ImageImageImage

2/4 @ 6pm - Clippers @ Heat

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,693

Re: 2/4 @ 6pm - Clippers @ Heat 

Post#481 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:49 am

marson wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Think he’s gassed and needs time off, he’s been asked to do too much on both ends and cover up way too many holes in the roster construction, this happens yearly unfortunately. He hasn’t been the same since he came back

This reminds me of the year Bam had to deal with Ariza and Harkless at the 4 and he looked gassed as hell against the Bucks and we got swept

100% I think we need to go back to Bam / Love front court in the play-ins/playoffs eventually if no trades will happen.

Spo went with this combo last year with Zeller at backup Center but now he solely has Love at backup Center. Love has been put in some awful situations trying to protect the paint
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,150

Post#482 » by Bourne85 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:50 am

marson wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:It’s been 50 games now. .500 club. Play in once again. Hopefully, once we get sent home 1st-2nd round we can stop pretending that we will just turn it on. Realize that our best course of action is to blow this team up and start a 3-4 year rebuild. Guys like Jimmy and Bam can bring back a ton of value. Tyler and Scary can get us a couple things here an there. You have to know when you are beat. Can’t keep hoping for lil playoff miracles man

Honest question, who are you keeping in this team?

Not one person. Just get back picks and young players. Warriors are desperate, Jimmy can land us Kuminga and a couple first. Bam would be HIGHLY sought after and would land us better package than Jazz got for Gobert. Send Tyler Scary Duncan Caleb etc etc every last one of them packing and for ONCE do a real rebuild. OKC did it, now look at them. They got their Superstar, probably 2 with Chet and stil have 50 picks and cap space to keep going. This lil under dog story was nice, and I did enjoy it. But when it’s time, it’s time.

This season was lost in the offseason. There’s no recovering from it. It’s time to start over
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,219

Post#483 » by Flash4thewin » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:53 am

twix2500 wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:You may be right and it’s savagely dissapointing.

Thats not right, we will move Heaven and Earth to lower that tax bill.
This year is the Heat last chance for this core. If it fails they will start remodeling the team.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I honestly wonder how much faith they ever had in this core. Based on our actions or better yet said inactions, one cant be faulted for thinking our front office has had little to no faith in it.
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,919

Post#484 » by marson » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:54 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
marson wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:This reminds me of the year Bam had to deal with Ariza and Harkless at the 4 and he looked gassed as hell against the Bucks and we got swept

100% I think we need to go back to Bam / Love front court in the play-ins/playoffs eventually if no trades will happen.

Spo went with this combo last year with Zeller at backup Center but now he solely has Love at backup Center. Love has been put in some awful situations trying to protect the paint

Maybe preserving Love's body for playoffs?

Sometimes we just gotta keep it simple. Just let Bam have a partner in the front court who can rebound and shoot.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,693

Post#485 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:54 am

Bourne85 wrote:
marson wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:It’s been 50 games now. .500 club. Play in once again. Hopefully, once we get sent home 1st-2nd round we can stop pretending that we will just turn it on. Realize that our best course of action is to blow this team up and start a 3-4 year rebuild. Guys like Jimmy and Bam can bring back a ton of value. Tyler and Scary can get us a couple things here an there. You have to know when you are beat. Can’t keep hoping for lil playoff miracles man

Not one person. Just get back picks and young players. Warriors are desperate, Jimmy can land us Kuminga and a couple first. Bam would be HIGHLY sought after and would land us better package than Jazz got for Gobert. Send Tyler Scary Duncan Caleb etc etc every last one of them packing and for ONCE do a real rebuild. OKC did it, now look at them. They got their Superstar, probably 2 with Chet and stil have 50 picks and cap space to keep going. This lil under dog story was nice, and I did enjoy it. But when it’s time, it’s time.

This season was lost in the offseason. There’s no recovering from it. It’s time to start over

Ummm this seems a bit dramatic. There’s no reason to trade Bam ever as he’ll always be a major anchor to any defensive scheme we have here. It’s time to build a proper team around Bam. He’s had to deal with patchwork PF’s since he’s been here. Only had Crowder and Tucker for a year a piece. Pretty sad for a proud franchise who used to hang it’s hat on lunch pail physical PF’s
Bourne85
General Manager

Post#486 » by Bourne85 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:01 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:
marson wrote:

Ummm this seems a bit dramatic. There’s no reason to trade Bam ever as he’ll always be a major anchor to any defensive scheme we have here. It’s time to build a proper team around Bam. He’s had to deal with patchwork PF’s since he’s been here. Only had Crowder and Tucker for a year a piece. Pretty sad for a proud franchise you used to hang it’s hat on lunch pail physical PF’s

There is a reason. As much as I like Bam, he’s showed he doesn’t have what it takes.We need to get in the draft and land our next Wade, our first Luka. Then, being a Miami team, guys will come. This ain’t Dallas or Orlando. It’s only a temporary bottoming out.

