Welcome to the Calgary Flames Board

moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Welcome to the Calgary Flames Board 

Post#1 » by moose man » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:01 am

Good to see that realgm has finally got a forum for each league.
On this particulary board we can talk about all doing's with the best team in the nhl...the Calgary Flames!!! :wink:
Marmoset
Veteran
And1: 563

Post#2 » by Marmoset » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:06 am

It's great that they're finally starting to play like the team I thought they were - I can't believe how close they came to missing the playoffs.

I wonder if they tinkered with the roster a bit too much, although I can't say I blame them, as it was becoming apparent that the roster that went to the Stanley Cup finals was never going to get back there. One thing is for sure, whoever gets them in the first round won't be excited to see them.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by moose man » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:37 am

I agree with you Marmoset about maybe it was too much tinkering, however I think they needed a guy like Primeau so they have that big body that can play on the fourth line, penalty kill, win face offs and do all the little things.

They needed another top dman like Stuart to play on the PP and the PK and mort importantly so Zuzyn has to ride as much pine as possible.

They needed Conroy to come back so they have a number 1 center that can play the power play, the penalty kill and be out there for key faceoffs.

They needed time to gel as big shakeups can chage a lot of things in the dressing room. I think we are finally seeing this team gel as a unit. They have been playing very well of late beating good teams in Minnesota, Nashville, Detroit and Vancouver. No one wants to see us in the first round especially with Kipper getting hot lately. They needed a run like this heading into the playoffs and so far they are getting hot at the right time.
Turnpikebandit
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 300

Post#4 » by Turnpikebandit » Mon Apr 2, 2007 12:47 pm

Hey guys, looks like I'm your mod for these parts. Looking forward to watching and talking Flames during what looks to be a great post-season run.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#5 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:35 pm

Well it is great we have the forums now we need the fans and the knowledgeable poster.

Win the cup and its possible we get lots of fans coming here.

We are built for the playoffs.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by moose man » Mon Apr 2, 2007 7:00 pm

If you go to any other NHL boards, the Calgary forum usually has a pretty solid fan base so its just a matter of time.
Agreeed Child_Prodigy, we have the playoff ecperience, the big bodies, the depth, the defense and most importantly the Goaltending to surprise a lot of teams.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#7 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Apr 3, 2007 9:37 am

i see us like a worse version of the pistons in hockey. they were built for the playoffs wiht great defense and pplayers who could score or help chip in.

the only thing that has kept us from winning games is playfair and rich preston. playfair is a good assitant but preston is horrible.

\do what the devils did, fire Playfair and bring back Sutter.

Return to Calgary Flames