2 in-division deals with CHI and MIL to shake up the Cavs

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

2 in-division deals with CHI and MIL to shake up the Cavs 

Post#1 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:11 am

Trade #1: CLE/CHI

CLE outgoing/CHI incoming:
Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes, and Ira Newble
CHI outgoing/CLE incoming: JamesOn Curry, Kirk Hinrich, and Ben Wallace

Why do the Cavs do this deal?

They finally get their PG they have been lacking ever since Lebron became a Cav. They also get Big Ben to replace Gooden, whose defense would compliment Z very well. Lastly, they dump Hughes' contract.

Why do the Bulls do this deal?

The Bulls are in need of a shakeup. This trade nets them Hughes, who would compliment Gordon very well in the backcourt, like an Arenas-Hughes lite. Big Ben hasn't fit in well at all, so they dump him and get Gooden, who provides the low post scoring they so desperately need.

Gordon/Duhon/Griffin
Hughes/Sefolosha/Newble
Deng/Nocioni/Nichols
Gooden/Thomas/Khryapa
Noah/Smith/Gray

Trade #2: CLE/MIL

CLE outgoing/MIL incoming:
Daniel Gibson, Damon Jones, Donyell Marshall, Cedric Simmons, Eric Snow, and 2008 1st round pick (top 10 protected)
MIL outgoing/CLE incoming: Charlie Bell, Dan Gadzuric, Michael Redd, Michael Ruffin, and Ramon Sessions

Why do the Cavs do this deal?

Yes, losing Boobie will hurt, but Redd is a more proven player who the Cavs targeted in the summer of 2005. He could step in and be that Pippen type player the Cavs have been longing for. Bell and Gadzuric provide depth at PG and C, respectively.

Why do the Bucks do this deal?

They're rumored to be looking at blowing it up, and this trade is a good start. They dump 3 long contracts, and get back a bunch of contracts that expire in 2009. They also bring in Boobie, who is like a poor man's Redd. Lastly, they get a 1st round pick.

Williams/Ivey/Snow
Gibson/Mason/Jones
Simmons/Storey/Noel
Jianlian/Villanueva/Marshall
Bogut/Simmons/Voshkul

Final CLE Roster:

Hinrich/Bell/Curry
Redd/Brown/Sessions
James/Pavlovic/Brown
Wallace/Varejao/Ruffin
Ilgauskas/Gadzuric/Jones
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#2 » by skones » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:12 am

Sure, Chicago and Milwaukee will make Cleveland title contenders while getting garbage in return. Makes perfect sense to me.

GET REAL.
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst

Post#3 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:17 am

skones wrote:Sure, Chicago and Milwaukee will make Cleveland title contenders while getting garbage in return. Makes perfect sense to me.

GET REAL.
The Bulls deal is a rumored deal accoring to a thread on the Bulls board.

I think the Bucks deal is solid - Boobie is a poor man's Redd, you get a 1st, and you dump a ton of salary.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#4 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:18 am

The third time I've had to post this today, hopefully it's the last. Cleveland does not have the assets to get Redd.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#5 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:19 am

LBJ4MVP23 wrote:Boobie is a poor man's Redd

:rofl:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst

Post#6 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:20 am

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Both were 2nd round picks and lights-out shooters (Boobie has the better 3-pt avg. this year!!!). I'm not saying he's as good as Redd, but he's got talent.
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#7 » by Simulack » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:23 am

LBJ4MVP23 wrote:Boobie is a poor man's Redd

The only thing they really have in common is being 2nd round picks. Bobbie couldn't start on the Bucks. He isn't better than Mo Williams and at 6-2 he is going to start at SG.
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#8 » by yungal07 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:24 am

Ugh....
trwi7
RealGM

Post#9 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:24 am

LBJ4MVP23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Both were 2nd round picks and lights-out shooters (Boobie has the better 3-pt avg. this year!!!). I'm not saying he's as good as Redd, but he's got talent.

Come on. Gibson is okay but no where near close to Redd in terms of value. Late 1sts hold no interest to us if the best player we get back is Gibson. Also none of those BAD contracts you gave up expire after this year.

loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Post#10 » by loserX » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:28 am

Damon Jones, Donyell Marshall and Eric Snow are big negatives. They do not add to Gibson and a late first and get you Michael Redd even if you do take back Gadzuric.

Try again in the offseason when they are at least neutral expirings...and you'll still need to add more.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#11 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:29 am

loserX wrote:Damon Jones, Donyell Marshall and Eric Snow are big negatives. They do not add to Gibson and a late first and get you Michael Redd even if you do take back Gadzuric.

Try again in the offseason when they are at least neutral expirings...and you'll still need to add more.

You should sticky a Redd trade thread. All these Redd deals on the front page suck to keep responding to. :lol:

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#12 » by skones » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:33 am

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You should sticky a Redd trade thread. All these Redd deals on the front page suck to keep responding to. :lol:

I've never seen so many bucks trade proposals on this board. IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS!

Return to Trades and Transactions