Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Re: PG Pacers Game 3: Loss 

Post#241 » by BigO » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 pm

Debit One wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
There isn't any anti-BP bias here. I watched the game. [b]The dude couldn't find a board to save his life when it mattered. The box score is irrelevant.[/b]

I'm not saying that because I hate Bobby. I love his energy out there. I'm saying that because Brook and Bobby were getting outhustled for rebounds by Pacer guards.

100% in agreement on this.

Watching Bobby stand motionless, waiting for a rebound to fall into his arms only to see Andrew Nembhard run in from the side to grab it, was infuriating.

It's totally valid to criticize an individual play or two or three.

But to make or endorse a statement that a guy who has 18 rebounds "couldn't get a rebound when it mattered" implies the others didn't matter. To be precise, they mattered as much as any of the ones he missed.

Who on that team was going to make up for the 18 rebounds if they sat BP like many wanted to do in the second half?

I get the emotional hot takes, but the Bucks played over their heads in the second half and should be commended.

If you're going to criticize a player who missed rebounds, then show some objectivity and commend him for everything else he did right to get the team in the position to win or lose at the end.
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#242 » by MiltownMadness » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:01 pm

Yeah Bobby was awful, just watch the game he was an eye sore and momentum killer. Could never grab a board when it mattered
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,266

Post#243 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:02 pm

Prez wrote:It's easy to nitpick about the age of the roster and whatnot but I'm not sure what was expected with Giannis out

Hang on a second. We’re essentially in the same spot as we were last year versus Miami. Lower seed beating a team without Giannis

But not exactly the same spot, because the organization blew three more years of first round draft capital (2028-2030) for player acquisitions. And last night got the best game out of Middleton in three years. And we’ve blown $56 million on two head coaches.

It was a gritty game, and our guys played hard last night. But at the same time, you could argue the organization is in worse shape than a year ago.

Sorry, still salty about the Bud slander from both the organization and fanbase last May.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#244 » by MiltownMadness » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:06 pm

It was the end of the road with Jrue. It wasn't a mistake getting Dame, that was an excellent trade and I'll always believe that. To be honest it's hard to fault the FO when the centerpiece in his prime can't stay healthy. Blame them for the coaching circus sure, but this is becoming every season. Might have to just load management Kawhi the dude atp. Giannis can't stay healthy with his playstyle
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#245 » by Profound23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:08 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:Yeah Bobby was awful, just watch the game he was an eye sore and momentum killer. Could never grab a board when it mattered

Lopez was worse
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#246 » by MiltownMadness » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:13 pm

Profound23 wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:Yeah Bobby was awful, just watch the game he was an eye sore and momentum killer. Could never grab a board when it mattered

Lopez was worse

Either way AJJ needed to be subbed in for somebody earlier, he should have never left the court. He was on a mission and flipped the game by himself, actually someone who can run with Indy and beat them at their own game. There was a 5 minute stretch later in the game that cost us dearly where Bobby had no business being in over Ajax.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,266

Post#247 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:15 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:It was the end of the road with Jrue. It wasn't a mistake getting Dame, that was an excellent trade and I'll always believe that. To be honest it's hard to fault the FO when the centerpiece in his prime can't stay healthy. Blame them for the coaching circus sure, but this is becoming every season. Might have to just load management Kawhi the dude atp. Giannis can't stay healthy with his playstyle

This team had a healthy Giannis for most of the year, and he turned in record performances. And yet we still looked like crap most nights, and couldn’t get over the 50-win barrier.

Maybe we’ll pull out this Indy series, but we’ve got big roster issues to solve this off-season.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
BigO
Analyst

Post#248 » by BigO » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:15 pm

I agree. :D

If we had another Bobby on the team, we win by 20.
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#249 » by MiltownMadness » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:15 pm

Jrue is trending quickly twards Pat Bev impact and we got near superstar value for him. That trade was **** amazing
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#250 » by MiltownMadness » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:17 pm

We lose by 40 yesterday without Dame btw, who was a +1 despite 30% shooting. His gravity and ability to slow the game down by getting to the line is so **** valuable, excellent playoff player. We would be very hard to beat if the MVP could stay healthy
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#251 » by MiltownMadness » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:18 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:It was the end of the road with Jrue. It wasn't a mistake getting Dame, that was an excellent trade and I'll always believe that. To be honest it's hard to fault the FO when the centerpiece in his prime can't stay healthy. Blame them for the coaching circus sure, but this is becoming every season. Might have to just load management Kawhi the dude atp. Giannis can't stay healthy with his playstyle

This team had a healthy Giannis for most of the year, and he turned in record performances. And yet we still looked like crap most nights, and couldn’t get over the 50-win barrier.

