DAL-MIL 6-for-6 Swap

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

DAL-MIL 6-for-6 Swap 

Post#1 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:07 pm

Trade ID #4386404

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players: Ramon Sessions, David Noel, Awvee Storey, Michael Ruffin, Royal Ivey, Michael Redd
Outgoing Players: Brandon Bass, Maurice Ager, DeSagana Diop, Devin Harris, Trenton Hassell, Jerry Stackhouse
DAL adds a star shooter to boost their contending chances, plus a good group of hustlers to fill out their deep bench.
Terry, Redd, Howard, Nowitzki, Dampier
Barea, Jones, George, Fazekas, Ruffin

Milwaukee Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players: Brandon Bass, Maurice Ager, DeSagana Diop, Devin Harris, Trenton Hassell, Jerry Stackhouse
Outgoing Players: Ramon Sessions, David Noel, Awvee Storey, Michael Ruffin, Royal Ivey, Michael Redd
MIL retools with a local kid known for his elite defense. He and Mo running the show would be exciting, and their breakdown slashing abilities would make Yi's and Bogut's jobs easier. They also add a ton of quality youth.
Williams, Harris, Mason, Jianlian, Bogut
Ager, Stackhouse, Hassell, Villanueva, Gadzuric
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:08 pm

No, just no. :banghead:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Redd Shaman
Junior
And1: 25

Post#3 » by Redd Shaman » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:09 pm

no way
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#4 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:13 pm

I could see MIL shaping themselves similar to Toronto, with two high-quality point guards and rangy bigmen. Either Mo or Devin could come off the bench, but both would have a key role in the offense.

Of course, DAL will say Devin is untouchable, so I suppose it's amoot point. I just wanted to get some opinions.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,258

Post#5 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:24 pm

I dont think its HORRIBLE value, but not what were looking for.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Post#6 » by catalyst » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:36 pm

Dallas gets the best player but guts their depth. Is that really going to push them to a title? A bunch of olds and never weres are not good for your team going deep
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#7 » by JES12 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:59 am

1) I think Milwaukee can do better in a Redd trade even though Harris, Diop and Bass are pretty good.

2) I think Dallas does not touch this either because Terry/Redd/Howard/Dirk/Damp is pretty darn soft, especially in the back court.

3) I think Redd could help the Mavs BETWEEN Harris and Howard, not in lue of Harris or Howard. Meaning if a 3rd team wanting Terry, Stackhouse, Hassell, Ager, etc. with something to give Milwaukee comes along, that would be more ideal for all teams.

Return to Trades and Transactions