ImageImageImage

Heat @ Knicks. November 24th. 730 PM EST.

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,973

Re: Heat @ Knicks. November 24th. 730 PM EST. 

Post#301 » by DayofMourning » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:27 am

Lilseb93 wrote:The important thing for this year is the development of JJJ and Bam and Herro getting better. I've moved on from trying to get Jimmy a title window but the future isn't bleak. We have some guys. We just need upgrades at other positions.

Point Duncan was sorely missed in that 4th. Hes been quite the playmaker for us. Playing at a real high level.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,150

Post#302 » by Bourne85 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:28 am

Lilseb93 wrote:The important thing for this year is the development of JJJ and Bam and Herro getting better. I've moved on from trying to get Jimmy a title window but the future isn't bleak. We have some guys. We just need upgrades at other positions.

The league is filled with seriously great, all time great players and we sadly don’t have someone like that. That’s why we haven’t won. We sneak into the finals and lose to all time great players like Lebron/Jokic. When we won our titles we had all time greats in Wade/Shaq. Then the big 3. This is an above average core but no one good enough to push us over the top imo
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,476

Post#303 » by gom » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:29 am

DayofMourning wrote:
gom wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
It's only our 2nd loss in the past 11 games. We were mopping the floor with the Knicks before we had a really bad 4th.

That makes it worse.

Oh well. Already over it. Who we playin' next?

Brooklyn. But what a way to piss away a game. We could have eliminated the Knicks. Instead we have to scramble over the Bucks to even get into elimination games. And we're behind the magic.

I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,284

Post#304 » by oreon » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:30 am

Bourne85 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Blowing big leads, poor 4th quarter play, winning only against bad teams...man Herro may be more important than we thought.

Duncan* is and always has been the key to our offense. Not jack it up Herro.

Didn’t use timeout, and Jimmy hero ball 3 chuck isn’t the answer, never is.

Spo got out coached tonight as well

Same Duncan that shot 33 % from 3 last season. Ya'll forget how useless Duncan was after he got his deal. Him and Lowry were the worst contracts on the roster by far. He's been able to turn it around this season but lets not forget he forgot how to shoot for a while.
gom

Post#305 » by gom » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:33 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:JJJ was absolutely spent in that 4th. Spo should have played Martin some more

Yeah, the problem with that is that Martin has been very poor. I know it's the effects of the injury, but he has not given Spo many options. Spo tried Swider in the 2nd quarter before finding him lacking too. Disappointing game. Op tried. Op tried hard. Op failed.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,324

Post#306 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:35 am

Duncan would’ve carried us
#FreeBam
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,816

Post#307 » by al bondiga » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:35 am

jb Has done enough for the steam To deserve no criticism for taking bad decisions, Bam also deserves to shy away in the end of close games... but Both of them, including Eric know they can't make it a habit.
They can't!!

jjj Is just a rook who is excused, I also excuse The rest of the team... It was just one of those games
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,846

Post#308 » by Rapaz » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:38 am

gom wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:JJJ was absolutely spent in that 4th. Spo should have played Martin some more

Yeah, the problem with that is that Martin has been very poor. I know it's the effects of the injury, but he has not given Spo many options. Spo tried Swider in the 2nd quarter before finding him lacking too. Disappointing game. Op tried. Op tried hard. Op failed.

OP is on his way out, pointing toward the heavens. We can only ask or wonder that he is asking some departed relative for forgiveness for this ATROCIOUS performance.

oreon
Analyst

Post#309 » by oreon » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:39 am

I haven't. 3 ECF finals in 4 seasons. 2 finals. How do ya'll loose faith so easily. Bam, Herro look considerably better than last season. Duncan has remembered he's a great shooter. JJJ looks like a steal. Celts are the only Eastern conference team that looks complete. Bucks, Sixers and Heat are a tier below, all have issues. So there's a path to finals again. They would only have to beat one team that considerably better than them. And they've done so in the past. They may need a trade to get there but I don't think its needs to be for an allstar. The only way I think they can't contend is if we see a real Butler decline. But I am not going to be worried about that till I see post allstar break. We know he takes it easy till then
gom

Post#310 » by gom » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:40 am

Rapaz wrote:We can only ask or wonder that he is asking some departed relative for forgiveness for this ATROCIOUS performance.