Maybe we’ll pull out this Indy series, but we’ve got big roster issues to solve this off-season.

The regular season doesn't matter with these dudes and the coaching circus, we're up 3-0 right now with a healthy Giannis. We both know that. The crux is Giannis staying healthy, gotta figure that out
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,092

Post#252 » by Siefer » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:19 pm

The Dame trade was incredible. The coaching circus, add a vet roster dogging it during the regular season dragged on the record, but right now our issue is injuries, and it's a huge bummer. The best player in the world is out, and our 2nd and 3rd guys are hobbled.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#253 » by Neuromancer56 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:21 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Is that because no-one else (aside from Pat Bev & Giannis) really gives a crap during the doldrums of the regular season, and they all give their best in the playoffs? Like would we be much better in the playoffs if Giannis were available. I think so. But he and Dame still have some fit issues to work on.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,689

Post#254 » by BroncoBuck » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:21 pm

Bobby is a 6th man being asked to do too much.

Brook Lopez is a 7 foot tall pool noodle. Tired of this **** with him.
BigO
Analyst

Post#255 » by BigO » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:24 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

This is basically wrong.

When the starters were on the court (and that included Beasley for God's sake), the Bucks were a top tier team. But the bench is really bad.

So the decision the front office has to make is do they think this team will be healthy or is this a normal and expected thing. That's a tough decision to make, especially as you pointed out, this is two years in a row.

I'll put the Bucks starting five against any team (especially if you put Pat Bev, AJ or AJJ in there instead of Beasley). And in the playoffs, you only need about three players from the bench.

I really thought the Bucks could win it all this year (not as much last year), but I can't try to find a scapegoat (as many posters want to do) when no one is responsible for injuries.
Neuromancer56
Rookie

Post#256 » by Neuromancer56 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 pm

Any word on how bad Dame's achilles is? Is he going to be a decoy, or will he be able to be a volume scorer still?
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,609

Post#257 » by PG Graveyard » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:26 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:Any word on how bad Dame's achilles is? Is he going to be a decoy, or will he be able to be a volume scorer still?

Shoot him up with Jimmy Butlers roids and get him out there
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,987

Post#258 » by soxperry » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:28 pm

anyone else notice that the game completely flipped when Andre Jackson jr. came in? I dont know enough about basketball to know what we did differently with him in, but all of a sudden they lost their magical ability to create extreme advantages resulting in wide open shots. All of a sudden, we were the Bucks defense again.

He's gotta continue to get minutes now. Just has to.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,980

Post#259 » by Ron Swanson » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:28 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Prez wrote:It's easy to nitpick about the age of the roster and whatnot but I'm not sure what was expected with Giannis out

Hang on a second. We’re essentially in the same spot as we were last year versus Miami. Lower seed beating a team without Giannis

But not exactly the same spot, because the organization blew three more years of first round draft capital (2028-2030) for player acquisitions. And last night got the best game out of Middleton in three years. And we’ve blown $56 million on two head coaches.

It was a gritty game, and our guys played hard last night. But at the same time, you could argue the organization is in worse shape than a year ago.

Sorry, still salty about the Bud slander from both the organization and fanbase last May.

Yes, we’re in a worse position because we’re a year older and we have a worse head coaching situation. Not exactly rocket science here.

The key is that any mediocre GM should be able to turn this around in one offseason when you already have the foundation of Dame/Giannis.
Neuromancer56
Rookie

Post#260 » by Neuromancer56 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:32 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

Yes, we’re in a worse position because we’re a year older and we have a worse head coaching situation. Not exactly rocket science here.

The key is that any mediocre GM should be able to turn this around in one offseason when you already have the foundation of Dame/Giannis.
The Bucks will probably fire Horst and bring in the Adrian Griffin of GMs to get a new voice.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks