That sucks. :giveup:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,147

Re: 2024 Cowboys Off Season 

Post#123 » by Mr B » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:57 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

I called it. Jerry is going to want someone he’s familiar with. Also not many coaches are going to want to sign on with a lame duck HC. They wanted Joe Whitt but he preferred the job security in Washington.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#124 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Feb 9, 2024 12:26 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Al Harris gets to add Zimmer to his resume of Defensive Coordinators he’s learned under. It’s going to pay off for him down the road.

And - count me as being in favor of this move.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,349

Post#125 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:34 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

I called it. Jerry is going to want someone he’s familiar with. Also not many coaches are going to want to sign on with a lame duck HC. They wanted Joe Whitt but he preferred the job security in Washington.

I don't care if the Cowboys start the season 9-0, I'm not drinking the cool aid till McCarthy and Dak are gone. Love what Emmitt stated yesterday. The only reason Mike McCarthy was brought back was because he wasn't the GM. Good job telling Jerry he is a **** up !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,500

Post#126 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:32 pm

Read on Twitter

Macdonald is calling the defense. So, Durde will probably be involved with the weekly installs. I'm not sure how much of a role he'll actually have because he won't have play calling duties. Plus, Leslie Frazier, former Buffalo DC, has also been hired. His role will likely be more of a glorified Assistant DC/D-line coach, if I had to guess.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#127 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:39 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Macdonald is calling the defense. So, Durde will probably be involved with the weekly installs. I'm not sure how much of a role he'll actually have because he won't have play calling duties. Plus, Leslie Frazier, former Buffalo DC, has also been hired. His role will likely be more of a glorified Assistant DC/D-line coach, if I had to guess.

Isn't that special.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#128 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:17 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hope it works out for the dude… and having Frazier on board won’t hurt either.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#129 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:33 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Macdonald is calling the defense. So, Durde will probably be involved with the weekly installs. I'm not sure how much of a role he'll actually have because he won't have play calling duties. Plus, Leslie Frazier, former Buffalo DC, has also been hired. His role will likely be more of a glorified Assistant DC/D-line coach, if I had to guess.

Hope it works out for the dude… and having Frazier on board won’t hurt either.

Yeah, it's a good gig for him. He gets a promotion "technically" & if Macdonald turns the defense into a formidable unit as expected, then Durde might get some recognition from around the league. Potentially get some head coaching opportunities down the line. Or at the very least he might get some interviews. Kind of a win/win for him.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,147

Post#130 » by Mr B » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:06 pm

This is good news. Hopefully he agrees to a team friendly deal because I think he’d really solidify the secondary with Diggs and Bland.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#131 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:07 pm

Mr B wrote:This is good news. Hopefully he agrees to a team friendly deal because I think he’d really solidify the secondary with Diggs and Bland.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg

Won't matter either way. Dak and McCarthy are coming back. That is all that needs to be said. And if Dak gets extended, we are doomed for years to come. It will set the franchise back at least 4-5 years.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#132 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:28 am

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,183

Post#133 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:03 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Best damn Cowboys news I’ve read all year… so far.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hall-of-fame-coach-jimmy-johnson-back-in-the-fold-with-cowboys-jerry-jones-after-ring-of-honor-add/

Hope Jerry is listening

"We were talking on the phone. I talked to him about an hour after his Green Bay loss, and he was talking about what all he needed to do because he had big decisions on Mike McCarthy and Dan Quinn and Dak Prescott. Everything is hunky dory now. I am back in the fold with the Cowboys."

This lets us know that Jerry was/is actually contemplating the fate all 3 of them.

"It's funny because every time I'm with Jerry even here for the last hour or so, we tell stories back and forth and laugh and cut up and kind of like Terry Bradshaw said when he saw us together, the whole thing, he said, 'well, when you two guys are together, it's like a couple of brothers, you know, laughing, cutting up and telling stories,'" Johnson said.

Never thought I'd read something like this. It seems like all is forgiven and the past is the past.

