Post#1 » by Fierce1 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:25 pm

Nobody watching?
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,212

Re: Eagles vs. Cowboys - Christmas Day 

Post#2 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:54 pm

I am.

Outside of that Dak pick-6 Dallas looks good.

No Hurts though so even if we win in not sure what it tells us. Winning it losing this game doesn't mean much playoff wise.

I guess at minimum it shows us we can score against that defense.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,854

Post#3 » by Fierce1 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:15 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I am.

Outside of that Dak pick-6 Dallas looks good.

No Hurts though so even if we win in not sure what it tells us. Winning it losing this game doesn't mean much playoff wise.

I guess at minimum it shows us we can score against that defense.

Not looking good in the 2nd half for the Cowboys.

But like you said, they're already in the playoffs, winning or losing this game doesn't really mean anything.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#4 » by Fierce1 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:34 pm

Boys come back from 10 down to tie the game in the 3rd.

Regardless of what happens in this game, I think the Cowboys showed enough to put them in contender status.

I won't be surprised if they reach the NFC title game.

Just not sure if they can reach the Super Bowl though.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#5 » by Fierce1 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:04 am

Multiple injuries for the Eagles in this game.

Starting right tackle goes down.

This could be a costly game for the Eagles.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#6 » by Fierce1 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:14 am

Cowboys finally get a break after last week's horrible loss to the Jags.

Dak needs to finish off the Eagles now.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#7 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:20 am

All up to the defense now
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#8 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:29 am

Big win in terms of confidence going forward
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#9 » by Fierce1 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:29 am

What a game!

It had to come down to the last pass from the Eagles QB.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#10 » by Fierce1 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:30 am

Cowboys will be fine.

All those unfortunate losses to the Packers and Jags will payoff in the long run.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#11 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:10 am

Fierce1 wrote:Cowboys will be fine.

All those unfortunate losses to the Packers and Jags will payoff in the long run.

Regardless of Hurts being out, Dallas just put up 40 points on arguably the best defense in the NFL. San Fran might be the best but this Philly defense is right there with them.

Monster game for CeeDee Lamb too. Hopefully this offense has learned that the pass has to go through Lamb. He is our guy, everyone else is secondary to him.

Dak played outstanding. If it wasn't for that pick-6 it would have been a near flawless game for him. In the playoffs he has to be error-free though. That pick-6 was costly. It's like he always plays at an elite level but then there are one or two costly mistakes. Just has to be error-free.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#12 » by Fierce1 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:49 am

Micah Prescott wrote:

Regardless of Hurts being out, Dallas just put up 40 points on arguably the best defense in the NFL. San Fran might be the best but this Philly defense is right there with them.

Monster game for CeeDee Lamb too. Hopefully this offense has learned that the pass has to go through Lamb. He is our guy, everyone else is secondary to him.

Dak played outstanding. If it wasn't for that pick-6 it would have been a near flawless game for him. In the playoffs he has to be error-free though. That pick-6 was costly. It's like he always plays at an elite level but then there are one or two costly mistakes. Just has to be error-free.

Agree on all your points.

If you think about it, if the Cowboys just held on to win against the Jags and Packers, the Cowboys would be the #1 seed right now.

I think the Cowboys just had some bad luck.

I really believe the NFC title game is a strong possibility this season.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#13 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:03 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

If you think about it, if the Cowboys just held on to win against the Jags and Packers, the Cowboys would be the #1 seed right now.

The only team I think we lose to is San Fran now. I think we can beat Philly w/Hurts. Although they are definitely capable of beating us too. Whoever has the least mistakes.

Hopefully we can avoid San Fran or Philly until the NFC Championship, that would be very exciting.

If we did happen to sneak into the Super Bowl I think we win that. We already beat the Bengals, it's just the Bills that might be an issue.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Post#14 » by Mr B » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:08 am

Cowboys defense made plays when it needed to but overall the defense did not play well. The good thing is that the Eagles “vaunted” defense played worse than the Cowboys defense. Dak had 1 huge mistake in the beginning of the game but other than that he continued to make the Eagles his bitch.

As far as the standings go this game doesn’t mean much but it does put doubt in the Eagles minds. It reminds them that in a division game anything can happen. The Cowboys will have to play the Eagles a third time in Round 2 if they make it that far.

Kellen Moore continues to show that he’s overrated as hell. Once again he had a chance to ice the game with 3 min left. All he had to do was run the ball but for some reason he chose to call passing plays again and almost cost the Cowboys the game.

I won’t apologize for a win but they did not play their best and could have easily lost this game.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#15 » by linery88 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:04 pm

Whether if they had lost would have meant nothing to me,even if Hurtz was healthy,and started.
I feel good about how TY Hilton did.Maybe he can replace Beckham-lol.Dont feel good about the defense at all.They are missing too many key guys,and havent made up for the lack of depth.
We need the same lineup we had against minny to get far.As it is I think we win one playoff road game barely,or lose it barely.If we do win in Tampa then we lose the next one.Eventually TB-TBay is going to figure things out like aka Houston/Jags did against us.
The O.C. has no clue about how to close out the last 2 games.Luckily we won this one.It makes me wonder if anybody is in his ear with some of his late game play calls."Go big Kellen..Go big."
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#16 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:54 pm

Spent pretty much the entire 3rd Quarter grumbling about the defense not getting off the field on 3rd down and how it was going to kill us. Then 3rd & 30 came along and killed the Eagles. That and the play of the game by Biadasz.

It was a wild game. Happy to pull it out. The ride continues. Let’s see where it leads, gentlemen.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#17 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:10 pm

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,372

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:12 pm

Fierce1 wrote:Nobody watching?

I watched every second of the game. Was away for 5 days and had no way to post this year. Always a great feeling beating the Egals, regardless of circumstances.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#19 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:16 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

There was no bad luck involved. Penalties, mistakes and bad coaching were the main reasons for their losses. All games we lost could have been winnable. Two losses were inexcusable.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:22 pm

Fierce1 wrote:Boys come back from 10 down to tie the game in the 3rd.

Regardless of what happens in this game, I think the Cowboys showed enough to put them in contender status.

I won't be surprised if they reach the NFC title game.

Just not sure if they can reach the Super Bowl though.

If we didn't have a turn over machine at QB I might agree with you.

Return to Dallas Cowboys