ImageImageImage

1/31 @ 7:30pm - Kings @ Heat

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

contract
RealGM
And1: 21,084

Re: 1/31 @ 7:30pm - Kings @ Heat 

Post#341 » by contract » Thu Feb 1, 2024 12:54 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
marson wrote:
balla345 wrote:The only paring that makes sense is the Bam-Jovic and is the one we never use

Spo gave him many opportunities, but he still lacked experience. He struggles to finish in the paint, commits a lot of fouls, and sometimes leaves gaps in defense. Although I appreciate Jovic, our Serbian player, I believe he needs two more seasons to become a solid player in the league.

Agreed, two years from now he is going to be the perfect front court player with Bam.

We can field a triple towers front court with Jovic at SF, Bam at PF, and Yurt at C. :wink:
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,631

Post#342 » by twix2500 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:09 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I’m confused on Roziers role on this team, he had like 5 shot attempts going into the 4th. Playmaking was elite but we’re going to need him to score and need to involve him more there. Hopefully Spo sees that. His speed definitely opens a lot

Jimmy's, Bams and Herro's attempts were good tonight, I think JRich being hot and taking so many shots as he was feeling it was the reason there wasnt enough play calls for him. I doubt we see Super JRich all the time and that's were his touches will come from.

That was Heat basketball though tonight. Strus and Vincent had plenty of those games last year. We found a semblance of identity tonight that didn’t involve the gimmicky DHO offense.

DHO is not a gimmick play. Plus the Heat are the middle of the league in using DHOs. Two of Bams Alleys we're off of DHOs.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,771

Post#343 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:32 pm

contract wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
marson wrote:
Spo gave him many opportunities, but he still lacked experience. He struggles to finish in the paint, commits a lot of fouls, and sometimes leaves gaps in defense. Although I appreciate Jovic, our Serbian player, I believe he needs two more seasons to become a solid player in the league.

Agreed, two years from now he is going to be the perfect front court player with Bam.

We can field a triple towers front court with Jovic at SF, Bam at PF, and Yurt at C. :wink:

I kid you not when saying I really wish we played a big lineup of :

Rozier
Highsmith
Jimmy
Jovic
Bam

I want to see us be the bigger team for once, i think this lineup will really work
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 146,167

Post#344 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:36 pm

twix2500 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
Jimmy's, Bams and Herro's attempts were good tonight, I think JRich being hot and taking so many shots as he was feeling it was the reason there wasnt enough play calls for him. I doubt we see Super JRich all the time and that's were his touches will come from.

That was Heat basketball though tonight. Strus and Vincent had plenty of those games last year. We found a semblance of identity tonight that didn’t involve the gimmicky DHO offense.

DHO is not a gimmick play. Plus the Heat are the middle of the league in using DHOs. Two of Bams Alleys we're off of DHOs.

Surprised to see us only in the middle of the pack. When Duncan is on the floor it always seems like we spam DHO’s with Bam. I know I know it’s our greatest play ever lol
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,817

Post#345 » by Hallstar » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:37 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
Wiltside wrote:JRich in a simplified role at the 2/3 is basically like having Caleb Martin. Which might be why Caleb looks so bad at the moment, he’s playing a lot of 1 and looks uncomfortable af.

In those whack Martin, Rich, Jaime lineups, I’d get Jaime on ball more as he has the moves and handle to get his own, and the savvy to make the right read.

1) Rich is fools gold if I ever saw one. Don't trust him at all. His defense has not helped.

2) undefined roles is a big part of our issues, It's not clear to anyone what exactly are they expeded to do night in night out, it's positinless gone wild, becoming randmoness.

I'm 50/50 on J Rich but 100% on point 2
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#346 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:37 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
contract wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:Agreed, two years from now he is going to be the perfect front court player with Bam.

