ImageImageImageImage

Are The Cowboy's Doomed This Season?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,372

Are The Cowboy's Doomed This Season? 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:01 am

I guess at the end of last year we all got our hopes too high for this year. For about the 7th or 8th year in a row now, the injury bug has slammed us to no end. But to me it goes even farther than that. The same issues we have all discussed, bantered and gotten in to it with each other is still going on.
#1- Jason Garrett is no coach, game manager and I've had enough of his lack of adjustments at halftime. I've been bitching about this for over 3 years now along with no dominating DT.
#2- Where is that great O-line and depth we supposedly now have? The damn Cardinals still made the playoffs last year with a ton of injuries and a 3ird string QB. We can't even beat a scrub team that has returned back to the Aint's.
#3- Weeden needs to go. We al said that last year. He throws a real nice ball, is fully capable of throwing deep balls, instead he throws 2 yard passes regardless of down and distance for a lifetime of 3 and outs. I'm sure much of it is also game planning which is solely on the coaching staff, but I don't believe Weeden has it up stair in the head. Despite having all the physical tools, he lacks in the mental and all the other intangibles. I feel being the big cheese is way too big for him.
#4, the running back situation is a disaster. You guys know the old saying, when you have 2 QB's, you have 0 when you don't go with one guy. I feel the same in this situation as well. We have to go with one and stick with him. And from what I see so far, its definitely not McFadden. Jerry and his unhealthy man crushes on Arkansa RB's. I've personally had enough of it.
#5- Even though we have done so much better in the draft the past 2 years and got rid of many lousy contracts, we still don't or had enough cash to put more and better depth on both sides of the ball. We are still recovering from the bad Salary cap situation from a couple years ago and we all know who to blame for that.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Re: Are The Cowboy's Doomed This Season? 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Well, the defense is supposedly healthy the past 2 weeks. We have everyone now. Why the hell is everyone still running the ball down our throats? Is it because we still have NO DT? Looks like Jerry brought in another cancer, Hardy. Hope all you guys that were happy with the draft are happy now. We would have been better off drafting another TE for Christ sake.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:15 pm

At this point, I would say the possibility of another Garrett 8-8 looks promising for Jerry.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
ncmalko1
Junior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by ncmalko1 » Tue Nov 3, 2015 4:46 am

#6 Where is Cole Beasleys 800 to 1000 yards and 8 to 10 TD's you were predicting?

All Ive seen over the last 3 weeks is ZERO catches, ZERO yards and a game losing fumble.

But in all honesty I think Dallas is going to win the division once Romo comes back. They are a game out. They have no comp in the division but they could desperately use an upgrade at the #3 WR like Ive been saying all along.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Nov 6, 2015 2:45 am

Go back and read the WHOLE POST you moron. I said barring injury. And since we are a mash unit once again and out 2 best players have been out for weeks now. What would you expect you **** mo mo? As usual your bring nothing to the table but trolling and drama.
ncmalko1
Junior

Post#6 » by ncmalko1 » Sat Nov 7, 2015 4:49 am

Im trolling by saying I think the Cowboys are still going to win the division?

Im a moron for saying a player that has 200 yards 1/2 way threw the season and ZERO catches in the last 3 weeks and a game losing fumble needs to be upgraded while you said he's putting up 1000 yards and 10 TD's... and Im the moron. GOTCHA!
ncmalko1
Junior

Post#7 » by ncmalko1 » Sat Nov 7, 2015 4:51 am

And yes... you said Beasley will put up 1000 yards and 10 TD's if he doesnt get hurt. And guess what, he hasnt got hurt.
Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Post#8 » by Schmoopy1000 » Mon Nov 9, 2015 2:45 am

none of the WRs have any good stats since Romo went down. So malko you kinda bring up a weak point of view.
ncmalko1
Junior

Post#9 » by ncmalko1 » Mon Nov 9, 2015 5:56 am

Well I have to admit... Beasley sure shut me up this week Schmoop.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 9, 2015 5:49 pm

ncmalko1 wrote:And yes... you said Beasley will put up 1000 yards and 10 TD's if he doesnt get hurt. And guess what, he hasnt got hurt.
Malko you ****, I did not post that. Go back and read the post. Its in here somewhere for you and everyone else to look up. Once again, I said that barring injuries, Cole would get 6-8 T.D's this year. Now you are saying I said 10 T.D.'s and 1000 yards. That's the drama and bull crap everyone here and the hoop all hate about you. But its your usual Mo and you are mentally ill, so I rather expect nothing less from you.
I wanted to say this 4 weeks ago but refrained from saying it. But now its time now that the whole organization is in its usual tail spin. We are doomed for this season, its over and do we have some work to do to get ready for next season, wow.
ncmalko1
Junior

Post#11 » by ncmalko1 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:38 am

You didnt say 6-8 TD's, you said 8+ TDs...

