ImageImageImage

Heat vs Bucks - 28th November at 8:30 (?)

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

NightWatch
Junior
And1: 439

Re: Heat vs Bucks - 28th November at 8:30 (?) 

Post#181 » by NightWatch » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:38 am

I feel like Spo should've played Duncan in the last 3 minutes of the game even though Martin was good in this game but I think Duncan could've helped a bit more on the offense side.
powerball1373
Sixth Man
And1: 2,897

Post#182 » by powerball1373 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:39 am

AirP. wrote:I highly doubt I'll watch another in season tourney game, can't wait to hear the outrage when a team down by say 20 with a few minutes left but needs the point differential to not be that bad has a star go down with a season ending injury. There is no reason for this tourney except for greed.

I've kinda enjoyed the IST games. They feel a little more important than other regular season games, which was the point, and have resulted in more intensity/better games.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,137

Post#183 » by carnageta » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:42 am

Meh. Not disappointed with the loss. Knew we likely were not going to pull the game out when the score was dead even heading into the 4th. We just don't have a closer when Jimmy and Herro are not on the court and so we needed at least a 10-12pt cushion against a team like Milwaukee. As others said, Bam has been amazing; he literally went toe-to-toe against the best power forward in the game and almost pulled off the win shorthanded.

Sitting at 10-8 now. The ones that got away are the Chicago and Knicks losses (up 20 in both games). Had we pulled those out we'd be sitting pretty comfy at 12-6 right now.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,137

Post#184 » by carnageta » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:43 am

7 game home stand coming up, need to buckle down and go at least 5-2 in this stretch. That'd put us at 15-10 for the season.
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,816

Post#185 » by al bondiga » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:48 am

I assume with the steam we're gonna make the playoffs... That being said, I hope spo doesn't burn out JJJ before he gets a taste and some Experience

On another note... jb or herro, Come on, guys, take one For the team...You're getting paid a lot of money!!
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,511

Post#186 » by old skool » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:01 am

carnageta wrote:Meh. Not disappointed with the loss. Knew we likely were not going to pull the game out when the score was dead even heading into the 4th. We just don't have a closer when Jimmy and Herro are not on the court and so we needed at least a 10-12pt cushion against a team like Milwaukee. As others said, Bam has been amazing; he literally went toe-to-toe against the best power forward in the game and almost pulled off the win shorthanded.

Sitting at 10-8 now. The ones that got away are the Chicago and Knicks losses (up 20 in both games). Had we pulled those out we'd be sitting pretty comfy at 12-6 right now.
Adebayo was -16 for the game. Antetokounmpo was +18. It was not very close.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 40,001

Post#187 » by KingDavid » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:08 am

old skool wrote:
carnageta wrote:Meh. Not disappointed with the loss. Knew we likely were not going to pull the game out when the score was dead even heading into the 4th. We just don't have a closer when Jimmy and Herro are not on the court and so we needed at least a 10-12pt cushion against a team like Milwaukee. As others said, Bam has been amazing; he literally went toe-to-toe against the best power forward in the game and almost pulled off the win shorthanded.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app

That's not the only determining stat for performance, especially one that has more to do with who you're lined up with in game and how you do as a group. Bam was our best player tonight. Don't take much stock in this game. We'll see what happens when we have Jimmy and Herro in the lineup.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,252

Post#188 » by AirP. » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:17 am

powerball1373 wrote:
AirP. wrote:I highly doubt I'll watch another in season tourney game, can't wait to hear the outrage when a team down by say 20 with a few minutes left but needs the point differential to not be that bad has a star go down with a season ending injury. There is no reason for this tourney except for greed.

I've kinda enjoyed the IST games. They feel a little more important than other regular season games, which was the point, and have resulted in more intensity/better games.

Like I said, when the first major injury happens early in the season because of running up the score when the game is already decided may change a lot of people's minds. For instance... how will you feel about it if someone like Bam tears his ACL trying to win a game by 23 instead of just double digits.

For a league that's been worried about the amount of games the players are playing and injuries, they're now tossing in incentives to make teams play harder and longer very early in the season.
powerball1373
Sixth Man
And1: 2,897

Post#189 » by powerball1373 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:29 am

AirP. wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:

Like I said, when the first major injury happens early in the season because of running up the score when the game is already decided may change a lot of people's minds. For instance... how will you feel about it if someone like Bam tears his ACL trying to win a game by 23 instead of just double digits.

For a league that's been worried about the amount of games the players are playing and injuries, they're now tossing in incentives to make teams play harder and longer very early in the season.

