ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,415

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst 

Post#1521 » by RiotPunch » Mon May 20, 2024 5:50 am

MKE: Grimes, DET '27 1st (lottery protected)
DET: Portis, #33

#2:
MKE: Brooks, Adams, Eason
HOU: Bridges, Lopez
BKN: Connaughton, Landale, Whitmore, Beauchamp, BKN picks returned, DET '27 1st (lottery protected)
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
tsamo
Junior
And1: 212

Post#1522 » by tsamo » Mon May 20, 2024 7:57 am

Do we have any news whatsoever about Giannis and his injury?
How is it progrssing? As expected? Can he run yet? etc..
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,834

Post#1523 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon May 20, 2024 12:14 pm

RiotPunch wrote:#1
MKE: Grimes, DET '27 1st (lottery protected)
DET: Portis, #33

#2:
MKE: Brooks, Adams, Eason
HOU: Bridges, Lopez
BKN: Connaughton, Landale, Whitmore, Beauchamp, BKN picks returned, DET '27 1st (lottery protected)

We're not a good offensive team anymore after this deal. You've done better.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,631

Post#1524 » by PG Graveyard » Mon May 20, 2024 12:30 pm

tsamo wrote:Do we have any news whatsoever about Giannis and his injury?

He must be ok he’s at Disneyland right now.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 589

Post#1525 » by bdpecore » Mon May 20, 2024 2:51 pm

Trade #1:

MIL Out: Lopez, Connaughton, Beauchamp and #23
MIL In: Caruso, Adams, K. Williams, Dieng and #44

OKC Out: K.Williams, Dieng and #12
OKC In: Lopez and #23

CHI Out: Caruso
CHI In: #12 and Beauchamp

HOU Out: Adams and
HOU In: Connaughton

Trade #2

MIL Out: Portis and #44
MIL In: Josh Green

DAL Out: Josh Green
DAL In: Portis and #44

PG - Lillard, Caruso
SG - Caruso, AJ Green, AJJ
SF - Middleton, J. Green, McCullar Jr (#33)
PF - Giannis, Williams, Dieng
C - Adams, Giannis
bdpecore
Assistant Coach

Post#1526 » by bdpecore » Mon May 20, 2024 2:57 pm

randy84 wrote:
soboMP3 wrote:Ugh, Edey screams total NBA bust to me.

How many guys bust that are picked at 23?

I'd rather draft someone with one elite skill like Ryan Dunn than gamble on a guy like Edey. At least Dunn fills a glaring roster need and could be our version of Thybulle. Also, if Doc plans to switch on every screen then DaRon Holmes II seems like a better fit.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,384

Post#1527 » by ReasonablySober » Mon May 20, 2024 3:06 pm

bdpecore wrote:
randy84 wrote:
soboMP3 wrote:Ugh, Edey screams total NBA bust to me.

How many guys bust that are picked at 23?

I'd rather draft someone with one elite skill like Ryan Dunn than gamble on a guy like Edey. At least Dunn fills a glaring roster need and could be our version of Thybulle. Also, if Doc plans to switch on every screen then DaRon Holmes II seems like a better fit.

Eh, I think Eddy's probably the definition of someone with one elite skill in this draft. It's being huge.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach

Post#1528 » by bdpecore » Mon May 20, 2024 3:09 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
bdpecore wrote:
randy84 wrote:How many guys bust that are picked at 23?

Eh, I think Eddy's probably the definition of someone with one elite skill in this draft. It's being huge.

Valid point but IMO his lack of athleticism makes him unplayable in most playoff series.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,235

Post#1529 » by Ron Swanson » Mon May 20, 2024 3:12 pm

I don't think the solution to getting "younger, more athletic, and better defensively" is to surround Dame/Giannis/Khris with an entire roster of guys that are allergic to putting the ball through the hoop. Part of the reason why I'm not the biggest Caruso fan. You still need guys that can shoot and/or put the ball on the floor and actually create some offense.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,232

Post#1530 » by FrieAaron » Mon May 20, 2024 3:18 pm

bdpecore wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
bdpecore wrote:I'd rather draft someone with one elite skill like Ryan Dunn than gamble on a guy like Edey. At least Dunn fills a glaring roster need and could be our version of Thybulle. Also, if Doc plans to switch on every screen then DaRon Holmes II seems like a better fit.

