ImageImageImage

Mia@Minn: To Walk(er) or not to Walk(er)

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Mia@Minn: To Walk(er) or not to Walk(er) 

Post#1 » by Flash3 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:10 pm

:dontknow:

Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Max
Senior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Max » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:24 pm

We have right now the curse of the Shimmy ;) and Miami won't win a 'ship in 86 years!!

G.cracker
Head Coach
And1: 958

Post#3 » by G.cracker » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:56 pm

... or until LOLToine find his bucket.

I'm like Global Warming, you can't ignore me.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,406

Post#4 » by Vertical Limit » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:33 pm

We can not lose to this **** team.
D-Wade
Banned User

Post#5 » by D-Wade » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:19 pm

I wonder if Ricky will have time to stop by a local high school in his former town?

DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,044

Post#6 » by DBurks2818 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:18 pm

Haha, he'll never live that down.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#7 » by Flash3 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:21 am

good news, finally.

Per Sun-Sentinel

There was some good news Monday, with the team announcing that forward Dorell Wright, who had missed the previous three games with a sprained ankle, was on the way to Minnesota and is expected to play in Tuesday's game against the Timberwolves.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Chessboxer
Analyst
And1: 682

Post#8 » by Chessboxer » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:38 am

At first I found it funny that we are a worse team with Walker gone. Until I remembeted that the Wolves are the worst team in the league LOL.
" What I do is attack your ability. I don't have to stand over you and taunt you. You'll know when it's done that I'm better."

-Micheal Jordan
D-Wade
Banned User

Post#9 » by D-Wade » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:24 am

I hope by Dorell "playing" it means more than 10-15 MPG.

Hopefully he didn't laugh during his treatment for the injury. :roll:
Max
Senior

Post#10 » by Max » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:38 am

Chessboxer wrote:At first I found it funny that we are a worse team with Walker gone. Until I remembeted that the Wolves are the worst team in the league LOL.

How funny that you bash yet again on Walker(subtle shot however) but Wolves lost KG and are Rebuilding, Miami are supposed to "contend"

Wolves have all the reasons to be the worst team in the league, but Miami dosen't have any excuse to be the 2nd worst team ;)

So even if we don't like it Miami is worst with Walker gone, even though Posey and Kapono gone too didn't help

Miami's worst with Ricky Davis in ;) he's a Marbury. Team that Ricky touches team that sucks instanty

dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#11 » by dflash3 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:17 am

Max wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How funny that you bash yet again on Walker(subtle shot however) but Wolves lost KG and are Rebuilding, Miami are supposed to "contend"

Wolves have all the reasons to be the worst team in the league, but Miami dosen't have any excuse to be the 2nd worst team ;)

So even if we don't like it Miami is worst with Walker gone, even though Posey and Kapono gone too didn't help

Miami's worst with Ricky Davis in ;) he's a Marbury. Team that Ricky touches team that sucks instanty

Its not Ricky's fault the Heat are doing so poorly. The Heat as a whole are performing miserably, which is nullifying any offensive impact he brings. The Heat could replace Ricky with Smush and they would still have the same record. Sorry, but the Heat's current record isn't a testament to Walker being greater than Ricky.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,812

Post#12 » by tsherkin » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:07 am

No Shaq + playing against Al Jefferson = bad juju.

Minny sucks but if they're going to win one, Miami is definitely the place.
Max
Senior

Post#13 » by Max » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:38 pm

dflash3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Its not Ricky's fault the Heat are doing so poorly. The Heat as a whole are performing miserably, which is nullifying any offensive impact he brings. The Heat could replace Ricky with Smush and they would still have the same record. Sorry, but the Heat's current record isn't a testament to Walker being greater than Ricky.

Miami's so bad, is unfair to blame it on Ricky alone but pl like t use one player as a scapegoat so I used Ricky the same way ppl used Walker

If you seen well Miami lost a whole bunch of games in the 4th quarter and Ricky Davis sucks in the 4th that's a scientific fact, he's takn so many stupid shots especially in the 4th that costs us games so a good load of our losses fall into Ricky shoulders like it or not

Number34
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#14 » by Number34 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:42 pm

tsherkin wrote:No Shaq + playing against Al Jefferson = bad juju.

damnit.....trust tsherkin to come in and crush all hopes....
TheGreatPooter
Banned User

Post#15 » by TheGreatPooter » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:15 pm

tsherkin wrote:No Shaq + playing against Al Jefferson = bad juju.

he had 22 20 even when shaq was playing :clap:
Shaq_Diesel
Senior
And1: 105

Post#16 » by Shaq_Diesel » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:11 pm

I know we're bad...but only 1.5 favorites at Minnesota? I'm looking through my Heat goggles, but I don't know how the hell we don't cover that against the worst team in the league...

I'm dropping the money I won on LSU on the Heat.
Formerly known as Caron_Butler, Shaq_Diesel...lifelong Heat fan. GO HEAT!
HeatInOhio
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#17 » by HeatInOhio » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:54 pm

Shaq_Diesel wrote:I know we're bad...but only 1.5 favorites at Minnesota? I'm looking through my Heat goggles, but I don't know how the hell we don't cover that against the worst team in the league...

I'm dropping the money I won on LSU on the Heat.

With no Shaq and a banged up Wade, we're strong candidates for worst team in the league ourselves. Not much of a surprise. Unless of course Riley unleashes the secret weapon "light em up Luke" tonight.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,805

Post#18 » by Calinks » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:49 pm

People are ragging on the wolves over here? Heat fans really shouldn't have much to say right now. We might even have the same record if Randy Foye and Theo Ratliff had played this season. At least people expected the wolves to be garbage.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#19 » by dflash3 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:16 pm

Max wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Miami's so bad, is unfair to blame it on Ricky alone but pl like t use one player as a scapegoat so I used Ricky the same way ppl used Walker

If you seen well Miami lost a whole bunch of games in the 4th quarter and Ricky Davis sucks in the 4th that's a scientific fact, he's takn so many stupid shots especially in the 4th that costs us games so a good load of our losses fall into Ricky shoulders like it or not

Compared to Ricky every single shot Walker took as a Heat seemed like a stupid forced up shot. Even his free throws were nearly guaranteed to miss. His performance last season was so poor he became nothing but a black hole that didn't contribute throughout the game. Ricky at least contributes during the first to third quarter with his offense keeping the Heat close in the game until his IQ comes into play and he throws the game away.

Ricky is playing the way Heat fans expected Walker to play which is to become a reliable third scoring option with some decision making issues. All Walker had was inconsistency and low basketball IQ.
Max
Senior

Post#20 » by Max » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:06 pm

Bleh Justifying mediocrity

We are worst with Ricky in

Yes Walker didn't play well neither but at least he delivered when needed most ;) Ricky is nothing like Walker in that department

Return to Miami Heat