Besides Bam wasn’t Bam when he got here, we created Bam. We molded him to what we needed. We can mold the next guy.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,525

Post#487 » by twix2500 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:03 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:
Thats not right, we will move Heaven and Earth to lower that tax bill.
This year is the Heat last chance for this core. If it fails they will start remodeling the team.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I honestly wonder how much faith they ever had in this core. Based on our actions or better yet said inactions, one cant be faulted for thinking our front office has had little to no faith in it.

They kept trying to trade Herro for another core player so yeah they wasnt sold enough to sell the future to build around them.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,132

Post#488 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:10 am

Bourne85 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:

Ummm this seems a bit dramatic. There’s no reason to trade Bam ever as he’ll always be a major anchor to any defensive scheme we have here. It’s time to build a proper team around Bam. He’s had to deal with patchwork PF’s since he’s been here. Only had Crowder and Tucker for a year a piece. Pretty sad for a proud franchise you used to hang it’s hat on lunch pail physical PF’s

There is a reason. As much as I like Bam, he’s showed he doesn’t have what it takes.We need to get in the draft and land our next Wade, our first Luka. Then, being a Miami team, guys will come. This ain’t Dallas or Orlando. It’s only a temporary bottoming out.

Besides Bam wasn’t Bam when he got here, we created Bam. We molded him to what we needed. We can mold the next guy.

:lol:
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#489 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:12 am

Just looked at the numbers, you’d think by the posts in this thread that bam was the only one with an off shooting night but Jimmy was also 8-19, Rozier 7-17, Jamie 3-11, damn. Just a few more made baskets and we could’ve beat the best team in the league tonight
#FreeBam
twix2500
RealGM

Post#490 » by twix2500 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:19 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Just looked at the numbers, you’d think by the posts in this thread that bam was the only one with an off shooting night but Jimmy was also 8-19, Rozier 7-17, Jamie 3-11, damn. Just a few more made baskets and we could’ve beat the best team in the league tonight

Bam deserves it. Because Rozier, Butler and Jamie had elie defenders on them in George and Leonard, meanwhile Bam had Zubac or Plumblee. He's missing too many easy shots. However not having a floor spacer limited the offense.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#491 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:21 am

twix2500 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Just looked at the numbers, you’d think by the posts in this thread that bam was the only one with an off shooting night but Jimmy was also 8-19, Rozier 7-17, Jamie 3-11, damn. Just a few more made baskets and we could’ve beat the best team in the league tonight

Bam deserves it. Because Rozier, Butler and Jamie had elie defenders on them in George and Leonard, meanwhile Bam had Zubac or Plumblee. He's missing too many easy shots. However not have a floor spacer limited the offense.

Sure if it was single coverage I’d agree but literally every team collapses and throws multiple guys on him when he touches. Kawhi specifically came over several times to help. Is what it is, scoring wise they all sucked tonight
#FreeBam
twix2500
RealGM

Post#492 » by twix2500 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:29 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

Bam deserves it. Because Rozier, Butler and Jamie had elie defenders on them in George and Leonard, meanwhile Bam had Zubac or Plumblee. He's missing too many easy shots. However not have a floor spacer limited the offense.

Sure if it was single coverage I’d agree but literally every team collapses and throws multiple guys on him when he touches. Kawhi specifically came over several times to help. Is what it is, scoring wise they all sucked tonight

Bam has to accept that and draw fouls. That's what elite players do. We does take on the challenge he just flat out misses when he beats his man to his spot.

The game was close, elite offensive go too players are difference makers in those scenarios
twix2500
RealGM

Post#493 » by twix2500 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:34 am

As a leader Bam needs to take responsibility for not finishing teams off in close games. He should be at post game conferences taking responsibility. I want to see Bam taking these games to heart. This is not supposed to be Roziers team or even Butlers team anymore. He needs to start accepting the pressure
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,501

Post#494 » by Beenie » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:34 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Beenie wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Yeah we can probably get one in the buyout market or if you trade Duncan for Bogi or KO well that’s your shooter but the difference is it’s coming from a position of need

Admittedly, I haven’t looked at KO’s numbers but merely going off of his previous stint with MIA, he’s even more likely to have long shooting slumps than Duncan is.

And based on the bubble year, Spo might not even play him in the playoffs unless he’s desperate to mix things up.