I kid you not when saying I really wish we played a big lineup of :

Rozier
Highsmith
Jimmy
Jovic
Bam

I want to see us be the bigger team for once, i think this lineup will really work

Actually not a bad idea but would rather just have Martin at the 2 instead of Jagsmith.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#347 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:40 pm

Hallstar wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
Wiltside wrote:JRich in a simplified role at the 2/3 is basically like having Caleb Martin. Which might be why Caleb looks so bad at the moment, he’s playing a lot of 1 and looks uncomfortable af.

In those whack Martin, Rich, Jaime lineups, I’d get Jaime on ball more as he has the moves and handle to get his own, and the savvy to make the right read.

1) Rich is fools gold if I ever saw one. Don't trust him at all. His defense has not helped.

2) undefined roles is a big part of our issues, It's not clear to anyone what exactly are they expeded to do night in night out, it's positinless gone wild, becoming randmoness.

I'm 50/50 on J Rich but 100% on point 2

J Rich going back off ball to his natural position has helped him greatly. Spo had this pie in the sky idea that J Rich was going to be his big PG. Spo thinks he can turn anyone into a PG.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#348 » by twix2500 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:40 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:That was Heat basketball though tonight. Strus and Vincent had plenty of those games last year. We found a semblance of identity tonight that didn’t involve the gimmicky DHO offense.

Surprised to see us only in the middle of the pack. When Duncan is on the floor it always seems like we spam DHO’s with Bam. I know I know it’s our greatest play ever lol

It's not the greatest play ever. It's just a play. I think what you are seeing is sometimes it looks forced when teams have obviously sniffed it out. The same with pick n rolls it looks forced when teams sniff it out. Calling it at the right time vs the right defense.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#349 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:43 pm

twix2500 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

It's not the greatest play ever. It's just a play. I think what you are seeing is sometimes it looks forced when teams have obviously sniffed it out. The same with pick n rolls it looks forced when teams sniff it out. Calling it at the right time vs the right defense.

Yup totally agree with you on this. Guess it’s all about the right balance in order to be deceptive.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#350 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Great breakdown on last night including J Rich finding his groove back in his more comfortable off ball role.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#351 » by twix2500 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:45 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Surprised to see us only in the middle of the pack. When Duncan is on the floor it always seems like we spam DHO’s with Bam. I know I know it’s our greatest play ever lol

Yup totally agree with you on this. Guess it’s all about the right balance in order to be deceptive.

If you want Kelly Olynyk he's the DHO king. He's the one who started the trend

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#352 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:46 pm

Forcing Martin and J Rich to handle PG was just not it. Herro has it in him to play a PG style if he can just dial back on the chucking. He played a great floor game last night and i hope that continues.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#353 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:48 pm

twix2500 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

If you want Kelly Olynyk he's the DHO king. He's the one who started the trend

Ahhhh yes but he has the Kelly keeper that makes it so lethal hahaha. The Bam and Duncan DHO’s always seem meant for Duncan to get off limiting Bam’s offense imo. If we are going to run that have KO have at it with Bam doing business down low. Give me Kelly/Bam front court again atleast to start games.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#354 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:55 pm

Read on Twitter

This right here
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#355 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:57 pm

Bam should start going off once we get this PNR rolling with Rozier and Herro. Bam noted last night he’s always had a great connection with Herro.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#356 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Bam says he’s got 5 years worth of data of his connection with Tyler :wink:
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#357 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:06 pm

Read on Twitter

This was like Penny and Shaq in BlueChips
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#358 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:09 pm

I need more floor game Herro from here on out. Fill up the stat sheet boywonder not the FGA’s.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#359 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:23 pm

Read on Twitter
twix2500
RealGM

Post#360 » by twix2500 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:24 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:I need more floor game Herro from here on out. Fill up the stat sheet boywonder not the FGA’s.
Gotta be careful what you ask for. Kings did something interesting. They decided to put their best press defender on Rozier not Tyler. The kings decided to put their power forward on Tyler and that gave Herro a lot of space. Like Dragic Herro is excellent when given space. It appears the Kings got scared of Rozier scoring output last game and dared Herro to shoot Herro took advantage of the space and slower defender. Kings wanted to take out Rozier. Good to see Herro think pass first.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Return to Miami Heat