Its Compliance Buyout Time

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Its Compliance Buyout Time 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:25 pm

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/countdown-to-nhl-buyout-season-what-we-know/

The window for the NHL’s amnesty buyouts is set to open Wednesday at 11 p.m. ET (48 hours from the Stanley Cup clinching) and will slam shut — until next summer — at 5 p.m. ET on July 4, the eve of free agency.

Each team has been granted two compliance buyouts to use either this summer or next, a clause embedded in the new CBA to provide some previously spend-silly GMs with a mulligan. Or two. Some teams have already stated their intentions publicly; others are remaining tight-lipped and will work the trade phones until they’re left with no other options.

In order to be bought out, the player must not be injured, however. He must also pass through waivers, although that is more a matter of formality since no one is jumping to pay Ilya Bryzgalov what the 2011 Flyers are.

Who we know is gone for sure:
Tomas Kaberle
Ilya Bryzgalov
Danny Briere

Rumored to be gone:
Keith Ballard
Eric Cole
Mike Komisarek
Vincent Lecavalier
Brad Richards
Rick DiPietro
Anton Volchenkov
Ed Jovanovski
Ville Leino
and so on
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Re: Its Compliance Buyout Time 

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:45 am

God I hope the Wings use it wisely. Samuelsson should be gone (and should never have been signed really) and I would love to unload Bertuzzi as well. Rumors abound that we are thinking about using it on Colaiacovo or Tootoo. I would personally strongly consider Franzen but Kenny has already said no way

And DiPietro has to be a sure thing, right?
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#3 » by Nolan » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:36 am

ajaX82 wrote:God I hope the Wings use it wisely. Samuelsson should be gone (and should never have been signed really) and I would love to unload Bertuzzi as well. Rumors abound that we are thinking about using it on Colaiacovo or Tootoo. I would personally strongly consider Franzen but Kenny has already said no way

And DiPietro has to be a sure thing, right?

Don't think they can buyout Samuelsson because he's injured.

DiPietro should be a sure thing but who knows. Horcoff should of been a sure thing for the buyout but apparently that's not happening.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#4 » by ajaX82 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:45 pm

Vinny gets to be the lucky first. Congrats

Return to The General NHL Board