Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#181 » by Mr B » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:30 pm

NickAndersonsBack25 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
And what does that have to do with the CBA giving Goodell the right to dispense punishment?

Go back and read up on the Brady case.

You might be right but I'm sure Jerry is going to find out for himself.

I never followed the underlying story very closely at all, and wasn't aware of those text messages. It should be interesting.

The problem to me is what happens if he fights it? Say he appeals and they reduce the suspension to 2 to 4 games. He misses some early season games.

On other hand, say he fights it. The league has very broad powers to discipline players. Perhaps the St. Patrick's Day incident could support a suspension..... Some federal courts move much quicker than the deflate gate courts.....then is Zeke suspended and out for meaningful playoff games?

They could ask the courts to allow him to play until the appeal is settled. The problem with that is what if this drags on all season and the appeal is resolved just before the playoffs. Would the suspension start with the first playoff game or would they allow the suspension to start at the beginning of next season?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#182 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:10 pm

Mr B wrote:
NickAndersonsBack25 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
You might be right but I'm sure Jerry is going to find out for himself.

I never followed the underlying story very closely at all, and wasn't aware of those text messages. It should be interesting.

The problem to me is what happens if he fights it? Say he appeals and they reduce the suspension to 2 to 4 games. He misses some early season games.

On other hand, say he fights it. The league has very broad powers to discipline players. Perhaps the St. Patrick's Day incident could support a suspension..... Some federal courts move much quicker than the deflate gate courts.....then is Zeke suspended and out for meaningful playoff games?

They could ask the courts to allow him to play until the appeal is settled. The problem with that is what if this drags on all season and the appeal is resolved just before the playoffs. Would the suspension start with the first playoff game or would they allow the suspension to start at the beginning of next season?

Using the Brady case as the benchmark, I'm making the assumption that the suspension would begin immediately. In Brady's case, the ruling was handed down during the off season so his became effective on Game 1.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,372

Post#183 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:21 am

From all the evidence and information that I have seen so far, the only thing Elliot is guilty of choosing the right women. When you professionally break down those test messages, well, everything you need to know is there if you catch my drift.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#184 » by Mr B » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:44 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:From all the evidence and information that I have seen so far, the only thing Elliot is guilty of choosing the right women. When you professionally break down those test messages, well, everything you need to know is there if you catch my drift.

The sad thing is that if you look at the broads he follows on instagram his choice in women is going to get him in trouble again at some point. That's why I say the Cowboys need to ride his guy like a rented mule over the next 4 years. Get everything you can out of him and then draft another one in 4 years.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#185 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:15 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:From all the evidence and information that I have seen so far, the only thing Elliot is guilty of choosing the right women. When you professionally break down those test messages, well, everything you need to know is there if you catch my drift.

The sad thing is that if you look at the broads he follows on instagram his choice in women is going to get him in trouble again at some point. That's why I say the Cowboys need to ride his guy like a rented mule over the next 4 years. Get everything you can out of him and then draft another one in 4 years.

I think I fully agree with you on this one. You and Otis do remember however that I was against drafting him in the first place. His behavior was so bad Joey Bosa even had to move out of the place they were renting in college. And molly is bad news.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#186 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:42 am

He would be well served listening to this dude... and listen closely.

Read on Twitter
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#187 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:48 am

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#188 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Mr B wrote:

Why wait that long? Lets see how this season shapes up. Why can't we trade Elliot at the end of the year to a **** team and get a top 3 pick in return and draft someone else. I knew this kid was trouble before we drafted him as I'm sure you remember. Despite the lack of current evidence at the moment regarding the Elliot matter which I currently all agree with you guys on, I still feel he is a Johnny Manziel in the making. He is troubled guy and lost soul at the moment in need of help. Deep down I believe he is a bit of a junkie out of control which started before he even came to Dallas.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#189 » by Mr B » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:44 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Why wait that long? Lets see how this season shapes up. Why can't we trade Elliot at the end of the year to a **** team and get a top 3 pick in return and draft someone else. I knew this kid was trouble before we drafted him as I'm sure you remember. Despite the lack of current evidence at the moment regarding the Elliot matter which I currently all agree with you guys on, I still feel he is a Johnny Manziel in the making. He is troubled guy and lost soul at the moment in need of help. Deep down I believe he is a bit of a junkie out of control which started before he even came to Dallas.

His value is severely diminished by this case. No way in hell the Cowboys could get a top 3 pick for him. His best value to the Cowboys is still as a player on this team.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#190 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:46 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

His value is severely diminished by this case. No way in hell the Cowboys could get a top 3 pick for him. His best value to the Cowboys is still as a player on this team.

Your assuming he stays out of trouble for the remainder of his stay here after this incident.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#191 » by Mr B » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:53 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Why wait that long? Lets see how this season shapes up. Why can't we trade Elliot at the end of the year to a **** team and get a top 3 pick in return and draft someone else. I knew this kid was trouble before we drafted him as I'm sure you remember. Despite the lack of current evidence at the moment regarding the Elliot matter which I currently all agree with you guys on, I still feel he is a Johnny Manziel in the making. He is troubled guy and lost soul at the moment in need of help. Deep down I believe he is a bit of a junkie out of control which started before he even came to Dallas.

Your assuming he stays out of trouble for the remainder of his stay here after this incident.

Actually I'm assuming he continues to be a dumbass which would continue to diminish his value to other teams. The Cowboys would get the most value out of him by running him into the ground every chance they can while he's eligible to be on the field.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#192 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:55 pm

I see your point. you win.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#193 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:04 am

Still not impressed with Moore. I hope Rush becomes the #2.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#194 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:27 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Still not impressed with Moore. I hope Rush becomes the #2.

I'm with you. And at some point, I hope Garrett and S. Jones feel the same way. I really don't want to expose Rush on the waiver wire.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#195 » by Mr B » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:09 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Still not impressed with Moore. I hope Rush becomes the #2.

I'm with you. And at some point, I hope Garrett and S. Jones feel the same way. I really don't want to expose Rush on the waiver wire.

He's Matt Moore. Hopefully they learned their lesson with the original Matt Moore.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#196 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:10 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

He's Matt Moore. Hopefully they learned their lesson with the original Matt Moore.

At this point, my $0.02 (as if they care) is to keep Rush and let Moore & McCown go through waivers. I don't see both of them being claimed. Start Rush the last PS game and confirm what they (and we) think we know. But they can't hide him anymore. He's been that good.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#197 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:32 pm

I'm also hoping Alfred Morris becomes the Rb till Elliot comes back. I see Mcfadden is up to his old habits when taking care of the football. He did that a few times 2 years ago and I don't like it a bit. I can see him losing two games for us that way. Fumbles way too much for my liking.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#198 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:27 pm

Greatness...

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#199 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:28 pm

And - I can name every one of them. Easily.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#200 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:57 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Greatness...

Is that Bob Lilly next to Aikman?

Return to Dallas Cowboys