ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Critt vs Farmar debute

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Gerald3Wallace
Assistant Coach
And1: 99

Post#41 » by Gerald3Wallace » Sun Jan 6, 2008 1:20 am

Garcia3

i dont know why you laughing so much up there...when stars statement can be weird but it may also be a fact..its nothing to laugh about..

And i also dont know why you laughed when he said critt has better D..when in fact, Critt DOES have better D.
ChocolateThundr
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#42 » by ChocolateThundr » Sun Jan 6, 2008 1:36 am

Agreed G3W. Especially I really think Javaris can be better than "17-20 points with 8 ast" player.
garcia3
Starter
And1: 9

Post#43 » by garcia3 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 1:36 am

i'm sorry man, i don't usually make fun of anybody but Star's threads/post are just too funny, even tears came out of my eyes as hard as i was laughing
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24

Post#44 » by kno » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:06 am

Comeon guys, really?

Critt will average more than 20/8?

Lets see, lets say 22/9, one more FG and one more assist.

Do you realize that over the past 7 years, only ONE player was able to average 22/9 on the whole season?

That ONE player was Gary Payton, in the 01/02 season (who just reached the mark with 22.1ppg and 9.0 apg).

You guys are simply ridiculous if you thing Critt will ever be averaging those types of numbers.

Dont get me wrong, i'd be the first to praise the guy if he does average that, but its simply ridiculous if you realistically believe its achievable.

Its crazy.
J Rob
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#45 » by J Rob » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:57 am

Gerald3Wallace wrote:farmar--13/3/4
critt--15/4/5
kobe--22/6/7
??
bynum--20/12/3blk

I actually would like to see Phil experiment with this type of lineup.

For whatever reason, Kobe seems to play his best basketball at the SF position.

Not to mention, that lineup would be able to run all day.
ChocolateThundr
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#46 » by ChocolateThundr » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:00 am

Trixx wrote:Comeon guys, really?

Critt will average more than 20/8?

Lets see, lets say 22/9, one more FG and one more assist.

Do you realize that over the past 7 years, only ONE player was able to average 22/9 on the whole season?

That ONE player was Gary Payton, in the 01/02 season (who just reached the mark with 22.1ppg and 9.0 apg).

You guys are simply ridiculous if you thing Critt will ever be averaging those types of numbers.

Dont get me wrong, i'd be the first to praise the guy if he does average that, but its simply ridiculous if you realistically believe its achievable.

Its crazy.

I didnt mean better as in more. My ideal stat for JC is 17/10 (which I admit it is ideallistic, but I think he definately has the capabilities to do it)

19/12 I dream
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by kno » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:02 am

J Rob wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I actually would like to see Phil experiment with this type of lineup.

For whatever reason, Kobe seems to play his best basketball at the SF position.

Not to mention, that lineup would be able to run all day.

SFs are generally larger, and in return, slower.

The reason Bryant looks better at SF is because he tends to drive to the basket more, which makes him and his teammates much more effective.

Maybe because of the opposition he faces at SF (with smaller, quicker opposing guards having to guard Sasha and Farmar or whatever the backcourt is), he feels more comfortable driving to the hole. This not only gets Bryant open looks, but forces defenders to respect the perimeter game the two other Laker guards bring to the table.
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#48 » by chefy » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:03 am

ChocolateThundr wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I didnt mean better as in more. My ideal stat for JC is 17/10 (which I admit it is ideallistic, but I think he definately has the capabilities to do it)

19/12 I dream

I think he can be a 19 10 guy but not with the lakers,,
I dont think he can reach his maximum potential playing hir
J Rob
Sixth Man

Post#49 » by J Rob » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:37 am

Trixx wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

SFs are generally larger, and in return, slower.

The reason Bryant looks better at SF is because he tends to drive to the basket more, which makes him and his teammates much more effective.

Maybe because of the opposition he faces at SF (with smaller, quicker opposing guards having to guard Sasha and Farmar or whatever the backcourt is), he feels more comfortable driving to the hole. This not only gets Bryant open looks, but forces defenders to respect the perimeter game the two other Laker guards bring to the table.

I agree with the logic which is why I'd like to see more of it.

Kobe is such a better distributor at the three, whereas at the shooting guard position, he seems to take "shooting" entirely literal and jacks up some ridiculous shots.

With two lightning quick guards in the backcourt, one of whom is lights out from 3, Kobe could do some serious damage through the passing game.

I think the only way to make this concept work is to get the elusive "defensive power forward" we always seem to talk about.

At this point I'd take Gasol or Haslem for their manageable contracts.

Of course, I don't have any idea how we'd get either of those players :-?
tkb
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 198

Post#50 » by tkb » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:39 am

J Rob wrote:I agree with the logic which is why I'd like to see more of it.

Kobe is such a better distributor at the three: with two lightning quick guards in the backcourt, one of whom is lights out from 3, Kobe could do some serious damage through the passing game.