Idk about you, but I haven't watched a game yet where the stars are in because they're trying to run up the score.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,899

Post#190 » by Bishop45 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:30 am

I'm pretty indifferent on the In-Season tournament, but yea', it's an obvious grift, using consumer engineering to gin up fake importance. I'm content with the NBA product as-is and wouldn't be mad if they even decided to shorten the season. Keep the main thing the main thing. But as long as no one is hurt or the players aren't opposed, I'm cool with it
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,321

Post#191 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:01 am

Bam with 31 on Bournes head?!?!

Lol fun game, get Bam help
#FreeBam
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,511

Post#192 » by old skool » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:03 am

KingDavid wrote:
old skool wrote:

That's not the only determining stat for performance, especially one that has more to do with who you're lined up with in game and how you do as a group. Bam was our best player tonight. Don't take much stock in this game. We'll see what happens when we have Jimmy and Herro in the lineup.

I agree about not putting too much stock in this game.

My point about Adebayo and Antetokounmpo was that Bam did not pretty much go head to toe. Milwaukee's starters were outscoring the Heat starters throughout the game; Milwaukee starters all finished with a healthy +/. Miami was winning the bench battle. When both teams played their starters in the 4th, Milwaukee won somewhat comfortably, outscoring the Heat 27-18 to close the game.

Miami will be better with Herro and Butler available. Adebayo looked tired in the 4th Q playing 42 minutes. Milwaukee will be better if they stay healthy and develop cohesion with their new schemes.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,830

Post#193 » by Daffy » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:39 am

old skool wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
old skool wrote:Adebayo was -16 for the game. Antetokounmpo was +18. It was not very close.

I agree about not putting too much stock in this game.

My point about Adebayo and Antetokounmpo was that Bam did not pretty much go head to toe. Milwaukee's starters were outscoring the Heat starters throughout the game; Milwaukee starters all finished with a healthy +/. Miami was winning the bench battle. When both teams played their starters in the 4th, Milwaukee won somewhat comfortably, outscoring the Heat 27-18 to close the game.

Miami will be better with Herro and Butler available. Adebayo looked tired in the 4th Q playing 42 minutes. Milwaukee will be better if they stay healthy and develop cohesion with their new schemes.

Bucks might get better offensively, but unfortunately not defensively. Their defense guys are poor offensive players, so playing them actually hurts their offense as well. I don't see the Bucks hitting another level outside of the 2 man game between Giannis and Dame.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,046

Post#194 » by 3ballbomber » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:51 am

preach
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,641

Post#195 » by KGtabake » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:14 am

QUIZ wrote:Nobody is afraid of this Bucks team in the playoffs lol. They aren’t half the team they were when they won the title. Don’t even know if they’re better than they were last year

Nobody wants to play a healthy bucks team in the playoffs.
We got them 4-3 in '22 with Middleton out for the series.
You got them last year with Giannis missing 2,5 games.
If all of Giannis, Dame and Middleton are healthy nobody should feel confident against them.
Unlike us and you, they have won the championship.
We have things to prove, they don't.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,830

Post#196 » by Daffy » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:28 am

KGtabake wrote:
QUIZ wrote:Nobody is afraid of this Bucks team in the playoffs lol. They aren’t half the team they were when they won the title. Don’t even know if they’re better than they were last year

If all of Giannis, Dame and Middleton are healthy nobody should feel confident against them.

You say this like we weren't missing Herro and Dipo last year during that series....and before you start with the whole better without Herro narrative we were cooking them in game 1 with Herro and Giannis both playing. This bucks defense is the worst it has ever been. I don't expect Jimmy to do what he did last series against them but Bam, Herro and even Robinson have all improved their games. That drop coverage is perfect for our guys to exploit. We also have the rookie Jaime playing very well in year one off the bench. Haywood had been quite a surprise defensively for us and Caleb is Caleb. I'm not afraid of Milwaukee at all. Oh yeah btw Griffin vs Spo? I'll let you decide on that.
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,326

Post#197 » by SerialChiller » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:11 pm

KGtabake wrote:

I'm not necessarily in agreement (at least so early on) with the statement that the Bucks aren't half the team they were when they won, and that nobody is afraid of them. But I know the Heat aren't afraid of them and the Celtics shouldn't be either if they want to make it out of the East. Those have been the 3 teams that run the East recently and you can't avoid one another you just have to go through the competition with confidence.

We managed to beat them last playoffs as you mentioned, but I like how you listed their injuries and made no mention of ours. Or the fact that it was only a 5 game series. In addition it was also not the 1st but the 2nd time we beat them recently and that we are now 2/3 against them in the last 4 years. Personally I don't think that means much for the present but you claimed that we have more to prove then them.

