humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,340

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS, RACE OR RELIGION] 

Post#1841 » by humanrefutation » Tue Jan 9, 2024 10:20 pm

Finn wrote:
jute2003 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Every six months I try a sparkling water thinking the results will be different.
The only kinda sparkly water thing I've found that doesn't suck is bubbl'rs

I enjoy Sparkling Ice.

Sparkling Ice is pretty good, but I don't really consider it to be "sparkling water" because it has other ingredients, including sucralose. Compare that to LaCroix or Perrier, which is literally just natural flavor and carbonated water.

I was never really a sparkling water person myself until about a year ago. Suddenly, I found myself really enjoying certain flavors of LaCroix and Perrier Strawberry.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,340

Post#1842 » by humanrefutation » Tue Jan 9, 2024 10:26 pm

This has been my go-to breakfast recently. Incredibly tasty and fairly straightforward to make. So **** flavorful and tasty.

Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,366

Post#1843 » by Mags FTW » Tue Jan 9, 2024 10:42 pm

I OD'd on Sparkling Ice a few years ago. Drank too much of it and it just started tasting weird.

Big into Gatorade Zero now.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,384

Post#1844 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jan 9, 2024 10:45 pm

I picked up five sparkling ice tonight. Will report back.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,884

Post#1845 » by engelmartin » Tue Jan 9, 2024 11:30 pm

I’m still a LaCroix guy
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,313

Post#1846 » by Finn » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:16 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I picked up five sparkling ice tonight. Will report back.

IMO, there are some great flavors & some that are horrible (YMMV). So I hope you bought multiple flavors to try.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1847 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:18 am

Finn wrote:

IMO, there are some great flavors & some that are horrible (YMMV). So I hope you bought multiple flavors to try.

I picked up a few pink grapefruit (love grapefruit so I'll always check that flavor out), a black cherry, a lemon lime, and an orange mango. Which ones do you recommend?
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,313

Post#1848 » by Finn » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:22 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Finn wrote:

I picked up a few pink grapefruit (love grapefruit so I'll always check that flavor out), a black cherry, a lemon lime, and an orange mango. Which ones do you recommend?

Black cherry & black raspberry are my favorites. Pink grapefruit is good, lemon lime OK. Don't like anything mango (I'm weird). Cherry limeade & classic lemonade pretty good. Coconut pineapple is garbage.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,966

Post#1849 » by stellation » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:00 am

Finn wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Finn wrote:IMO, there are some great flavors & some that are horrible (YMMV). So I hope you bought multiple flavors to try.

Black cherry & black raspberry are my favorites. Pink grapefruit is good, lemon lime OK. Don't like anything mango (I'm weird). Cherry limeade & classic lemonade pretty good. Coconut pineapple is garbage.

Appreciate your acknowledgement that you are weird for not liking anything mango, but still feel the need to chime in and highlight you're a freak nonetheless.

Middle of summer here, and it's mango city around my house baby. Chopped one up and had it with yogurt and granola for breakfast, and by mid morning I was eyeing off a couple I had sitting in the fruit bowl and wondering if they might be ready to go (they are not). We are blessed with amazing/plentiful mangoes in Australia, and many of us go just a little crazy in the summer.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1850 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:11 am

stellation wrote:
Finn wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I picked up a few pink grapefruit (love grapefruit so I'll always check that flavor out), a black cherry, a lemon lime, and an orange mango. Which ones do you recommend?

Appreciate your acknowledgement that you are weird for not liking anything mango, but still feel the need to chime in and highlight you're a freak nonetheless.

Middle of summer here, and it's mango city around my house baby. Chopped one up and had it with yogurt and granola for breakfast, and by mid morning I was eyeing off a couple I had sitting in the fruit bowl and wondering if they might be ready to go (they are not). We are blessed with amazing/plentiful mangoes in Australia, and many of us go just a little crazy in the summer.

Like every other a*shole on the planet I'm starting the new year with a renewed goal of dropping some pounds. Doesn't seem fair to create a diet where I can eat bacon and blue cheese but not an apple or a wonderful, delicious mango.

But hey, can't lose 20 lbs in a month without stuffing your face full of chicken wings.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,818

Post#1851 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:56 am

stellation wrote:
Finn wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I picked up a few pink grapefruit (love grapefruit so I'll always check that flavor out), a black cherry, a lemon lime, and an orange mango. Which ones do you recommend?

Ok that sounds amazing, but I also just saw a pic on Reddit of an Australian wasp the size of my fist being eaten by a spider the size of my torso.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#1852 » by jute2003 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:20 am

I always felt like the sparkling ice were a bit inconsistent and often super syrupy sweet. I preferred the vita ice. Even those seem to get too sweet though. The only ones i can drink are the black raspberry ones.
only a fan, only an opinion
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1853 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:22 am

I love Katie Nolan but I gotta admit, I was a little conflicted watching her take down Dule Hill and Steven Webber tonight in Jeopardy. They played two of my all-time favorite TV show characters, man. :(
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1854 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:48 am

Mags FTW wrote:I OD'd on Sparkling Ice a few years ago. Drank too much of it and it just started tasting weird.

A handful of times a year Festival will have the 28 oz Gatorade Zeros on a big sale. It's usually something like 13 for $10 if you buy ten. It's the only time I buy Gatorade, and then I buy dozens over the course of a handful of trips. Most of the time I just leave them in my car and bring one into work in the morning.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,982

Post#1855 » by jschligs » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:52 am

I really like Gatorlyte.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,053

Post#1856 » by Ryan5UW » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:59 am

I’ll throw another vote at black raspberry sparkling ice. I always have some of those and strawberry lemonade in the fridge.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1857 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:05 am

Speaking of,
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#1858 » by Mags FTW » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:09 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:I OD'd on Sparkling Ice a few years ago. Drank too much of it and it just started tasting weird.

A handful of times a year Festival will have the 28 oz Gatorade Zeros on a big sale. It's usually something like 13 for $10 if you buy ten. It's the only time I buy Gatorade, and then I buy dozens over the course of a handful of trips. Most of the time I just leave them in my car and bring one into work in the morning.

Costco sells them by the case.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1859 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:10 am

Mags FTW wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Just picked up a membership when they came to EC. I'll check this out, thanks.

ETA: Eh, nah. Costco is way more pricey.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#1860 » by Mags FTW » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:15 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Just picked up a membership when they came to EC. I'll check this out, thanks.

They go back and forth between 28 packs of 12oz and 24-packs of the 20oz. I prefer the 20oz. obviously.

Propel is sometimes there in addition to Zero too.
ReasonablySober wrote:ETA: Eh, nah. Costco is way more pricey.

Are you looking at online pricing?

I went 2 weeks ago and the 20-oz. 24-pack was $15.99 with Instant Savings.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks