ImageImageImage

AGAINN, HEEAT V. C'S, PRESSURE COOK, 10/27, 7:30PM!!!!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Eagle4
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,978

Re: AGAINN, HEEAT V. C'S, PRESSURE COOK, 10/27, 7:30PM!!!! 

Post#381 » by Eagle4 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:14 am

This legitimately feels like another pre season loss to me. I honestly have little emotion about the outcome.

You knew Celtics were gonna play like it was game 7 of the finals. Heat also didn't have their near ECF MVP in Caleb, Jrich out and Butler sleepwalking through a regular season game as normal. Yaaaaaawn!
Good signs are Herro torching Celtics as usual and Bam being Bam. Add in playoff Jimbo and this team is poised for another "unsuspecting" deep run.

On to the next game.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,352

Post#382 » by Wiltside » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:36 am

If we aren’t going to play Jovic and build him up during the regular season, we may as well look to trade him for a legit 4 that can start and defend.

Super disappointed that Spo can’t find time for him, particularly alongside Edrice. They should be a match made in heaven. Instead, Jovic is beyond Yurt’d and won’t see any time again.

Spo is a fantastic coach, but his tendency to overrate the Gabe Vincent’s, Max Strus’, Dru Smith’s, Haywood Highsmith’s, Yakouba Diawara’s of the world is mind boggling. Particularly when you have a 4 that started for his team in the World Cup sitting there.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#383 » by Wiltside » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:38 am

Nice to see Bam and Tyler step forward in a big matchup too. We need them to take another step offensively.

Hopefully Tyler is juiced for a Milwaukee matchup tomorrow. He should cook.

Edit: Minnesota tomorrow, not MIL. Regardless, hoping he can continue to hoop.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#384 » by Wiltside » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:02 am

If Bam is shooting 23 times though, he’s gotta hit more than 10. His attempts are middys and in the paint. He needs to be more efficient there.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,476

Post#385 » by gom » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:32 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Nikola Jovic was a wasted pick. Two years of nothing but bench. Trade the kid for a vet already

LOL. You're a riot, panda.

You guys really need to be patient.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,042

Post#386 » by 3ballbomber » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:53 am

Wiltside wrote:If Bam is shooting 23 times though, he’s gotta hit more than 10. His attempts are middys and in the paint. He needs to be more efficient there.

I'm not too concerned how many Bam misses at this stage as long as his showing balls enough to go for it on offense. Efficiency will take care of itself later as he gets used to higher volume attempts. Cowering away from offense is something we don't want to continue. I'm liking the way he looks early on.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,042

Post#387 » by 3ballbomber » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:04 am

gom wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Nikola Jovic was a wasted pick. Two years of nothing but bench. Trade the kid for a vet already

LOL. You're a riot, panda.

You guys really need to be patient.

Yeah way too early to determine anything. It's a long season ahead. Jovic will get some burn!
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,166

Post#388 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:19 am

We’re injured, on their homecourt, AND they needed the ref$ to cheat their asses off to barely beat us.

We have 5-6 guys in our 10 man rotation tonight that arguably shouldn’t be in the league right now or just aren’t ready to play yet. This is a horribly constructed roster Pat and Co have put around Jimmy and Bam and the sad reality about that is the fact that Jimmy just flat out does not give a single fuxk until the playoffs get here.

Those things coupled together are a recipe for a disaster of a regular season. I’m curious to see how we look at full strength but then again, will we ever be at full strength? We always seem to be injured.
#FreeBam
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,178

Post#389 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:42 am

Wiltside wrote:If we aren’t going to play Jovic and build him up during the regular season, we may as well look to trade him for a legit 4 that can start and defend.

Super disappointed that Spo can’t find time for him, particularly alongside Edrice. They should be a match made in heaven. Instead, Jovic is beyond Yurt’d and won’t see any time again.

Spo is a fantastic coach, but his tendency to overrate the Gabe Vincent’s, Max Strus’, Dru Smith’s, Haywood Highsmith’s, Yakouba Diawara’s of the world is mind boggling. Particularly when you have a 4 that started for his team in the World Cup sitting there.

iamoti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,448

Post#390 » by iamoti » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:58 am

We were missing 3 rotation guys and still almost won. Not worried.

Joe is playing Tatum 42 min in the 2nd game of the season lol

Sent from my SM-G975F using RealGM mobile app
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,967

Post#391 » by dshearn » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:40 am

Wiltside wrote:If we aren’t going to play Jovic and build him up during the regular season, we may as well look to trade him for a legit 4 that can start and defend.

what is it....is Dru Smith's mental state disposable...if he sucks..it is whatever? Because the only thing that makes sense to me is they are Protecting Jovic mental psych and don't want to get psychologically beat up when he get picked on like young players tend to be.

Iif you can't play young dudes, but you can play JJJ....then draft more dudes that have 4. years. sighhh
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 446

Post#392 » by dubasilva » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:26 am

I worry about a couple of things:
* we're a small team. Just look at these teams getting so many offensive rebounds
* Jimmy was blocked a couple of times. JJJ was also blocked.
* Derrick White!!! Really???
* I can't believe K. Lowry still is a professional basketball player. Making a ton of money.

My son is also a big Heat fan! He said something interesting yesterday. We're a middle-of-the-pack team. I don't see us going to the finals with this team. And we're too good to be a lottery team. We're a Pat Riley Team, and we're never going to tank.

This year we should enjoy watching bball, and appreciate what we had the last few years.

