ImageImageImage

Miami Heat 2023/2024 Training Camp and Regular Season Thread

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,452

Re: Miami Heat 2023/2024 Training Camp and Regular Season Thread 

Post#81 » by Wiltside » Tue Oct 3, 2023 4:06 am

Rapaz wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can't even argue. They're awful and cringe.

They'd be passable if it just said 'Heat' or 'Miami'...but 'Culture' is :oops:
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,266

Post#82 » by MorbidHEAT » Tue Oct 3, 2023 4:07 am

Wiltside wrote:
Rapaz wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can't even argue. They're awful and cringe.

They'd be passable if it just said 'Heat' or 'Miami'...but 'Culture' is :oops:

Bring back the Vice jerseys and call it a day.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,839

Post#83 » by Daffy » Tue Oct 3, 2023 4:34 am

MiamiLoyal926 wrote:How many of you think Lowry didn’t mesh and work here because of conditioning issues? In other words, he did not like nor truly buy into the level of pressure and importance placed on meeting certain conditioning criteria. As a result, did he also fall out of favor with his teammates who do eat, sleep, sweat Heat culture?

If that was an issue for both Lowry and his teammates, how will someone like Harden mesh in this environment given the same criteria?

I'm noticing you find a negative in every possible situation for a trade.
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,004

Post#84 » by marson » Tue Oct 3, 2023 4:59 am

MiamiLoyal926 wrote:How many of you think Lowry didn’t mesh and work here because of conditioning issues? In other words, he did not like nor truly buy into the level of pressure and importance placed on meeting certain conditioning criteria. As a result, did he also fall out of favor with his teammates who do eat, sleep, sweat Heat culture?

If that was an issue for both Lowry and his teammates, how will someone like Harden mesh in this environment given the same criteria?

Kyle's a bit too late on coming here imo. Younger Kyle like 2018/2019 version would've helped the Heat 22 and 23 playoffs for sure.

The guy can't play big minutes anymore. Stick a fork.
MiamiLoyal926
Rookie
And1: 2,056

Post#85 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Tue Oct 3, 2023 4:59 am

Daffy wrote:

I'm noticing you find a negative in every possible situation for a trade.

Do you have an issue with a discussion-based question? You didn’t answer the question. Do you feel Lowry fell victim to Heat Culture, and will other players like Harden mesh or not given that same type of pressure from coaching and teammates?

I did not give my opinion whatsoever… I just asked a question regarding what we saw from Lowry and murmurs that he and Butler did not mesh as well as they thought they would. Do you guys think that was a lack of culture fit for Lowry? If so, should we be concerned the same fate would await other similar type of players. Harden just happens to be todays discussion, but my question was more centered on Lowry and the possible negative surrounding Heat Culture and it’s potential to turn certain stars off from us.

I have noticed a pattern of dismissiveness and retaliation from you Daffy towards me. It’s a shame really. Seems like logic-based discussion is frowned upon. I am not the fan boy type, my bad if that offended you. I will always approach all discussion using logic, evidence/data, and rationale. It is both the blessing and the curse of someone who studied both mathematics and data science. Feel free to add me to your foe list.

P.S. I never said I was against Harden. I think he would be a fresh dynamic this team has lacked.
Umbooki
RealGM
And1: 29,843

Post#86 » by Umbooki » Tue Oct 3, 2023 5:00 am

Vice Jerseys never should’ve left the rotation.

E: If Harden can be gotten with Lowry and a pick, then I’m with it.
broke
Rookie
And1: 1,550

Post#87 » by broke » Tue Oct 3, 2023 5:14 am

If harden can be had for Lowry and a frp im helping Lowry pack for the airport. We’re realistically not geared to compete with Boston and Milwaukee as currently constructed imo
iamoti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,453

Post#88 » by iamoti » Tue Oct 3, 2023 6:13 am

I think we are overrating both the Bucks and the Celtics.

Bucks are old and couldnt defend with Jrue. Not saying Dame wont make them better on offense but their main issue was defense. The only plus defender on that team is Giannis.

The Celtics have 0 depth. They look awesome on paper but are you really relying on 37yo Horford and Glasszingis as your bigs? yikes.

We are deep and we have Jimmy. Thats enough to make it a series.

Are we favourites , no. But we were supposed to be swept by both last season too and look what happened.

I like how everyone feels the normal for our team was the regular season without even mentioning being nr.1 seed the year before. The playoffs were the fluke because its a smaller sample size lol.

**** the narratives. We have a good team and i'm gonna enjoy the hell our of this season even if we lose in the 2nd round.

Sent from my SM-G975F using RealGM mobile app
contract
RealGM
And1: 21,089

Post#89 » by contract » Tue Oct 3, 2023 6:28 am

What is everyone going to do if Harden decides to go on strike if we don't give him a max extension? Harden isn't just a bad fit culturewise, he also wants a new contract and he has proven over and over again that he's more than willing to nuke the team to get his way.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,780

Post#90 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Oct 3, 2023 7:36 am

DayofMourning wrote:Been on the Harden bandwagon since day 1. Me and Bish.

I've gotten over the Lilard fiasco,

I've endured the Holiday tragedy,

But this Harden thing might break me DOM
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
VaDe255
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#91 » by VaDe255 » Tue Oct 3, 2023 8:22 am

I think they should just wait and not make any more moves (e.g. Harden).
I totally understand our FO not willing to go absolutely all in on aging guards, after what happened to Kyle.

When a younger player, who has a future with the Bam/Herro/Jovic core becomes available and can potentially help them win now with Jimmy, get that pick from OKC and put everything on the table but those 4 players.

They need a move like Denver did with Aaron Gordon, that was what put them over the hump.
One more "high impact player" with Jimmy/Bam/Herro is a contender. If that player is also young it would be ideal, because you then go transition to Bam/Herro/Jovic + "high impact player" when Jimmy is done and keep yourself in it.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#92 » by HIF » Tue Oct 3, 2023 8:36 am

Our fan based is obsessed with getting hold of ancient rentals who haven't quite made it anywhere else.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,154

Post#93 » by Bourne85 » Tue Oct 3, 2023 9:17 am

HIF wrote:Our fan based is obsessed with getting hold of ancient rentals who haven't quite made it anywhere else.

Well you can’t blame them, we have made a couple finals recently. Running it back as is we know we aren’t going to win. The hope is a Dame/Jrue/Harden kinda guy gives us a slightly better chance.

Imo the window on this team has firmly closed. We had two chances in 2 different finals. Both times we got thoroughly outplayed and out classed. Sure run it back for $$ purposes, so Micky can keep selling out the arena. But in reality the best move is to see where we are at the trade deadline, if we don’t like how it’s going, time to put a fork in this squad. Trade off Jimmy and possibly even Bam as these two guys in particular have amazing trade value. And would bring back the pieces and picks we need to start a full rebuild.
Umbooki
RealGM
And1: 29,843

Post#94 » by Umbooki » Tue Oct 3, 2023 9:41 am

HIF wrote:Our fan based is obsessed with getting hold of ancient rentals who haven't quite made it anywhere else.

I’m fine with the “Wait and See” approach for now, but a healthy Harden that buys in gives us the best guard play we’ve had since Bubble Gogi.

It’s a “What If” scenario.
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,695

Post#95 » by HEATVols865 » Tue Oct 3, 2023 11:18 am

Celtics don’t scare me. Bucks offense is brutal BUT if Lopez meets Father Time and drops down a notch on D, they will have to outscore people big time.

Y’all are nuts for wanting to trade a FRP for a Harden rental. WTF
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,695

Post#96 » by HEATVols865 » Tue Oct 3, 2023 11:20 am

I’m actually worried about next season. Caleb will want money and if J-Rich plays really well, so will he. We won’t have depth or talent in that case.
If Barry is right, and he might seeing as Ethan hasn’t confirmed or denied what he said, and the Arisons are now just using the Heat as a cash cow, we will lose players and not add anyone next year.
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 17,022

Post#97 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Oct 3, 2023 11:31 am

HEATVols865 wrote:I’m actually worried about next season. Caleb will want money and if J-Rich plays really well, so will he. We won’t have depth or talent in that case.
If Barry is right, and he might seeing as Ethan hasn’t confirmed or denied what he said, and the Arisons are now just using the Heat as a cash cow, we will lose players and not add anyone next year.

If Miami allows Lowry to Expire they will have up to 18M remaining to pay somebody like Caleb or Richardson. Getting Rid off Lowry unless you get an expiring back at the same pay range your not resigning anything but minimum contracts.
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 446

Post#98 » by dubasilva » Tue Oct 3, 2023 11:38 am

VaDe255 wrote:I think they should just wait and not make any more moves (e.g. Harden).
I totally understand our FO not willing to go absolutely all in on aging guards, after what happened to Kyle.

When a younger player, who has a future with the Bam/Herro/Jovic core becomes available and can potentially help them win now with Jimmy, get that pick from OKC and put everything on the table but those 4 players.

They need a move like Denver did with Aaron Gordon, that was what put them over the hump.
One more "high impact player" with Jimmy/Bam/Herro is a contender. If that player is also young it would be ideal, because you then go transition to Bam/Herro/Jovic + "high impact player" when Jimmy is done and keep yourself in it.

This is the best comment I heard so far. I totally agree. Wait and develop some of our players, and wait and see if someone is unhappy and becomes available. If there is an opportunity to go after a talented young player, go for it.

So far, the names I hear are all question marks. We continue to propose trades that trash our assets and have a possibility of an immediate impact.

What we need is additional scoring, and that could come from Hierro, Bam, and the young fellows.
HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,924

Post#99 » by HeatingUp3 » Tue Oct 3, 2023 11:47 am

Bring back D-Wade to give us another title.
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,907

Post#100 » by Rapaz » Tue Oct 3, 2023 11:48 am

Our ASSets aren’t good enough to acquire talented OLD players, and yet here we are pipe-dreaming about acquiring talented young players.

Return to Miami Heat