’t deal with any pop ups or ads.

Really? iPhone has it, I don’t see why Mac wouldn’t. Every time I have ever posted here it has been on my iPhone.

Just because there's an app for it on the iPhone... doesn't mean there's an app for it on the Mac. They ARE different platforms, you see.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#33 » by Mr B » Fri May 14, 2021 5:04 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Just because there's an app for it on the iPhone... doesn't mean there's an app for it on the Mac. They ARE different platforms, you see.

That sucks

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#34 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:05 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:From what I hear he’s ready to go for the season. Currently healthy. They did decline his 5th year option though. From my understanding they want to resign LVE but not at the $9M he would get if they picked up that 5th year. Personally I think he and Jaylon will both be back and whoever plays better will be brought back. Although I also would not be surprised if Jaylon is cut after June 1st.

They haven’t said anything as far as I know. I do know that he has the same spinal condition that forced Michael Irvin to retire though. Spinal Stenosis or something like that.

I guess he's doing fine so far this year. haven't heard his name called too much so far but he remains healthy and that is a good thing. Still love his grit.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#35 » by Mr B » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:06 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:What are the doctor's and trainer's saying about his chances to continue in the NFL should he get another neck injury? I mean how serious is this?

I guess he's doing fine so far this year. haven't heard his name called too much so far but he remains healthy and that is a good thing. Still love his grit.

Him and Jaylon are actually playing retry well so far.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#36 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:50 pm

Very impressed with Vander Esch so far. Always loved everything about him. Lets hope he stays healthy. :pray:
Mr B
RealGM

Cowboys Draft Leighton Vander Esch 

Post#37 » by Mr B » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:02 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Very impressed with Vander Esch so far. Always loved everything about him. Lets hope he stays healthy. :pray:

He has had a pretty good season so far. Not sure if he remains here long term though.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#38 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:54 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Very impressed with Vander Esch so far. Always loved everything about him. Lets hope he stays healthy. :pray:

He has had a pretty good season so far. Not sure if he remains here long term though.

What makes you think he may not be here long term?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#39 » by Mr B » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:02 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

What makes you think he may not be here long term?

They declined his 5th year. Also his injury history. Also he doesn’t fit the mold of LB that Quinn usually likes. But, he has been pretty good this year and Quinn has shown he’s ok with change so you never know.

Return to Dallas Cowboys