Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,372

Re: Sean Payton to Denver! 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:42 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Well....

Read on Twitter

Wasn't aware the Broncos had a number 1 to give up. Thought your team got that pick.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,512

Post#3 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:45 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Wasn't aware the Broncos had a number 1 to give up. Thought your team got that pick.

We own their pick. But they got Miami's 1st- Via SF (29th overall) for Bradley Chubb.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#4 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:47 pm

Read on Twitter

So they're giving up the 29th overall pick & next year's 2nd. Wow.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,210

Post#5 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:47 pm

Welp so much for that...
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:48 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Wasn't aware the Broncos had a number 1 to give up. Thought your team got that pick.

We own their pick. But they got Miami's 1st- Via SF (29th overall) for Bradley Chubb.

Desperate move by Denver. :rofl: :rofl: I bet Denver gave Payton the power to do his own thing however. Something Jerry will never give Payton. I was right what I posted two days ago. Dan Quinn will be the next head coach after McCarthy gets the boot after next season.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#7 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:52 pm

Read on Twitter
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#8 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:20 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Well....

Read on Twitter

Wow... didn't think he would be interested in having to deal with Russ.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#9 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:25 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Desperate move by Denver. :rofl: :rofl:

Read on Twitter
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:48 pm

One less massive shadow hanging over Mike McCarthy...

Now, only the one emanating from the Cowboys Defensive Coordinator chair in the booth remains.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:48 pm

If I'm a Broncos fan, I'm burning all jersey's, etc., before I have a heart attack.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Post#12 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:06 pm

So much for my Sean Payton to the Cowboys conspiracy theory. At least he went to the AFC. Looks like Dan Quinn will be the next Cowboys coach instead.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#13 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Feb 1, 2023 12:14 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:If I'm a Broncos fan, I'm burning all jersey's, etc., before I have a heart attack.

Russ' idol is Drew Brees. Now he has no excuse.

I think he'll certainly be better under Payton. But that defense will have to carry the load going forward.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#14 » by linery88 » Wed Feb 1, 2023 10:03 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Desperate move by Denver. :rofl: :rofl: I bet Denver gave Payton the power to do his own thing however. Something Jerry will never give Payton. I was right what I posted two days ago. Dan Quinn will be the next head coach after McCarthy gets the boot after next season.

Yeah,I said the same thing as well.I never thought for a second he would come here.He is too smart to come somewhere where an owner once told a coach who just won a SB that "Anyone can coach this team"
He will have reign in Denver,as he should,and if I am a Denver fan,i am celebrating.
Smart move by Denver,now Russ has to perform in that division.
Also good to let McCarthy handle as the O.C. unless they plan on hiring someone.McCarthy did do some good stuff with Rodgers.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Feb 6, 2023 9:58 pm

Dude had his own personal coaches and still played like that.

Payton is about to make Russ "uncomfortable".

Read on Twitter
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#16 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Feb 6, 2023 11:56 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Dude had his own personal coaches and still played like that.

More like the other way around. :wink:

Just wait till Payton learns of Russ' entourage.

He fully embraced the celebrity persona not long after he & Ciara tied the knot.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

The fact remains that he really hasn't played well since the first half of the 2020 season. He was awful the final two months of that season. Which as a result got Brian Schottenheimer fired. He truthfully has not been the same QB since.

It's also partly why they were so eager to move on from him.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Feb 7, 2023 4:00 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Dude had his own personal coaches and still played like that.

He fully embraced the celebrity persona not long after he & Ciara tied the knot.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

The fact remains that he really hasn't played well since the first half of the 2020 season. He was awful the final two months of that season. Which as a result got Brian Schottenheimer fired. He truthfully has not been the same QB since.

It's also partly why the Seahawks organization was so eager to move on from him.

Well - as Payton is from the Bill Parcells school of not tolerating a circus, I guess we'll find out pretty quick who is in charge. And - if Russ' head isn't so far up his exit port that he hasn't paid attention (very likely is though - I'll admit), he'll discover Payton will get the absolute best out of him. Whatever that is...
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Post#18 » by Mr B » Wed Feb 8, 2023 7:02 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

It's also partly why the Seahawks organization was so eager to move on from him.

Well - as Payton is from the Bill Parcells school of not tolerating a circus, I guess we'll find out pretty quick who is in charge. And - if Russ' head isn't so far up his exit port that he hasn't paid attention (very likely is though - I'll admit), he'll discover Payton will get the absolute best out of him. Whatever that is...

Sean Payton has already said no outside coaches are allowed. Russ may want to get a refund on his personal coaches.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#19 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Feb 8, 2023 8:00 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Well - as Payton is from the Bill Parcells school of not tolerating a circus, I guess we'll find out pretty quick who is in charge. And - if Russ' head isn't so far up his exit port that he hasn't paid attention (very likely is though - I'll admit), he'll discover Payton will get the absolute best out of him. Whatever that is...

Sean Payton has already said no outside coaches are allowed. Russ may want to get a refund on his personal coaches.

Russ has a whole crew of assistants working for him. Cooks, nanny's, trainers, etc. It's not gonna stop him from having his own personal QB coach. They may not be allowed in the building any longer. But he'll still have his own crew. That won't change.

Jake Heaps is a local here. He played high school ball in the area. Then went on to become the starting QB at BYU more than a decade or so ago. He became good friends with Russ & the two of them started working together. Russ hired him on a more full-time basis last year after the trade went down & Heaps followed him to Denver. So that's the story.

Russ also had a mental coach that he had a close relationship with that died a couple of years ago. So I think that's been part of a bigger issue for him.

Anyways, if you guys want to hear any more weird & interesting Wilson stories, I'd be more than happy to share. :wink:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Feb 8, 2023 8:40 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Well - as Payton is from the Bill Parcells school of not tolerating a circus, I guess we'll find out pretty quick who is in charge. And - if Russ' head isn't so far up his exit port that he hasn't paid attention (very likely is though - I'll admit), he'll discover Payton will get the absolute best out of him. Whatever that is...

Russ has a whole crew of assistants working for him. Cooks, nanny's, trainers, etc. It's not gonna stop him from having his own personal QB coach. They may not be allowed in the building any longer. But he'll still have his own crew. That won't change.

Jake Heaps is a local here. He played high school ball in the area. Then went on to become the starting QB at BYU more than a decade or so ago. He became good friends with Russ & the two of them started working together. Russ hired him on a more full-time basis last year after the trade went down & Heaps followed him to Denver. So that's the story.

Russ also had a mental coach that he had a close relationship with that died a couple of years ago. So I think that's been part of a bigger issue for him.

Anyways, if you guys want to hear any more weird & interesting Wilson stories, I'd be more than happy to share. :wink:

Thanks... glad he's a headache for the Broncos. As a longtime adversary of that franchise and their fans, I root for their continued misery.

Return to Dallas Cowboys