That's hardly a bold prediction on your part, lol. And I don't seek your approval or expect you to ever agree with anything I post. Dez will draw a lot of attention and the Cowboys will pass more this year. Cole Beasly will have 8 + T.D.'s this year.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#12 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:29 pm

Well - Beastly is right now on Twitter crying about the dirty, mean media. He started about 15 minutes after the final gun.

The dude seriously needs to shut the hell up. He looks like an idiot.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#13 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:22 pm

ncmalko1 wrote:You didnt say 6-8 TD's, you said 8+ TDs...

That's hardly a bold prediction on your part, lol. And I don't seek your approval or expect you to ever agree with anything I post. Dez will draw a lot of attention and the Cowboys will pass more this year. Cole Beasly will have 8 + T.D.'s this year.

Ahh, LMAO once again. So you did go back and you did remember what I posted. And I did say barring injuries, Beasley would get 8+ touchdowns if all went well. So how did YOU twist that into 10T.D.'s and 1000 yards? I call it trolling, being a drama queen along with lack of objectivity and just plain and total hatred.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 5, 2016 12:06 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Well, the defense is supposedly healthy the past 2 weeks. We have everyone now. Why the hell is everyone still running the ball down our throats? Is it because we still have NO DT? Looks like Jerry brought in another cancer, Hardy. Hope all you guys that were happy with the draft are happy now. We would have been better off drafting another TE for Christ sake.

Its now year 4 of the same problem I brought up back in October. I wonder how many of the guys at the hoop and those that were at Disney with us before hand would still disagree with me now. If you all remember correctly, I was all in 3 years ago in blowing up the team and doing a total rebuild. I'm not laughing about it, but I guess I should. Its just too painful as a lifelong Cowboy fan to admit we still need to do the same :wavefinger: thing.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:11 pm

And they are doomed next year, the following year and the year after that. its like the Jerry Jones energizer bunny. Junkie after junkie, thug after thug, etc,. Domestic violence this, under wear man that, Hell, this is a perfect fit for Johnny Manziel. He has players to support him here, on and off the field.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Post#16 » by Mr B » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:15 pm

I think we need to see how FA and the draft go before writing them off already. I agree that they need a huge run stopping 1-tech DT in the middle of the line. We all know they won't draft one in the 1st but if they can draft one in the 2nd they will immediately be a little better on defense. We also need to see what they do at MLB and if they can find another pass rusher in FA.

If they can do all that they won't be doomed. Making those moves will make them better than 4-12. Oh yea and if Romo stays healthy or if they get a quality veteran backup QB.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:56 pm

No way. With this crap going on with Gregory now, are we going keep Hardy now? Perhaps McClain. We have only ONE PLAYER ON DEFENSE, AND I MEAN ONLY ONE PLAYER ON DEFENSE NOW. And he can only stay health half a season. This defense is totally doomed unless the whole draft goes to the defense. JMHO, but so far I have been spot on now for 4 years running. :noway:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:24 pm

Looks like we are going to start practice squad players on the D-line next year. Gregory suspended, Hardy gone hopefully, Mincy is a royal piece of garbage and now what's his name won't be ready for the start of next year because his off season surgery didn't go so well. Didn't want to mention his name for jinx purposes. So lets just draft a damn QB who is not the guy, and watch Romo and our back up QB's get crushed for 3 years while we are playing from behind all the time and taking 3 times the hits. Just peel back and go after the QB and hit the hell out of them because no matter what we will score vs. their defense. This defense going into next year looks like a defense that will give up 34 - 38 points a game. I can't see Romo staying healthy playing from behind all season, and I can't see any QB growing in this system in the same scenario.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Post#19 » by Mr B » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:38 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Looks like we are going to start practice squad players on the D-line next year. Gregory suspended, Hardy gone hopefully, Mincy is a royal piece of garbage and now what's his name won't be ready for the start of next year because his off season surgery didn't go so well. Didn't want to mention his name for jinx purposes. So lets just draft a damn QB who is not the guy, and watch Romo and our back up QB's get crushed for 3 years while we are playing from behind all the time and taking 3 times the hits. Just peel back and go after the QB and hit the hell out of them because no matter what we will score vs. their defense. This defense going into next year looks like a defense that will give up 34 - 38 points a game. I can't see Romo staying healthy playing from behind all season, and I can't see any QB growing in this system in the same scenario.

Or... We can draft all defensive players and keep Moore as our backup and watch this team go 5-12 once Romo gets hurt again. Then once Romo is retired in 2 years we can go back to the Chad Hutchinson and Drew Henson days!!! Can't wait!!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:03 pm

If both of us are being total fair minded and objective here, there's a horrendous scenario that could go against either one of our ways of thinking and drafting.

Return to Dallas Cowboys