Dakid21KG
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Kobasew traded!!!! 

Post#1 » by Dakid21KG » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:36 am

Are you kidding me PC??? This is just ridiculous

For a good prospect alex fallstrom
and Craig Weller

PC this just makes my jaw drop. Why trade chuck. I no he hasnt played well, but now who does he expect to play with bergy and recchi?

Brad merchant is the only one I would even like to see

Maybe this is free cap for kovalchuck? Or maybe a trade is brewing?

Idk I just loved this guy, I hate seeing him leave
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Re: Kobasew traded!!!! 

Post#2 » by Celtics_Champs » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:15 pm

Hmmm. Don't know much about fallstrom but this is a weird trade. Before the season people were screaming that if you didn't have cap for Kess, you trade koby away. They keep him, trade kess, now a few weeks later trade him. Maybe it is for Kovy, or a big trade, but I won't get my hopes up.

Too bad, I really liked Chuck. I hope he does well in minny.
Dakid21KG
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by Dakid21KG » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:52 pm

Now that ive had a day or two just to clear my thoughts on this chucky trade. I am still extremly sad to watch this guy go. He reminded me of the way I like to play. Get in the corners, skate hard, and just play with intensity. I will miss that from him.

But I have come to a conclusion. Brad merchant is going to be a very good player in my eyes. This kid was tremendous in the preseason. He and bergeron seemed to have a good chemistry already. I can see him putting up about 17-20 goal this season as a rookie. I hope i am right, cause if im not, then this trade will look even worse than it does now.
HeelSox
Bench Warmer

Post#4 » by HeelSox » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:00 pm

the trade was made for purely cap room. If this move wasn't made, and another player went down with Lucic already down, the Bruins would not have been able to call anyone up from Providence cap wise...this trade was made to create a little breathing room.
"The guy is an idiot," Pedroia said regarding Cabrera. "I dropped my bat. It kind of freaked me out. I was upset they took him out of the game. He is good to hit. He's 9-15. The guy [stinks]."

Return to Boston Bruins