Instant Reaction: What Do The Bulls Do This Off-Season?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,655

Re: Instant Reaction: What Do The Bulls Do This Off-Season? 

Post#41 » by NYG » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:37 am

D'Angelo Russell, Austin Reaves, Gabe Vincent, Jarred Vanderbilt, Jalen Hood-Schifino and 2029 Unprotected Lakers First Round Draft Pick for Nikola Vucevic, Alex Caruso and DeMar DeRozan (sign and trade)

Vuc/AD/LeBron/DeMar/Caruso
meatwad4343
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#42 » by meatwad4343 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:28 am

The problem is lavine has negative value and the bulls front office is convinced he is an asset. But they need to blow it up
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,103

Post#43 » by Residual-Heat » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:09 am

NYG wrote:I know it's not the perfect fit, but I think Orlando needs a veteran more than a rookie right now.

Caruso for 18th Overall?

IDK how to feel about this. I love Caruso. If the Magic didnt have Suggs and Black I would be all for this, but Caruso isnt exactly what they need. They need a guard that can create for himself and others. I think the value is fair though.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,398

Post#44 » by coldfish » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:59 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Since the topic is what do the Bulls do, not what should they do:
Trade Caruso after all, possibly half a season too late. (Draft night, or probably 2-3 days before draft because why wait when you are late...). Then draft a new forward. Then let Williams walk, surprising some, but getting back a 2nd in a S&T. Then when everyone starts to think this is a good tank set up, re-sign DD. Sign a random vet for what, the tax MLE? And get ready to pop the 11th best champagne.

I highly doubt they trade Caruso. They love him. Reportedly they turned down an offer of two 1sts for him this year (which is nuts).

They also want DD back. They have already made an offer of 2/80.

The money here says they need to dump Lavine. IMO, they probably will and just take back several bad contracts while saving a smidge of money to stay under the tax barrier.

Overall, tough time to be a Bulls fan. The organization has no interest in being truly competitive in either the short or long term. Their goal is to be 0.500 and keep enough fan interest to continue leading the league in attendance.
NYG
RealGM

Post#45 » by NYG » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:27 pm

coldfish wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:Since the topic is what do the Bulls do, not what should they do:
Trade Caruso after all, possibly half a season too late. (Draft night, or probably 2-3 days before draft because why wait when you are late...). Then draft a new forward. Then let Williams walk, surprising some, but getting back a 2nd in a S&T. Then when everyone starts to think this is a good tank set up, re-sign DD. Sign a random vet for what, the tax MLE? And get ready to pop the 11th best champagne.

I highly doubt they trade Caruso. They love him. Reportedly they turned down an offer of two 1sts for him this year (which is nuts).

The money here says they need to dump Lavine. IMO, they probably will and just take back several bad contracts while saving a smidge of money to stay under the tax barrier.

Overall, tough time to be a Bulls fan. The organization has no interest in being truly competitive in either the short or long term. Their goal is to be 0.500 and keep enough fan interest to continue leading the league in attendance.

I don't see any team having interest in LaVine right now. I think you would need to run it back and hope he stays healthy/increases his value.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,398

Post#46 » by coldfish » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:52 pm

NYG wrote:
coldfish wrote:

I don't see any team having interest in LaVine right now. I think you would need to run it back and hope he stays healthy/increases his value.

I think you underestimate just how awful the Bulls management is. Wouldn't be surprised if they send multiple 1sts just to get rid of him while also giving UFA Demar a big contract at age 35.

The logical thing to do is to let Demar walk and bring back Lavine in hopes of rehabilitating his image. The Bulls don't do logical.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 822

Post#47 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:24 pm

If the Bulls would do John Collins and Jordan Clarkson for Zach LaVine, I would be ridiculously happy.
NYG
RealGM

Post#48 » by NYG » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:31 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:If the Bulls would do John Collins and Jordan Clarkson for Zach LaVine, I would be ridiculously happy.

Would both sides do it?

Return to Trades and Transactions