Re: Jerry... Jerry... Jerry... 

Post#201 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:59 pm

And the "Curse of Jerry" rolls into its 27th year. :thumbsup: :gossip:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,372

Post#202 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:08 pm

Shake it up Jerry. Take the lead and become the story.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#203 » by linery88 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:02 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Shake it up Jerry. Take the lead and become the story.

Jerry gonna have to apologize to Dak now for the Cowboys twitter feed blaming it all on Dak?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#204 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:47 pm

Well, something is going on this morning. Jerry cancelled his usual Tuesday radio conference on 105.3. Nobody knows the reason why. We may get some drama by the end of the day :eyebrows: :gossip: :gossip:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#205 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:12 pm

linery88 wrote:

Jerry gonna have to apologize to Dak now for the Cowboys twitter feed blaming it all on Dak?

When the hell is Jerry and everyone else going to stop making excuses for Dak? After 7 years its getting silly. This year's team was the best team Dak has had around him in 7 years and still couldn't get it done. :gossip:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Post#206 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:40 pm

linery88 wrote:

Dak should be apologizing to Cowboys Twitter and the entire fanbase for losing that game. They have no reason to apologize to him.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#207 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:41 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Well, something is going on this morning. Jerry cancelled his usual Tuesday radio conference on 105.3. Nobody knows the reason why. We may get some drama by the end of the day :eyebrows: :gossip: :gossip:

I have a feeling he’s going to fire McCarthy. Especially if he’s able to get the price down for Sean Payton or if he thinks he’s going to lose Dan Quinn.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#208 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:44 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Well, something is going on this morning. Jerry cancelled his usual Tuesday radio conference on 105.3. Nobody knows the reason why. We may get some drama by the end of the day :eyebrows: :gossip: :gossip:

I have a feeling he’s going to fire McCarthy. Especially if he’s able to get the price down for Sean Payton or if he thinks he’s going to lose Dan Quinn.

What about Jerry's boy Kellen Moore? Jerry pretty much forced McCarthy to accept him when he was hired. And this point is the only point I will make In McCarthy's favor.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#209 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

What about Jerry's boy Kellen Moore? Jerry pretty much forced McCarthy to accept him when he was hired. And this point is the point I will make In McCarthy's favor.

He’s not the guy Jerry wants as his HC. He has long coveted Payton and now that he’s available I could see it happening (if the price drops). If the price doesn’t drop I could see a scenario where McCarthy is brought back for 1 more season and then next off season Jerry finally gets Sean Payton.

Jerry has also been enamored with Dan Quinn. If he doesn’t pursue Payton Dan Quinn is likely his guy. I think Moore will get offered one of the open jobs. I could see him in Arizona working with Kyler Murray (after Payton turns them down).
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#210 » by linery88 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:32 am

I want Quinn back as D.C. ,and Kellen Morre,or an upgrade to a known,good O.C.
McCarthy is staying.
Payton would be a perfect fit for us,but he is too smart to come here unless he runs the show like Jimmy did.
If that happens we become more disciplined,and more focused as a team.No more stupid costly penalties etc :banghead:
If Jerry promised Payton he would back off,and let Payton do his thing,we all win.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#211 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:39 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I have a feeling he’s going to fire McCarthy. Especially if he’s able to get the price down for Sean Payton or if he thinks he’s going to lose Dan Quinn.

What about Jerry's boy Kellen Moore? Jerry pretty much forced McCarthy to accept him when he was hired. And this point is the point I will make In McCarthy's favor.

He’s not the guy Jerry wants as his HC. He has long coveted Payton and now that he’s available I could see it happening (if the price drops). If the price doesn’t drop I could see a scenario where McCarthy is brought back for 1 more season and then next off season Jerry finally gets Sean Payton.

Jerry has also been enamored with Dan Quinn. If he doesn’t pursue Payton Dan Quinn is likely his guy. I think Moore will get offered one of the open jobs. I could see him in Arizona working with Kyler Murray (after Payton turns them down).

I guess I didn't make myself clear. I wasn't trying to promote Kellen Moore at all for head coach. Was wondering if you think we need to make a change there because I certainly do.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#212 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:19 pm

I would hope we all agree the Cowboys need to move on from Kellen Moore... what exactly has he done in the last 4 years that dictates his continued employment here?
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,211

Post#213 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:00 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:I would hope we all agree the Cowboys need to move on from Kellen Moore... what exactly has he done in the last 4 years that dictates his continued employment here?

Agreed. He did have one bright spot vs Tampa Bay. That offense plan was masterful and it actually had my hopes up that the coaches were hyper focused. It's too bad he couldn't replicate that vs SF which was an offensive disaster.

McCarthy was a disaster vs SF too. There were two calls in particular he made that had my jaw on the ground.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,211

Post#214 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:05 pm

I think coaches are starting to slowly figure out that going for it on 4th down is a much better risk-reward % than previously understood.

Kind of like how NBA coaches finally figured that out with shooting 3-pointers and now the league is just 3-ball.

I thought that McCarthy was on board, we have gone for it on 4th throughout the season. But for whatever reason he did not pull the trigger on that vs SF. The late 4th Q call to punt was a no brainer. You don't punt there and any kid playing Madden has a grasp on that.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#215 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:38 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:What about Jerry's boy Kellen Moore? Jerry pretty much forced McCarthy to accept him when he was hired. And this point is the point I will make In McCarthy's favor.

I guess I didn't make myself clear. I wasn't trying to promote Kellen Moore at all for head coach. Was wondering if you think we need to make a change there because I certainly do.

I would love to make a change at OC. Best case scenario is Carolina offers him their HC position.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#216 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:56 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I have a feeling he’s going to fire McCarthy. Especially if he’s able to get the price down for Sean Payton or if he thinks he’s going to lose Dan Quinn.

In the end I think it's going to be Dan Quinn as the next head coach of the Cowboys. Jerry will never give up the power Sean Payton will require to take over the fort, and giving up our first round for him pick doesn't make any sense with our current needs. Plus I've been reviewing the cap and the contracts the past few days,(thanks to Mr. b and Otis) and this team is going to have to make some tough decisions. Elliott and Tyrone Smith are on top of my list at the moment.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#217 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:56 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:What about Jerry's boy Kellen Moore? Jerry pretty much forced McCarthy to accept him when he was hired. And this point is the point I will make In McCarthy's favor.

In the end I think it's going to be Dan Quinn as the next head coach of the Cowboys. Jerry will never give up the power Sean Payton will require to take over the fort, and giving up our first round for him pick doesn't make any sense with our current needs. Plus I've been reviewing the cap and the contracts the past few days,(thanks to Mr. b and Otis) and this team is going to have to make some tough decisions. Elliott and Tyrone Smith are on top of my list at the moment.

There are a couple of other things they can do as well. They could extend Demarcus Lawrence contract. He’s older but finally healthy and played extremely well this season. An extension would allow him to retire a Cowboy and bring his cap hit down. I would say the same for Zack Martin and Tyron Smith. Smith would be the swing tackle for the remainder of his career, also allows him to retire a Cowboy. Zeke is gone.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#218 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:03 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:He’s not the guy Jerry wants as his HC. He has long coveted Payton and now that he’s available I could see it happening (if the price drops). If the price doesn’t drop I could see a scenario where McCarthy is brought back for 1 more season and then next off season Jerry finally gets Sean Payton.

There are a couple of other things they can do as well. They could extend Demarcus Lawrence contract. He’s older but finally healthy and played extremely well this season. An extension would allow him to retire a Cowboy and bring his cap hit down. I would say the same for Zack Martin and Tyron Smith. Smith would be the swing tackle for the remainder of his career, also allows him to retire a Cowboy. Zeke is gone.

Agree with Lawrence and Zack Martin. I wanted to get rid of Zeke two years ago so I agree with you also on that. Unless Tyron Smith take a huge pay cut, let him go. For what he gets paid we can draft or get a couple nice O-Linemen and get younger.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#219 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:05 pm

Mr B wrote:
linery88 wrote:

Dak should be apologizing to Cowboys Twitter and the entire fanbase for losing that game. They have no reason to apologize to him.

Not only that. He should offer to take a pay cut so we can put better players around him for another year unfortunately.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#220 » by linery88 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:08 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
linery88 wrote:

Not only that. He should offer to take a pay cut so we can put better players around him for another year unfortunately.

If Jerry or who/whatever did apologize,it would be in private.
Jerry owes us an apology as well lol.
While it is true his piks cost us points both for,and against,never seen that before where it goes public to blame an individual for a loss.
I also think our kicker missing 4 p.a.ts didnt help the teams psyche going into SF.

Return to Dallas Cowboys