Not sure how I feel about Jimmy being a supposed advisor, because the game has probably evolved past him. BUT I think what should be really refreshing, to Jerry haters in particular, is that this is showing us that Jerry is actively seeking out input from others on what to do. He is not of the mindset that he can do it all. I never really viewed Jerry that way anyway, I feel like we have seen enough draft room footage to know that Jerry has a large group of people around giving input, but many feel like it's just all Jerry and it's his way or the highway, and everyone must check their opinions at the door to him. Right here we see that Jerry wants input from others.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#134 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:01 pm

Jerry is just trying to sell water to a whale. In this case the whale is Cowboy nation.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#135 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:00 pm

If Jimmy is really relaying a private convo between him and Jerry there, I don't think it's a case of Jerry trying to sell something to fans. I also don't think Jerry needs to sell anything to us, because it's not like we have a vote on anything. How we feel doesn't really matter unless we are talking ticket sales but we know the Cowboys are at no threat of losing ticket sales.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#136 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:56 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:If Jimmy is really relaying a private convo between him and Jerry there, I don't think it's a case of Jerry trying to sell something to fans. I also don't think Jerry needs to sell anything to us, because it's not like we have a vote on anything. How we feel doesn't really matter unless we are talking ticket sales but we know the Cowboys are at no threat of losing ticket sales.

Of course Jerry doesn't care about the fans or winning. He's a narcissist like Trump that only cares about financial bottom line and what he gets out of the deal.
I wonder if Jerry was listening to what Emmitt Smith had to say the other day. He was so spot on I was unable to add anything to his comments. But I fully expect the younger generation fans to eat up everything Jerry tells them and go along with it. Like the players, the fans are just as much pussies that are afraid to fight when it comes crunch time. Nothing will change in Big-D unless Jerry is held accountable for his part in 3 decades of failure.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#137 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:57 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:If Jimmy is really relaying a private convo between him and Jerry there, I don't think it's a case of Jerry trying to sell something to fans. I also don't think Jerry needs to sell anything to us, because it's not like we have a vote on anything. How we feel doesn't really matter unless we are talking ticket sales but we know the Cowboys are at no threat of losing ticket sales.

Of course Jerry doesn't care about the fans or winning. He's a narcissist like Trump that only cares about financial bottom line and what he gets out of the deal.
I wonder if Jerry was listening to what Emmitt Smith had to say the other day. He was so spot on I was unable to add anything to his comments. But I fully expect the younger generation fans to eat up everything Jerry tells them and go along with it. Like the players, the fans are just as much pussies that are afraid to fight when it comes crunch time. Nothing will change in Big-D unless Jerry is held accountable for his part in 3 decades of failure.

Winning and bottom-line go hand in hand, it's in his best interest to win either way.

I don't know what you think the fans can do to "fight" anything during "crunch time" lol. Are we supposed to raid Jerry's house or something? We know voicing discontent over the internet does nothing. So what are we left with exactly?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#138 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:16 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Winning and bottom-line go hand in hand, it's in his best interest to win either way.

I don't know what you think the fans can do to "fight" anything during "crunch time" lol. Are we supposed to raid Jerry's house or something? We know voicing discontent over the internet does nothing. So what are we left with exactly?

The only thing you can logically do is to not buy tickets or merchandise. If the product is poor, people won't renew their season tickets & morale will be low among the fanbase. That's when change typically occurs.

The Cowboys are one of the more successful franchises. By that I mean they win basically 11-12 games a season. So, it probably would take a couple of really poor seasons for a drastic change.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#139 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:27 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Of course Jerry doesn't care about the fans or winning. He's a narcissist like Trump that only cares about financial bottom line and what he gets out of the deal.

The only thing you can logically do is to not buy tickets or merchandise. If the product is poor, people won't renew their season tickets & morale will be low among the fanbase. That's when change typically occurs.

The Cowboys are one of the more successful franchises. By that I mean they win basically 11-12 games a season. So, it probably would take a couple of really poor seasons for a drastic change.

I think that is impossible for the Cowboys, they have the biggest fan base in all of sports. They could go 0-17 and it would do nothing.

I attend like 1 game every other year anyway. Tickets are expensive AF, and that is because the demand is sky high.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#140 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:31 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Winning and bottom-line go hand in hand, it's in his best interest to win either way.

I think that is impossible for the Cowboys, they have the biggest fan base in all of sports. They could go 0-17 and it would do nothing.

I attend like 1 game every other year anyway. Tickets are expensive AF, and that is because the demand is sky high.

Our biggest problem in Seattle was that in the last 5-6 years, Pete Caroll was just good enough to not get fired. The team was competitive but not a serious contender. Which ultimately held the team back.

Basically, I think Dallas' biggest issue at the moment is the team is too good to get anyone fired.

Return to Dallas Cowboys