Jimmy Butler to Philly.... or is it Donovan Mitchell to Miami?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

louc1970
Senior
And1: 180

Re: Jimmy Butler to Philly.... or is it Donovan Mitchell to Miami? 

Post#21 » by louc1970 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:47 pm

toooskies wrote:
louc1970 wrote:
toooskies wrote:Mitchell says no. Miami isn't on his destination list if they trade one of Butler or Bam.

Mitchell's destination is one that has multiple years of great opportunity to win the championship. Everyone wants to say NYK/Brooklyn. Yes playing at home would be nice but winning is much more important.

I mean, that's my point. Miami simply doesn't have multiple years of great opportunity to win the championship. Playoff Jimmy is like 75% of the reason people consider Miami a contender even though their talent level has taken them to the play-in two years in a row.

Butler did not have a great year. And as usual Miami is hurt.
I feel Miami with Mitchell is better than Cleveland today.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,546

Post#22 » by BK_2020 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:52 pm

louc1970 wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:
louc1970 wrote:Mitchell's destination is one that has multiple years of great opportunity to win the championship. Everyone wants to say NYK/Brooklyn. Yes playing at home would be nice but winning is much more important.

Ok then why is he going to Miami

Because a team of Adebayo, Jaquez, Herro, Robinson, Mitchell, a solid PF is a good group that can win.

I think Cleveland is a great place to stay but only if Garland is traded for a good shooting SF.

I don’t see either NY team being there.

A team of Adebayo, Jaquez, Herro, Robinson, Butler was a play-in team.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 180

Post#23 » by louc1970 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:58 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
louc1970 wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:Ok then why is he going to Miami

Because a team of Adebayo, Jaquez, Herro, Robinson, Mitchell, a solid PF is a good group that can win.

I think Cleveland is a great place to stay but only if Garland is traded for a good shooting SF.

I don’t see either NY team being there.

A team of Adebayo, Jaquez, Herro, Robinson, Butler was a play-in team.

Exactly. Mitchell is much better than Butler.

Return to Trades and Transactions