I think the only way to make this concept work is to get the elusive "defensive power forward" we always seem to talk about.

At this point I'd take Gasol or Haslem for their manageable contracts.

Of course, I don't have any idea how we'd get either of those players :-?

I generally think Kobe plays his best at the 3, but at the same time he does average more assists per minute at the 2.
J Rob
Sixth Man

Post#51 » by J Rob » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:49 am

tkb wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
I generally think Kobe plays his best at the 3, but at the same time he does average more assists per minute at the 2.

Interesting. I obviously didn't check the stats but from a general viewing perspective he seems to move the ball so much better at the SF postion.

As Trixx eluded to, he can break the defense down, get into the paint, and create.

This is of course as opposed to isolating himself against another guard and trying to rise up and shoot over him.
Gerald3Wallace
Assistant Coach

Post#52 » by Gerald3Wallace » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:21 am

critt reminds me of marbury..but quicker and better D. and i also think critt in can average close to what marbury did in his prime

19-20pts and 7-8ast...i dont think he would do10-12 dimes like some of you are saying, but i would love that.
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by kno » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:22 am

Yeah, I havent looked at stats either, but Kobe not only seems happier, but also more effective at the 3 spot.

I dont have anything but my eyes to back that statement up though. lol.

The game actually has a flow to it with two smaller guards behind Bryant. He doesnt stand around and play the iso game (which tends to decide the outcome of the game way too often, and its not a good thing).

Driving opens up so many opportunites not available by jacking up impossible (a term I dont think I should be using in regards to Bryant's shooting. lol) 27 footers.

I dunno, The whole team seems to me better off with two guards behind Bryant.
Mindflayer
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#54 » by Mindflayer » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:25 am

LakerFanSince84 wrote:It's not like Farmar is a veteran, Critt is younger by a year or two.

I think as he becomes more mature, he'll learn that a few of his flashy moves are unnecessary. But I will say this....If the lakers do trade Critt, all you farmar supports will eventually regret it. if Critt is traded, depending on what is

Really? Actually, Critt is 7.5 months younger than Farmar but 2 months older than Bynum. I don't know you or your posts since I've been here but we're you one of the ones willing to ship Bynum out for JO?

I love the Critt pick and think he may be one of the steals of the draft but I would trade him or Farmer if that was the only thing standing in the way of Kidd or JO. Let the other team decide who to take. I think Farmer>Critt now and for the future. But who cares, both of these guys are talented and will be viable NBA players.
tkb
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 198

Post#55 » by tkb » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:27 am

Kobe is a total beast as far as scoring the ball at the 3 though. This season he averages (all numbers are per 48 minutes) 41.3 points, 7.9 rebounds and 6.0 assists at the 3 compared to 34.2 points, 8.0 rebounds and 6.5 assists at the 2.

His eFG% is also way higher at the 3 despite the higher volume (57.7% compared to 46.9% at the 2), and he turns the ball over a bit less there (4.4 per 48 at the 2 and 3.5 at the 3).

Assists numbers don't paint the whole picture though. The reason he gets more assists at the 2 might be because he also has the ball more in his hands there and more of the offense is ran through him on the perimeter.
Gerald3Wallace
Assistant Coach

Post#56 » by Gerald3Wallace » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:43 am

Mindflayer wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Really? Actually, Critt is 7.5 months younger than Farmar but 2 months younger than Bynum. I don't know you or your posts since I've been here but we're you one of the ones willing to ship Bynum out for JO?

:D
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by kno » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:51 am

tkb wrote:Kobe is a total beast as far as scoring the ball at the 3 though. This season he averages (all numbers are per 48 minutes) 41.3 points, 7.9 rebounds and 6.0 assists at the 3 compared to 34.2 points, 8.0 rebounds and 6.5 assists at the 2.

His eFG% is also way higher at the 3 despite the higher volume (57.7% compared to 46.9% at the 2), and he turns the ball over a bit less there (4.4 per 48 at the 2 and 3.5 at the 3).

Assists numbers don't paint the whole picture though. The reason he gets more assists at the 2 might be because he also has the ball more in his hands there and more of the offense is ran through him on the perimeter.

Yeah, a .5 assist difference is nothing, especially when the numbers are per48, which isnt a reliable measuring tool.

Bottomline: Keep Bryant at the 3. Its a win-win. Not only does the bombing of 3s stop (or, slow down dramatically to good shots), but it also opens up and gets the rest of the offense involved.
Mindflayer
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#58 » by Mindflayer » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:51 am

Gerald3Wallace wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:D

Actually Critt is 3.5 months older than Bynum. Where are you getting the younger from?
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,835

Post#59 » by TyCobb » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:51 am

Could he mean dispute?
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by kno » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:52 am

TyCobb wrote:Could he mean dispute?

I actually thought he meant debate.

:lol:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers