ImageImageImage

Heat vs. Bulls 12/14/23 @ 730 PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,326

Re: Heat vs. Bulls 12/14/23 @ 730 PM EST 

Post#81 » by SerialChiller » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:04 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:Bad L here. Jaime was the lone bright spot. And Jimmy continues to coast. Barely scratching 20 points. This guy is making $45 million

Zero impact tonight.

This is what separates Jimmy from a true great like Wade, Wade always brought it and found a way to positively impact a game even on the nights his shot wasn't falling or his knees were shot. Butler coasts like alot.....
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,972

Post#82 » by DayofMourning » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:06 am

Wiltside wrote:Dosunmu averaging 6 per game. Naturally goes for 24 against our matador guards. Sigh.

Was a fan of his during the draft process. Good size and athleticism for a combo. He really good at layups. We really good at having 6'4" post players.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,150

Post#83 » by Bourne85 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:07 am

SerialChiller wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:Bad L here. Jaime was the lone bright spot. And Jimmy continues to coast. Barely scratching 20 points. This guy is making $45 million

Zero impact tonight.

This is what separates Jimmy from a true great like Wade, Wade always brought it and found a way to positively impact a game even on the nights his shot wasn't falling or his knees were shot. Butler coasts like alot.....

I’m just annoyed, he’s coasting as if he’s some multiple time champion and the regular season doesnt matter to him. Bruh you haven’t won anything and we are once again in play in territory. Wake the hell up
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#84 » by DayofMourning » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:08 am

SerialChiller wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Zero impact tonight.

His shot was so flat tonight. Hed been off the whole night and we couldve used one bucket to pressure the Bulls and he was like "3 pointer!". Flat. Bulls layup.
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,967

Post#85 » by dshearn » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:09 am

we might be better off with Herro on the court to be picked on...so at least we know where the attacking is going to come from..
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,150

Post#86 » by Bourne85 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:12 am

dshearn wrote:we might be better off with Herro on the court to be picked on...so at least we know where the attacking is going to come from..

Once Herro comes back I expect Drob minutes and therefore production to start coming down. Wouldn’t be surprised if he affects Jaimes production either. Herro is going to take 16-25 shots. Either way we def need him as the offense has not looked good lately
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,040

Post#87 » by Dominator83 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:14 am

Well I was hoping for a Bulls loss. Atleast I got 1 of my 2 wishes, Coby looks legit !

Real question though... Since when did Butler become so passive? When he was here on the Bulls he was a GAMER. The guy I watched tonight isn't the Jimmy I remember at all. He didn't even attempt to takeover in the 4th. Our commentators (mostly Stacey King) was also surprised at how non-assertive he seemed to be
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 40,001

Post#88 » by KingDavid » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:14 am

3J was our leading scorer? I missed most of the game. Looks like Jimmy sucked tonight. We need our 3 starters back.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#89 » by DayofMourning » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:17 am

Dominator83 wrote:Well I was hoping for a Bulls loss. Atleast I got 1 of my 2 wishes, Coby looks legit !

Real question though... Since when did Butler become so passive? When he was here on the Bulls he was a GAMER. The guy I watched tonight isn't the Jimmy I remember at all. He didn't even attempt to takeover in the 4th. Our commentators (mostly Stacey King) was also surprised at how non-assertive he seemed to be

Hes given up on the RS. Is whatev. Just earn every single cent come playoff time.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#90 » by DayofMourning » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:18 am

KingDavid wrote:3J was our leading scorer? I missed most of the game. Looks like Jimmy sucked tonight. We need our 3 starters back.

JJJ could be our leading scorer every night.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,899

Post#91 » by Bishop45 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:32 am

A loss but a good game for Jaime is still good enough for me tbch
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#92 » by Bishop45 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:58 am

balla345 wrote:Without Bam just not enough good defenders on the team

A problem

Rest in Power Chadwick

iamoti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,448

Post#93 » by iamoti » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:27 am

Defensive effort is on Butler. When your star player gets beat in every drive what do you expect from the role players?

We got killed on dribble drive. Usually Bam covers a lot of that but without him we are really exposed

Sent from my SM-G990B2 using RealGM mobile app
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,830

Post#94 » by Daffy » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:25 am

At some point y'all have to stop being surprised that Jimmy isn't going to consistently bring it every game on offense or even defense. That's not who he is. The same way a lot of people blame the Josh Hart injury instead of acknowledging he just got gassed. Not every player is the same. Just be glad when we get to the playoffs he has those elite games that's gives us a chance in any series. Especially at this age we shouldn't be counting on Jimmy every night to carry us. Do you guys rather him go all out now or have something left in the tank for the playoffs? Don't forget he came from playing heavy minutes with Thibbs throughout his career and he plays a very physical style of ball with us as well.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#95 » by Bishop45 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:38 am

Bulls really are better without Lavine

Rest in Power Chadwick

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,252

Post#96 » by AirP. » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:48 pm

Daffy wrote:At some point y'all have to stop being surprised that Jimmy isn't going to consistently bring it every game on offense or even defense. That's not who he is. The same way a lot of people blame the Josh Hart injury instead of acknowledging he just got gassed. Not every player is the same. Just be glad when we get to the playoffs he has those elite games that's gives us a chance in any series. Especially at this age we shouldn't be counting on Jimmy every night to carry us. Do you guys rather him go all out now or have something left in the tank for the playoffs? Don't forget he came from playing heavy minutes with Thibbs throughout his career and he plays a very physical style of ball with us as well.

Thibs? WTF? This was a talking point/narrative created from the Chicago FO trying to smear Thibodeau to get the owner to fire him (the FO even tried to trade him to Memphis at one point and EVERYONE in Chicago knew Fred Hoiberg was the next Bull's coach over a year before they got rid of Thibodeau). When they got Thibodeau out of Chicago the FOs handpicked coach of Fred Hoiberg played Butler 37 minutes a night 2 straight years and not a peep was made about that. Anyone remember this talking point about Popovic when he played Tim Duncan just under 41 minutes a night all 82 games in his prime or 38+ minutes per game his first 6 years in the league?

On Butler, he just plays a style of game that is more prone to injuries then most of the NBA plays, either you roll the dice and have him go mostly all out all the time with a much higher chance of injuries or you get terrible nights like tonight where on the 2nd night of a back to back he put up 20-7-7 on 15 shots which doesn't seem all that bad. Defense seemed to be the issue last night.

I don't know what people expect when Bam is out and there isn't a defensive big on the roster to replace some of what he brings on the defensive end. Butler, Herro, Robinson, Jaquez Jr, Martin all have better replacements on the roster then Miami has at the backup center position, Miami getting production out of Dedmon made them think backup center could be a rotation spot they go cheap with and have... and boy does it bite Miami in the *** when you replace Bam with an offensive only center or worse yet, a PF or SF playing center. I just don't understand the roster construction decisions that this franchise sometimes makes.
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,967

Post#97 » by dshearn » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:11 pm

KingDavid wrote:3J was our leading scorer? I missed most of the game. Looks like Jimmy sucked tonight. We need our 3 starters back.

It got pretty crazy there for a stitch...it might have actually been a closer game if we just left O-Rob down the court to pray for a rebound and left everyone else around the offensive basket to cut down on and 1's. That is how bad the defense was. It was not just not functional, it was not functional and giving out extra points. I use to give Caleb ton's of credit for his defense...but the dude ain't right...and no joke... O-Rob got beat like a Drum...probably the most helpless defender I have seen in a while...that is pretty damning since we have both D-Rob and Herro on this team.

Anyway....Spo actually yanked out just about everyone and left JJJ, cain, Hampton and Bryant.... Cain had 2 good stops and one phenomenal block...while...JJJ got them on a mini run. The way he yanked everyone at one time really did feel like he told JJJ to just go out and fix this in whatever way you can. He took everyone off the court that could demand the ball, or pull seniority ...it was mostly JJJ and the expendables. I forget who the 5th guy was...maybe Duncan or Love...I forget.

JJJ was the only dude on the floor who played over 22 minutes and finishes positive in +/-... He ended with 34m and +8? something like that +6 or +8.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,998

Post#98 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:17 pm

AirP. wrote:
Daffy wrote:At some point y'all have to stop being surprised that Jimmy isn't going to consistently bring it every game on offense or even defense. That's not who he is. The same way a lot of people blame the Josh Hart injury instead of acknowledging he just got gassed. Not every player is the same. Just be glad when we get to the playoffs he has those elite games that's gives us a chance in any series. Especially at this age we shouldn't be counting on Jimmy every night to carry us. Do you guys rather him go all out now or have something left in the tank for the playoffs? Don't forget he came from playing heavy minutes with Thibbs throughout his career and he plays a very physical style of ball with us as well.

Thibs? WTF? This was a talking point/narrative created from the Chicago FO trying to smear Thibodeau to get the owner to fire him (the FO even tried to trade him to Memphis at one point and EVERYONE in Chicago knew Fred Hoiberg was the next Bull's coach over a year before they got rid of Thibodeau). When they got Thibodeau out of Chicago the FOs handpicked coach of Fred Hoiberg played Butler 37 minutes a night 2 straight years and not a peep was made about that. Anyone remember this talking point about Popovic when he played Tim Duncan just under 41 minutes a night all 82 games in his prime?

On Butler, he just plays a style of game that is more prone to injuries then most of the NBA plays, either you roll the dice and have him go mostly all out all the time with a much higher chance of injuries or you get terrible nights like tonight where on the 2nd night of a back to back he put up 20-7-7 on 15 shots which doesn't seem all that bad. Defense seemed to be the issue last night.

I don't know what people expect when Bam is out and there isn't a defensive big on the roster to replace some of what he brings on the defensive end. Butler, Herro, Robinson, Jaquez Jr, Martin all have better replacements on the roster then Miami has at the backup center position, Miami getting production out of Dedmon made them think backup center could be a rotation spot they go cheap with and have... and boy does it bite Miami in the *** when you replace Bam with an offensive only center or worse yet, a PF or SF playing center. I just don't understand the roster construction decisions that this franchise sometimes makes.

I think most of us know what to expect from Butler, he isn't going to go all out for 82 games in a long season, he would be broken come playoff time. Also understand he will pick and choose those games he will come in running on all cylinders, unfortunately we have injuries to key guys like Herro and Bam. He isn't going to go ramp up on games their missing either because well that will get him hurt just the same, so he is playing his cards regardless whether Bam/Herro are playing or not. Once those guys come back, he will still play his cards just the same, its a rhythm thing, were if his body hurts that week, he won't go hard, if it doesn't then he will regardless of what team mates are available game to game.

Our front office is aware and look to be ok with it, they know he can elevate his game come playoffs, but he is 34 going on to 35. He is already at the age where he should be a vet playing limited minutes. Right now you have, JJJ, Caleb, Herro, Bam, Duncan all a bunch of young dudes who can ball, and should be able to pick up the slack or hold the fort until the playoffs come around. JJJ has been balling, Herro was balling before he got hurt, Bam elevated his game once again and was killing it, Duncan has regained his form and even playing a way better all around game, Hell Highsmith before getting hurt was playing his best minutes as our starting PF. We have pieces unfortunately when two major keys like Herro and Bam are injured, and our second best defender in Highsmith is hurt, your going to struggle a bit. Specially when you have zero point of attack defense with an old vet starter and no backup point guard on the team. There are only so many holes our coaching staff can plug, using third stringers and out of position wings.

Here is the other thing people don't realize, starting level caliber centers are a dime a dozen in the NBA. Back up centers are terrible on every team. What makes it look so bad for us on this team, is that Bam is our best defender both on the block/paint and on the perimeter. Additionally he also scores a very efficient 25ppg while getting the team into sets, running the fast break, and taken the other teams best scorer at all times, while switching on everything. Thus anybody you bring in that is a back up level player will look abysmal in comparison. Miami continues to play the same way when those backup guys come in, and they will not perform 1/20 of the level that Bam can at any one thing.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,252

Post#99 » by AirP. » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:41 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:Here is the other thing people don't realize, starting level caliber centers are a dime a dozen in the NBA. Back up centers are terrible on every team. What makes it look so bad for us on this team, is that Bam is our best defender both on the block/paint and on the perimeter. Additionally he also scores a very efficient 25ppg while getting the team into sets, running the fast break, and taken the other teams best scorer at all times, while switching on everything. Thus anybody you bring in that is a back up level player will look abysmal in comparison. Miami continues to play the same way when those backup guys come in, and they will not perform 1/20 of the level that Bam can at any one thing.

25 PPG? What stats are you looking at? Bam's not even averaged 18 ppg in the playoff yet so let's just hold off on the offensive force part for now, he's getting there which is an incredible plus to go with his defense.

If centers are a dime a dozen, why is Miami just adding vet minimum offensive centers to backup Bam instead of defensive guys? With the whole defense designed around Bam you'd think it would be a priority to try to get a backup who somewhat mimicked his style (not level) of defense, so the rest of Miami's players didn't dramatically have to change how they defend based on if Bam is or isn't in the game. Miami DID try to do that drafting Precious, he had the tools to be a lite version of what Bam was at that time, yet they cut ties with him and traded him.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,179

Post#100 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:35 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:At least Jaime got 20 points so we can trade him and Jovic for Caruso.
:noway:

Too light? Throw in Martin too then.
:lol:

Return to Miami Heat