ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,365

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor 

Post#1941 » by Wooderson » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:22 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:Giannis for KD + whatever they got actually makes a ton of sense. That timeline lines up perfectly with Dame and Khris.

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,026

Post#1942 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:24 pm

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,748

Post#1943 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 pm

How anyone can look at the three of Giannis, Dame, and Khris and determine Giannis is the one to trade is beyond me.
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,257

Post#1944 » by The Wet Whistle » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:38 pm

You guys keep quoting people that should have been on your ignore lists ages ago
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,990

Post#1945 » by BUCKnation » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:38 pm

As Ive said just run it back with the big 3 and retool around them. We built the original roster having both Jrue and Allen and had to build up again on the fly with moves like Pat Bev bc the dame trade was so late.

The biggest mistake by the staff was not at least attempting to keep giving Marjon/AJJ run, at least 10 min a night. Marjon might actually suck but its hard to confirm and he was mostly fine when he actually played, and looked like a decent shooter. AJJ was a bit of a mixed bag but look at him last night looking completely comfortable in a huge game.

Crowder started nicely but the season has clearly worn on him, same with Beas.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#1946 » by BigO » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:25 pm

I would have loved to see more of the bench too, but I can't fault Doc. He came here late and wanted to put in his system and had to see what he had in the starters. That takes time.

Going forward in this series, though, you need players who have the possibility of bringing added value.

I don't see the added value in PC and Crowder. Crowder has been bad on defense and PC is a placeholder. He rarely screws up, but he doesn't bring an offensive or defensive presence.

Portis is much better suited as a sixth man paired with Giannis, so Giannis can play center.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,001

Post#1947 » by Matches Malone » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:41 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:If the organization doesn't see blow it up as an option then Giannis for KD + whatever they got actually makes a ton of sense. That timeline lines up perfectly with Dame and Khris.

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,002

Post#1948 » by drew881 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:57 pm

All those people talking about getting younger now. Did you like picking up Galinari at the deadline?
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,057

Post#1949 » by German Athens » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:45 pm

If we lose in the first round, my biggest worry is the owners blowing it up, because they don’t want to spend big money since we bounced out early in the playoffs two years in a row.

If they remain committed, I think this roster could get changed over quickly for the better. They don’t need a lot, they just need the right type of players.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,106

Post#1950 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:51 pm

BigO wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
BigO wrote:Here's the Bucks trade value from most to least, not counting Giannis:

Dame
Bobby
Brook
KM

No one else is worth mentioning. Maybe someone gives a second rounder for PC.

please update this.

Great game by KM, but I've always thought he was worth more to the Bucks than to any other team. No team is going to trade for KM because of his age, unless they are on the verge of winning a championship and he is the missing piece.

And then you add in the injury history and his contract and I doubt a contender will want to take that risk. If you were the Bucks and they needed a player like KM, would you throw all that money at someone with his history, age and contract?

with the contract he has.... and what he does over and over and over when it matters most......every up and coming team in the league probably values KM over the other 3 and literally its not even close imo. for us i wish we had two of him. hell i think he has more worth than bobby and brook combined
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,106

Post#1951 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:52 pm

The Wet Whistle wrote:You guys keep quoting people that should have been on your ignore lists ages ago

millions of nba fans and most talking heads are talking about what we dont want to here and your answer is to put them on ignore?

good on you

if were going to run it back, or a massive reset around giannis, or a total tear down is one of the 3 options. theres legitimate merit to every single option. the idea we wouldnt discuss all 3 options when it IS THE DISCUSSION is nuts.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,629

Post#1952 » by JayMKE » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:58 pm

Any hope I have for this core is tempered severely by the fact they're so old and highly paid, we can't get quality roleplayers around them be it the draft or FA so we're stuck on old ass ring chasers and whatever undrafted guy we put misplaced expectations on. Dame, Brook, Khris put us at too much of a match up disadvantage defensively; they need to be on fire from 3 to break and even then they're still going to get targeted. That's without even getting into the fact our next guy up with Bobby Portis & Malik Beasley, I guess thats why ancient Pat Beverley is a starter now. Indy has not impressed me with their play, they've been very beatable. Giannis being hurt really sucks since that's going to be justification to run it back, I just don't expect much better results maybe better health IF we're lucky but it could be worse for all we know knock on wood.
FREE GIANNIS
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#1953 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:06 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:How anyone can look at the three of Giannis, Dame, and Khris and determine Giannis is the one to trade is beyond me.