I know it is early. It is my gut feeling.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,531

Post#393 » by twix2500 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:56 am

Got home late from work. Just finished watching the game. The Celtics had two runs which the final one the Heat couldn't overcome. The first run came in the last 3 mins of the first half, bad turnovers gave Celtics a comfortable lead after Heat controlled most of the first half. Then Porzingus and White took over in the early 4th. Heat couldn't recover.

I do want to mention, Celtics had homecourt advantage so it's understandable. But they were targeting Kevin Love head and homecourt protected the Celtics. They hit Love in the face and head 4 to 5 times. The last hit to Love head should have been a flagurant. A hit to the head is a flagurant now in the NBA. That could of been a turning point for the heat to make a run but instead in became a 1 pt score which favors Celtics.
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,276

Post#394 » by dean456 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:27 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Daffy wrote:
Lilseb93 wrote:
The front office gets away with it because Spo and the coaching staff somehow gets something out of nothing and we find ways to win tough games in the playoffs. Honestly, I think we make the Finals DESPITE the front office.

As much as I wanted Dame IF we lose this game it's not because of Herro. Herro had a very good game today. A loss like this would happen even with Dame with Jimmy playing like this.

This team does not have a Herro problem. It has a major roster construction problem and it’s affinity for 6’5 PF’s. They think everyone is PJ Tucker. Tucker is built like a Mack Truck.

I don't get this criticism after this game. It's not the 6'5 PFs that are the problem imo. We were forced to play Duncan at PF a majority of this game. If we had Martin, Highsmith and JRich healthy. I'd be far less concerned with our PF rotation.

The bigger problem is playing small when you know you are missing guys. The biggest issue in this game was Spo's utilization of Dru Smith. Dude was a -18 in the 23mins he played. Not only is he playing way more minutes than he should be he was also playing a large chunk of his minutes WITH Lowry and even some with Herro also on the floor. Spo needs to cut that **** out now. If Lowry is playing 32mpg then Dru Smith should see no more than the 16mins Lowry's not playing until JRich comes back.

Jaquez was playing some really good defense vs Tatum and he only played 14mins yet somehow Smith gets 23mins?.. Makes no sense at all. This is 100% Spo btw, even people in the FO don't know why Spo likes Smith apparently.
dean456
Assistant Coach

Post#395 » by dean456 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:07 am

I'm not on board for trading Jovic, no sense to do that while he's on a rookie salary and nothing going to change at this point until the trade deadline so it is what it is atm.

But I 100% agree with you about playing him. With JRich, Martin and Highsmith out, I really don't get why we can't find mins for Jovic. We can let Dru Smith pretend he's an NBA player for 23mins but can't live with Jovic making some mistakes while getting some valuable reps?
dean456
Assistant Coach

Post#396 » by dean456 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:23 am

dubasilva wrote:I worry about a couple of things:
* we're a small team. Just look at these teams getting so many offensive rebounds
* I can't believe K. Lowry still is a professional basketball player. Making a ton of money.

My son is also a big Heat fan! He said something interesting yesterday. We're a middle-of-the-pack team. I don't see us going to the finals with this team. And we're too good to be a lottery team. We're a Pat Riley Team, and we're never going to tank.

This year we should enjoy watching bball, and appreciate what we had the last few years.

I don't think we are that small I think we just have 3 of our longer/athletic players out injured and Spo's rotation's favoring too many small players.

Both blocks on Jimmy were fouls and so was the one on Jaquez.

White won them the game today. He had 14 of his 28pts in the 4th quarter. If that production is even halved in the 4th then we likely win this game.

I thought Lowry had as good a game as we can expect tonight. 13pts, 8rbs, 5ast and felt like he had like at least 4 deflections that led to steals/TOs. When Lowry isn't gun shy he's fine out there, it's when he decides that he's not going to take any shots and looks old where it looks really bad.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,766

Post#397 » by QUIZ » Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:02 pm

[url]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=A_GLd7z3AQ4UioAHYfxQvA[/url]

We killed them, but Dru Smith was a -18.

Let’s see what this looks like with Caleb, J Rich, and Highsmith healthy.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,695

Post#398 » by HEATVols865 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:49 pm

Jimmy as usual being his bum self, taking nights off while being in the court. It’s game 2 of the season and dude is already tired and needing a break?
And phuck Spo! You have a talented 4 in Jovic who shined in the World Cup and warms the bench here…arrogant D3 chitty azz player who now takes it out on guys he is jealous of for having skills he never had. Jobic will never develop under Spo. Fire Spo.
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
HeatFan_NC
Sophomore
And1: 312

Post#399 » by HeatFan_NC » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:58 pm

Wiltside wrote:If Bam is shooting 23 times though, he’s gotta hit more than 10. His attempts are middys and in the paint. He needs to be more efficient there.

He needs to polish his jumper by working on mechanics.
HeatFan_NC
Sophomore
And1: 312

Post#400 » by HeatFan_NC » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:00 pm

dean456 wrote:
dubasilva wrote:I worry about a couple of things:

I don't think we are that small I think we just have 3 of our longer/athletic players out injured and Spo's rotation's favoring too many small players.

Both blocks on Jimmy were fouls and so was the one on Jaquez.

White won them the game today. He had 14 of his 28pts in the 4th quarter. If that production is even halved in the 4th then we likely win this game.

I thought Lowry had as good a game as we can expect tonight. 13pts, 8rbs, 5ast and felt like he had like at least 4 deflections that led to steals/TOs. When Lowry isn't gun shy he's fine out there, it's when he decides that he's not going to take any shots and looks old where it looks really bad.

Yes! Jimmy was fouled and JJJ was fouled on those dunk attempts. You could see the slap on their arms and wrists as they were attempting to put the ball in the rim

Return to Miami Heat