But he adds size and top of the key creativity and a starting option with Bam. That’s ok we can keep rolling with a depth chart of Herro, Duncan, and J Rich all occupying the two while we mismanage the rest of the roster. Paying 50 million for two SG’s and having either come of the bench is criminal with the holes we have on this team then you compound J Rich’s recent good play at the 2 and force him back to bumbling backup PG. Assbackwards roster construction.

If Spo sparingly uses him in the playoffs, what does it matter?
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,827

Post#495 » by Daffy » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:56 am

twix2500 wrote:As a leader Bam needs to take responsibility for not finishing teams off in close games. He should be at post game conferences taking responsibility. I want to see Bam taking these games to heart. This is not supposed to be Roziers team or even Butlers team anymore. He needs to start accepting the pressure

The sooner yall realize Bam isn't that guy the sooner it'll stop frustrating yall as much. He's an elite defender with half of a bag that he doesn't even utilize much.
Bourne85
General Manager

Post#496 » by Bourne85 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:04 am

Daffy wrote:
twix2500 wrote:As a leader Bam needs to take responsibility for not finishing teams off in close games. He should be at post game conferences taking responsibility. I want to see Bam taking these games to heart. This is not supposed to be Roziers team or even Butlers team anymore. He needs to start accepting the pressure

The sooner yall realize Bam isn't that guy the sooner it'll stop frustrating yall as much. He's an elite defender with half of a bag that he doesn't even utilize much.

Bingo! Hopefully Pat realizes it’s over and goes full blow it up mode. Bam would command 3-5 FRPs and a young stud. Jimmy would command minimum 2 FRPs and a young stud or 2. Tyler would net us 1 pick (2 if we’re lucky). Caleb, we aren’t re signing this guy, dump him and get a couple seconds/pick swaps. Duncan probably doesn’t have much value, so you weigh keeping him for now. Next year erase Scary from the team like he never happened. The way I see it there is no magical trade that makes us contenders, it’s been 50 games. Once again Play in status. To blow it up now and hit the reset would be huge for this franchise. We just signed Spo to an extension. The perfect coach to have and let him coach a team of young 1st round picks.

The other option is play in/ playoff embarrassment. We aren’t winning with this team, you can bank on that.
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,595

Post#497 » by fishfuego. » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:15 am

Blue Cephalopod wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Fair to say our offensive issues go beyond Tyler

Yeah, his chucking doesn't help but, he's not the only problem.

Herro is going through a stretch just like every Heat player at the moment. It’s mental.
His chucking will be needed once his shot starts falling. This team doesn’t have all World slashers, so chucker today, scorer tomorrow.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,467

Post#498 » by insfo » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:26 am

marson wrote:I think we are the only team in the NBA these past 4 years in which our 2 best players are not a threat in the 3-point line.

It's a miracle we made 2 out of 4 finals because of that.

Can't think of another team that has these major flaws.

Jimmy is now shooting at Curry levels from 3 :o

Unfortunately Bam has gone the other direction even on his mid range game.
HeatFan_NC
Sophomore
And1: 312

Post#499 » by HeatFan_NC » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:29 am

The fact that Herro didn't play tonight might signal that a trade could be on the horizon.

The only way this roster will get anywhere is if we trade for a legit starting PF that can shoot, rebound, and defend.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#500 » by twix2500 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:34 am

Bourne85 wrote:
Daffy wrote:

Bingo! Hopefully Pat realizes it’s over and goes full blow it up mode. Bam would command 3-5 FRPs and a young stud. Jimmy would command minimum 2 FRPs and a young stud or 2. Tyler would net us 1 pick (2 if we’re lucky). Caleb, we aren’t re signing this guy, dump him and get a couple seconds/pick swaps. Duncan probably doesn’t have much value, so you weigh keeping him for now. Next year erase Scary from the team like he never happened. The way I see it there is no magical trade that makes us contenders, it’s been 50 games. Once again Play in status. To blow it up now and hit the reset would be huge for this franchise. We just signed Spo to an extension. The perfect coach to have and let him coach a team of young 1st round picks.

The other option is play in/ playoff embarrassment. We aren’t winning with this team, you can bank on that.

I am not frustrated. This team needs him to do it. The team paid him and now gave him the title as captain. Like I said years ago about the Simmons and Embiid debate about them taking the next step. Many people use to argue with me that Embiid doesnt have it in him or its because he is a big, that the leadership should go to Simmons. I said it the same as I said it with Embiid. He is at the age where the team should sink or swim with the ball in Bam hands. Sink or swim. He is the one player on this team that it should lose or win with im shooting 18 plus shots. Your best player only has 13 fga, that is a win for opponents defense. Everyteam in this league would gamble on Richardson trying to win games, or Richardson being the Heats spacer.

Return to Miami Heat