Well, to be fair (cause you know how objective I am-lol), OP had to work with that crap so... what do we expect?
gom

Post#311 » by gom » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:42 am

oreon wrote:

I haven't. 3 ECF finals in 4 seasons. 2 finals. How do ya'll loose faith so easily. Bam, Herro look considerably better than last season. Duncan has remembered he's a great shooter. JJJ looks like a steal. Celts are the only Eastern conference team that looks complete. Bucks, Sixers and Heat are a tier below, all have issues. So there's a path to finals again. They would only have to beat one team that considerably better than them. And they've done so in the past. They may need a trade to get there but I don't think its needs to be for an allstar. The only way I think they can't contend is if we see a real Butler decline. But I am not going to be worried about that till I see post allstar break. We know he takes it easy till then

We need to get better. Tonight doesn't change that. These guys can't lose 4th quarters like this and expect to get far in the playoffs.
oreon
Analyst

Post#312 » by oreon » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:45 am

gom wrote:
oreon wrote:

We need to get better. Tonight doesn't change that. These guys can't lose 4th quarters like this and expect to get far in the playoffs.

We said that last season. As bad as they're played in this and Bulls game, last season was worse. Yet every playoffs they elevate their games. Sure they need to clean some stuff up. But how they play not, won't be how they play in the playoffs. Especially when we are not even a quarter into the season
gom

Post#313 » by gom » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:47 am

Fair enough, Oreon. These are bad habits though.
contract
RealGM
And1: 21,054

Post#314 » by contract » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:53 am

gom wrote:
contract wrote:
gom wrote:Bam/Yurtseven didn't work very well last season, but Adebayo has improved offensively this season. It's worth a shot.

I'm all in on the MSG party.
Spoiler:

Let's get this one, DoM!

Where is Yurt these days? Are we regretting letting him get away yet? :lol:

Utah. I am subscribed to his Instagram.

See image 2. ;-)

That doesn't load for me. Is it the picture of god awful quality with the Jazz Singer album in the background?
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
gom

Post#315 » by gom » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:57 am

contract wrote:
gom wrote:
contract wrote:Where is Yurt these days? Are we regretting letting him get away yet? :lol:

Utah. I am subscribed to his Instagram.

See image 2. ;-)

That doesn't load for me. Is it the picture of god awful quality with the Jazz Singer album in the background?

Yes. His eyes in that picture are hilarious.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,973

Post#316 » by DayofMourning » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:58 am

After tonights L, tank has us drafting DJ Wagner of UK. Another Wildcat!
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 12,051

Post#317 » by Johnny Fontane » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:59 am

Team misses Herro. It’d be such an added luxury though to have just 1 more guy besides Jimmy and Bam that can pick up the slack when the offense goes through these cold spells.
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,967

Post#318 » by dshearn » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:33 am

oreon wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Blowing big leads, poor 4th quarter play, winning only against bad teams...man Herro may be more important than we thought.

Duncan* is and always has been the key to our offense. Not jack it up Herro.

Didn’t use timeout, and Jimmy hero ball 3 chuck isn’t the answer, never is.

Spo got out coached tonight as well

Same Duncan that shot 33 % from 3 last season. Ya'll forget how useless Duncan was after he got his deal. Him and Lowry were the worst contracts on the roster by far. He's been able to turn it around this season but lets not forget he forgot how to shoot for a while.

Yeah...we all saw that....

I think the point is we are not a post season threat unless Duncan is doing his Duncan things. When Duncan DOES function, this is a post season team
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,967

Post#319 » by dshearn » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:44 am

I personally never seen a Heat player panting as much as he was....not even finals Jimmy was breathing like that.

This was a great game for the Heat. Gives us a measuring stick to look back on as the season progresses.

Personally I love the. last two games from Spo, he let JJJ get a taste of leading the offense for a bit. It was a mixed bag, but he gave him valuable experience and kinda hinted he does not see him as just a role player.

The game plan didn't work in the short term, but this stuff is not about beating the NY...this is about the rest of this year and beyond.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,899

Post#320 » by Bishop45 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:13 am

Damn, I stopped watching, thought it was made. Next time, OP! Good run!
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine

Return to Miami Heat