I'm gonna strongly disagree there. A title 3 years ago doesn't mean much when it comes to the present just like Miami being the reigning Eastern Conference Champs doesn't matter currently either. Every year is a new year. Consider the Bucks have fired their coach, made a major trade for a top tier offensive star (at the cost of maybe the leagues best defensive guard), and haven't made it past the 2nd round since the title season. Also Middleton has only played in 7 total playoff games since the championship series and it's getting hard for them to count on him. They have huge expectations with Dame now and more pressure to win, they probably have more to prove than any other team in the league other than I guess you could say the Suns.

Miami has already proven that they can get to the finals even as an 8th seed play-in team without their 2nd leading scorer and take down any East team in a series. And that is the most recent playoff run to go on. The Heat have been in the finals 2 times and were basically a 3pt shot away from being there 3 times in the last 4 years! I just don't think saying we have more to prove than the Bucks makes any sense at all. Boston certainly has more to prove as well as they handed out that massive contract to Brown and made another few big offseason moves. Miami (much to my and many fans frustration) just keeps striking out in the offseason only to be there in the end no matter the talent deficit or obvious holes on their roster. Everyone counts Boston and the Bucks and sometimes Philly as the top teams in the East going into recent seasons only to watch Miami in the finals. How do they have more to prove hahaha?
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,252

Post#198 » by AirP. » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:45 pm

powerball1373 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:

Idk about you, but I haven't watched a game yet where the stars are in because they're trying to run up the score.

It's early with this new tourney but some things are already happening, it may take a few seasons. Instead of the games being over because you've won the game and you sit your stars, **** like this may make teams have to run their better players back on the court. This doesn't feel like the professional version of basketball anymore, I expect they'll start putting 4 point circles out on the court.

Up by 32 in the 4th, Boston is fouling intentionally to try to run up the score. This is the top basketball league? It's a joke. What's worse, I expect this running up the score bleeds into the non IST games so it's possible this stupid running up the score could end up making stars play harder longer and with that of course more injuries not less like we've heard about for the last x number of years to prolong player's careers. Give it time, playing harder longer will have its effects.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,705

Post#199 » by Sign5 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:57 pm

KGtabake wrote:

Man speak for yourselves, Heat and the fans arent afraid of Bucks in the slightest or anyone in the East for that matter. In fact, I can bet my last dollar that the state of Milwaukee will be more nervous, clenching their cheeks come post season (assuming everyone is healthy and Heat/Bucks face off again).

They've added another layer to their offense with the acquisition of Dame but they are considerably worse defensively whether that's due to the age/decline of Lopez/Middleton and or just coaching but they just aren't as imposing as they were in 2021 (especially after losing Jrue).

Also, no idea why Bucks fans and others keep bringing up a series that happened years ago to determine the outcome of an upcoming/potential series. Heat were fatigued coming off the bubble finals/shortened off season AND this gets swept under the rug because Jimmy rarely uses excuses for injuries but he was playing with a severe back injury the whole series.

https://www.si.com/nba/pacers/news/nba-playoffs-heats-jimmy-butler-status-for-game-1-with-bucks

I mean you know it's serious if Jimmy was QUESTIONABLE for not a regular season game but a PLAYOFF game.
Opposing fans want to believe 2021 was the rule ( and not the exception) so bad. However, after observing 2020, 2022, 2023 and now this season thus far it's pretty apparent that 2021 was indeed an anomaly down year.

Not to mention, as I alluded to earlier Kris and Lopez have declined since 2021, their coaching has taken a hit. On the other hand, Heat have an improved Bam, Duncan, Herro, slightly more efficient from long range Jimmy and baby Jimmy in Jaime in the mix amongst other key guys like Lowry and Caleb who weren't on the squad then.. and Spo. Just two totally different teams and circumstances.

That said, being doubted and seen as an after thought is nothing new to the Heat. I genuinely believe they thrive even more when the media is downing them rather than singing their praises like when they had that 7 game win streak. Not saying Bucks aren't a force but I genuinely don't see them as that scary they were advertised to be post- trade. Nuggets are really the only team that I have legit concerns over in a potential match up for obvious reasons.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,107

Post#200 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:48 pm

Good game, Bam is really looking like he's beginning to take that next step, he looks so in control out there, way less hectic. Jaime is just... wow, what a pick. And Duncan and Caleb both playing well is an awesome sign.

Giannis is a freak but its just so weird to see a top 2 or 3 player in the league with such piss poor weaknesses in his game. Or rather, as a wing anyways, with centers you expect it. Dame was clutch, but also had a friendly whistle at the end there.

As for this fear discussion, imo the only times I've ever felt fear as a fan was fear of being upset by a team you're supposed to beat. So there's no fear for the Heat really this year, as everyone is doubting them (again). 2010-2014 was fun, but also one of the most stressful times ever as a fan. Also there was an element of fear in Heat vs Knicks just because of the thought of losing to them over and over again, not in 97 or 98, but the 2000 season I was definitely sick to my stomach going into game 7.

Return to Miami Heat