That's the 2nd option. #1 option is trade everyone. If that's not feasible for whatever bs reason then trading Giannis for KD is still a championship or bust move and the timeline lines up better. Plus you get some additional assets.

30 year old Giannis with all these injuries vs KD and some assets is not as big of a drop off as some of you seem to think.

Running it back is crazy, we could easily get bounced in the first or second round again. Teams are improving around us while we get older and more injury prone.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,921

Post#1954 » by Fotis St » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:07 pm

Horst abandoning the ship early is evidence or him being guilty for messing up the Head Coach job and not finding an athletic wing for 4 years.

I still can't believe I have wasted my talent posting comments on a basketball forum and that dude is a millionaire. I am the one to blame.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#1955 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:10 pm

It's absolutely insane that every team has 1-3 athletic wings and we have had 0 for years.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#1956 » by Bernman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:20 pm

Don't know what Horst is good at, besides skirting the Stepien rule (they need a Horst rule). The only thing that could save him is Giannis not coming back until this series is done. 100% he'd get fired if they got bounced in the 1st rd again. He's the lone holdover.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,629

Post#1957 » by JayMKE » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:26 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:How anyone can look at the three of Giannis, Dame, and Khris and determine Giannis is the one to trade is beyond me.

That's the 2nd option. #1 option is trade everyone. If that's not feasible for whatever bs reason then trading Giannis for KD is still a championship or bust move and the timeline lines up better. Plus you get some additional assets.

30 year old Giannis with all these injuries vs KD and some assets is not as big of a drop off as some of you seem to think.

What part of the experiment in Phoenix makes you want to build around KD and Dame? You think they're more likely to stay healthy than Giannis too huh? Giannis doesn't need to 3 step the whole court to be athletic or useful. He could be the most intimidating big in the league if he were more limited offensively.

The issue with the team right now is that the dog don't hunt, we can't make old unathletic poor defenders into something they're not no matter who we have coaching or what scheme they have them play. We've got great individual scorers but they don't compliment each other well & all like taking turns pounding the ball, its not surprising to see that box scores get more impressive the more load they have to carry.

Shooting is inherently streaky, I've never been confident in depending on their shots being there when you need them even with the so called snipers. Too many examples of inexplicably bad shooting from Bucks players acquired just for that, dunno what it is. I cringe watching the NBA now with the amount of 3 point spam, I guess it goes in enough for it to be the way all teams play but I hate it.
FREE GIANNIS
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,921

Post#1958 » by Fotis St » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:31 pm

There are alot superstars ready to blow their teams up ... the Suns, the Warriors, the Lakers ... add some semi superstars from the Bulls ... all we need is a Khris for ...... trade. Maybe the Pelicans would love Khris for a playoff run.
I have said that in my honest opinion Giannis and Lillard are now hurt cause Khris missed alot of games and was on minutes restriction etc. He is the cause we had to tear our superstars apart to have a decent record. It sounds unfair for Khris but that is what I experienced as a fan during the regular season.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#1959 » by Bernman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 pm

blazza18 wrote:Dame and Midds have both shown enough in the playoffs that have me kinda optimistic about a two year window if the GM can find the right players to put around them and Giannis.

Then what? You'd have exhausted the Dame (and Midds) assets, and given Giannis cause to leave w/ the cupboard bare, while not controlling any of our firsts for five more years in life afterward.

I'd take DeJounte Murray & young role guys in a 3-way trade, same goes for Mikal Bridges. I don't know if this inherently makes the Bucks worse now, due to Dame's lack of defense & chemistry w/ Giannis. While it extends the Championship window.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,180

Post#1960 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:50 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks