Redd to the Clippers

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Redd to the Clippers 

Post#1 » by loflin3hree5ive » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:16 pm

Clippers Get:
Michael Redd
Charlie Vilanueva

Bucks Get:
Corey Maggette
Al Thornton
Sam Cassell
Top 5 Protected 1st Round Pick

Adding Redd adds incentive for Brand to stay with the Clippers and adds a consistent perimeter threat the Clippers have sorely lacked. Villanueva would beneft from Mike Dunleavy who turned Rasheed Wallace into a star in Portland.

Bucks add potentially another top pick in this years draft. They add cap flexibility by letting Cassell walk and they can choose what to do with Maggette this summer, possibly a S&T. Thornton and Yi would be a good pair of rookies when paired with Bogut up front.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#2 » by rsavaj » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:19 pm

I think that's too much for Redd...
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,263

Post#3 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:27 pm

Not doubt Id do it as a Bucks fan. Thornton can play SF right?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,090

Post#4 » by dockingsched » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:45 pm

thats not enough protection. is redd/cv worth magz/thornton/#6 pick? i doubt it.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#5 » by deeney0 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:50 pm

Protection can be debated, but otherwise this looks pretty good.
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by loflin3hree5ive » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:03 pm

top ten this year, top 5 next year, top 3 the year after?

anybody?
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#7 » by Simulack » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:10 pm

loflin3hree5ive wrote:top ten this year, top 5 next year, top 3 the year after?

anybody?

Hard to say as that could be a huge drop. If its just top 5, I'd do it without hesitation. If its top 10, the pick could easily move to next year and be a lot lower as a team with Redd/Brand/Kaman as its main pieces looks very good on paper.

But I'd still do it.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#8 » by sipclip » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:23 am

As a clip fan I really don't want to part with Thornton and the pick would have to be top 10 protected for this season. What do you buck fans think of this deal?

Redd
Villanueva

for

Maggs
Cassell
Ross
lottery protected 1st rd pick for this season and then top 5 protected for the next 3yrs
Minny pick
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#9 » by skones » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:28 am

sipclip wrote:As a clip fan I really don't want to part with Thornton and the pick would have to be top 10 protected for this season. What do you buck fans think of this deal?

Redd
Villanueva

for

Maggs
Cassell
Ross
lottery protected 1st rd pick for this season and then top 5 protected for the next 3yrs
Minny pick

This second deal is pretty awful for us. You take away Thornton who no doubt is a selling point for us and put much more protection on the pick than needed. That pick from Minnesota may not end up coming to us for the next three years or so.

The first deal I like though.
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by loflin3hree5ive » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:29 am

do the bucks do it if it's top 10 protected and not top 5?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,263

Post#11 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:31 am

Probably not since next years youd have a top ten pick, redd, and brand along with what you have now. That pick could be in the 20s possibly.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
joey-A
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#12 » by joey-A » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:44 am

What one has to try and remember is that Maggette can, and WILL Opt-out after this season. And he has gone on record with his disappointment with the Clippers not only with not offering him more money back when they could have, but not starting him a while back. And Cassell is gone as well. So basically, IF the Clippers can some how convince Brand to stay, or opt-out and re-sign, getting a good Ying to go with his Yang, as well as CV is not all that bad. The problem is will Sterling EVER want to pay Redd's contract ?
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by loflin3hree5ive » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:50 am

joey-A wrote:What one has to try and remember is that Maggette can, and WILL Opt-out after this season. And he has gone on record with his disappointment with the Clippers not only with not offering him more money back when they could have, but not starting him a while back. And Cassell is gone as well. So basically, IF the Clippers can some how convince Brand to stay, or opt-out and re-sign, getting a good Ying to go with his Yang, as well as CV is not all that bad. The problem is will Sterling EVER want to pay Redd's contract ?

for those reasons i think he will. i think sterling and dunleavy want to re-create dunleavy's portland teams, and redd would be a nice steve smith replica. kaman as sabonis, brand as sheed. i wouldn't be surprised dunleavy makes a move for mighty mouse either.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#14 » by sipclip » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:50 am

skones wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

This second deal is pretty awful for us. You take away Thornton who no doubt is a selling point for us and put much more protection on the pick than needed. That pick from Minnesota may not end up coming to us for the next three years or so.

The first deal I like though.

What if we make it top 12 protected for this season and take back Gadzuric

Redd
Villanueva
Gadz

For

Maggs
Cassell
Ross
Powell
Knight
Dickau
Williams
top 12 protected first
minny pick

The trade clears 24mil in capspace for you guys and you can turn around and trade Maggs and Cassell right away for draft picks and expiring contracts.
Calderoni_8
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#15 » by Calderoni_8 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:19 am

Good for clips... A line up in the future of livingston redd kaman brand and some homo small forward with cv of the bench

Return to Trades and Transactions