Valid point but IMO his lack of athleticism makes him unplayable in most playoff series.

His combine speed drills were slightly faster than Rudy Goberts. He'll be a plodder, but I think his speed making him unplayable in the NBA is being overblown. I do think he's a pretty questionable fit next to Giannis, though.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,235

Post#1531 » by Ron Swanson » Mon May 20, 2024 3:59 pm

Do people think it's a coincidence that the only dudes 7'2 or above that have stuck as impact guys in this league, are the ones with outlier skill, shooting, quickness, and freakish athleticism? Those guys, the true unicorn bigs, are always getting drafted in the Top-5 or #1 overall (Embiid, Porzingis, Wemby, Chet, Yao).

Like, that one example of it working out for a guy minus even 1-2 of those traits in the past two decades (Gobert) can only do so much legwork here. You're banking on a much less talented dude somehow bucking a trend that actually started way before the 3PT revolution and space & pace era. I just don't understand the Combine Edey hype at all.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,302

Post#1532 » by DingleJerry » Mon May 20, 2024 4:12 pm

Yup and Gobert is much quicker/shiftier to be much more passable on the switching/perimeter aspects required on D now. I don't know or care what combine metrics say on that, we can see it in the games. And we all know he's still had his issues at times in the playoffs too.

Yet we're going to watch NBA GMs continue doing it again with him and the Uconn C, and probably more guys I don't know of. Even with all this change the last 10 years they still can't fully quit the past fascination on traditional bigs.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,982

Post#1533 » by jschligs » Mon May 20, 2024 4:17 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Do people think it's a coincidence that the only dudes 7'2 or above that have stuck as impact guys in this league, are the ones with outlier skill, shooting, quickness, and freakish athleticism? Those guys, the true unicorn bigs, are always getting drafted in the Top-5 or #1 overall (Embiid, Porzingis, Wemby, Chet, Yao).

Like, that one example of it working out for a guy minus even 1-2 of those traits in the past two decades (Gobert) can only do so much legwork here. You're banking on a much less talented dude somehow bucking a trend that actually started way before the 3PT revolution and space & pace era. I just don't understand the Combine Edey hype at all.

I want nothing to do with Edey. I see almost no fit on the team as-is and if I'm taking a flier its not on him.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,982

Post#1534 » by tydett » Mon May 20, 2024 4:26 pm

I don't particularly care nor want Edey, but I do wonder how many of the folks who don't believe in Edey and think he's trash also hated Walker Kessler
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,778

Post#1535 » by chonestown » Mon May 20, 2024 4:54 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
bdpecore wrote:
randy84 wrote:How many guys bust that are picked at 23?

Huge is a mind state not a skill.imo
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,232

Post#1536 » by FrieAaron » Mon May 20, 2024 5:00 pm

New Article on B/R today about how teams are monitoring Giannis' status with the Bucks :roll:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,384

Post#1537 » by ReasonablySober » Mon May 20, 2024 5:11 pm

FrieAaron wrote:New Article on B/R today about how teams are monitoring Giannis' status with the Bucks :roll:

Was curious to see what the article said so I visited B/R for the first time in maybe a decade and HOLY ****. Might be the most poorly designed website I've ever seen. Just an endless stream of unorganized social media posts.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,689

Post#1538 » by -Jragon- » Mon May 20, 2024 5:28 pm

tsamo wrote:Do we have any news whatsoever about Giannis and his injury?

He's been ruled doubtful for game 7
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,689

Post#1539 » by -Jragon- » Mon May 20, 2024 5:31 pm

FrieAaron wrote:New Article on B/R today about how teams are monitoring Giannis' status with the Bucks :roll:

So NBA teams monitor the other teams also that are in the NBA? We should nominate them for the Pulitzer Prize
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,834

Post#1540 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon May 20, 2024 5:41 pm

Thanks for not linking to it. Don't feed them clicks

Return to Milwaukee Bucks