Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#3 » by ColeWorld23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:07 pm

We’re cursed man
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#4 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:10 pm

The sooner everyone comes around to the idea that it's over the better. "Retooling" lmao around what? We have 2.5 guys who can play in the playoffs and 2 of them have Achilles injuries.

There has never been a more obvious point to blow this up and get assets and youth back. Put out a young growing team and we can root for them during the season and playoffs OKC with Giannis.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,890

Post#5 » by emunney » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:12 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:The sooner everyone comes around to the idea that it's over the better. "Retooling" lmao around what? We have 2.5 guys who can play in the playoffs and 2 of them have Achilles injuries.

There has never been a more obvious point to blow this up and get assets and youth back. Put out a young growing team and we can root for them during the season and playoffs OKC with Giannis.

Retooling around 3 guys who can win a playoff game by themself, imo.

Have to put more speed around these guys. Brook, Pat, Malik, Jae: thank you for your service.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM

Post#6 » by emunney » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:13 pm

You make trades to get better, not to get younger.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#7 » by Profound23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:26 pm

Season over, it's ok, shut Giannis and Dame down.

Showcase Lopez and Middleton to raise their trade value.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,182

Post#8 » by MissKhriddleton » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:27 pm

ColeWorld23 wrote:We’re cursed man

We won a championship 3 years ago.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,031

Post#9 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:27 pm

The off-season will be insufferable here.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:36 pm

Literal worst case scenario is Giannis asks out which then reduces the value of him Dame and Khris idk 20%. I would honestly give that a 50/50 shot of happening at this point.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,629

Post#11 » by JayMKE » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

Retooling with Giannis should be easy, load up on +defenders and shooters who can take the gravity off Giannis. Imagine Giannis in a line up where everybody can shoot and they're not hiding anybody defensively, he'd probably average a triple double but he might not play enough minutes. Easier said than done but philosophically that's where I'm at, I think we could get a big pile of assets while getting younger & position ourselves for a final piece to be acquired at a later time without really losing much. I guess it depends on what you think the ceiling of this team is, the team hasn't looked like a real contender to me all year and I was believer pretty much every year under Bud going in the playoffs.
FREE GIANNIS
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,921

Post#12 » by Fotis St » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:42 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:The off-season will be insufferable here.

Although you banned me 4-5 times ... you have done a great job ... hang in there buddy
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#13 » by Profound23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:43 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:Literal worst case scenario is Giannis asks out which then reduces the value of him Dame and Khris idk 20%. I would honestly give that a 50/50 shot of happening at this point.

With these injuries I doubt anyone asks out.

Dame and Giannis will want to run it back imo. But we have to get younger, athletic players around them. Shooters of course but no more Beasley types who can only shoot and are unplayable when their shot is off. I watched Dame in the playoffs and seen he can play defense when we need him to.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:45 pm

JayMKE wrote:Retooling with Giannis should be easy, load up on +defenders and shooters who can take the gravity off Giannis. Imagine Giannis in a line up where everybody can shoot and they're not hiding anybody defensively, he'd probably average a triple double but he might not play enough minutes. Easier said than done but philosophically that's where I'm at, I think we could get a big pile of assets while getting younger & position ourselves for a final piece to be acquired at a later time without really losing much. I guess it depends on what you think the ceiling of this team is, the team hasn't looked like a real contender to me all year and I was believer pretty much every year under Bud going in the playoffs.

Yeah just go get an Aaron Gordon, MPJ and KCP with the corpse of Khris Middleton (who you probably can't trade anyways cause Giannis veto) Brook Lopez and 0 draft picks. No Problem!
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,750

Post#15 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:45 pm

emunney wrote:You make trades to get better, not to get younger.

I fully agree. I also think it's worth noting they aren't mutually exclusive.

As I said like a month ago, I don't want to trade Dame. We'd be writing things off too soon, so I hope our GM will be able to work some miracles are retool around the two of them. But I think it's possible packages around Dame could exist that would get us younger and also make us a more complete team with a better cast of complimentary players for Giannis. And that's appealing to consider IMO.

That's not the convo at hand right now, but it's worth continuing to note I think because so many of the TRADE DAME or, now, TRADE GIANNIS ( :lol: ) discussions are burning hot takes, and I don't think that one is. I'm much more worried about the rest of our roster than I am those two; I'm just pessimistic we can make meaningful change with our assets, unfortunately.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:49 pm

Profound23 wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:Literal worst case scenario is Giannis asks out which then reduces the value of him Dame and Khris idk 20%. I would honestly give that a 50/50 shot of happening at this point.

With these injuries I doubt anyone asks out.

Dame and Giannis will want to run it back imo. But we have to get younger, athletic players around them. Shooters of course but no more Beasley types who can only shoot and are unplayable when their shot is off. I watched Dame in the playoffs and seen he can play defense when we need him to.

See my other post above, we have 0 avenues to acquire these players. Especially if Giannis won't allow Khris to be traded. We can't sign anyone in FA worth anything, so you are going to acquire these young good athletic players with THIRTY SIX YEAR OLD Brook Lopez? But then you have to replace him as well because Giannis doesn't want to play C.

It's over. I'm trying to jump us to the 6th stage of Grief so we don't have to spend the next 3 years going through 1-5...
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,629

Post#17 » by JayMKE » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Retooling with Giannis should be easy, load up on +defenders and shooters who can take the gravity off Giannis. Imagine Giannis in a line up where everybody can shoot and they're not hiding anybody defensively, he'd probably average a triple double but he might not play enough minutes. Easier said than done but philosophically that's where I'm at, I think we could get a big pile of assets while getting younger & position ourselves for a final piece to be acquired at a later time without really losing much. I guess it depends on what you think the ceiling of this team is, the team hasn't looked like a real contender to me all year and I was believer pretty much every year under Bud going in the playoffs.

Yeah just go get an Aaron Gordon, MPJ and KCP with the corpse of Khris Middleton (who you probably can't trade anyways cause Giannis veto) Brook Lopez and 0 draft picks. No Problem!

I'm for making every asset other than Giannis available, the big part of this is mostly the team needs to get younger and there's little logic to thinking this core we have around Giannis will get better another year older when they're not good enough now. Giannis alone get us a 1st or 2nd round exit so I just don't see the risk other than Giannis flipping out and demanding a trade, if Giannis is wedded to winning with these guys and only these guys then maybe we're **** but they got him locked up long term now so the time is now not 2 years from now when there's no leverage.
FREE GIANNIS
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,601

Post#18 » by tski1972 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:55 pm

Yet both can be true.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
emunney
RealGM

Post#19 » by emunney » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:03 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:

I fully agree. I also think it's worth noting they aren't mutually exclusive.

As I said like a month ago, I don't want to trade Dame. We'd be writing things off too soon, so I hope our GM will be able to work some miracles are retool around the two of them. But I think it's possible packages around Dame could exist that would get us younger and also make us a more complete team with a better cast of complimentary players for Giannis. And that's appealing to consider IMO.

That's not the convo at hand right now, but it's worth continuing to note I think because so many of the TRADE DAME or, now, TRADE GIANNIS ( :lol: ) discussions are burning hot takes, and I don't think that one is. I'm much more worried about the rest of our roster than I am those two; I'm just pessimistic we can make meaningful change with our assets, unfortunately.

Totally fair. With few exceptions, the answer to, "Would you move Player X," should always be: "It depends."

I do think Dame is pretty far on the extreme end of being difficult to improve upon. But I'm open to it.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#20 » by BigO » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:05 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Old thread maxed out

My first prediction before the series started was the Pacers in 5 or 6.

My next prediction is that this thread will max out in RealGM record time. Get the popcorn ready.

So far the winner is Fotis, who wants to trade for Ben Simmons.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks