Kaner back in trouble?

Moderator: TNBT

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Kaner back in trouble? 

Post#1 » by TNBT » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:39 pm

I'm reading multiple reports tonight that Patrick Kane is the subject of a police investigation. Multiple agencies reporting this but no one knows what (if any) charges there are. Apparently the police won't reveal what the issue(s) are or even whether or not any investigation even exists. I don't know why, but I've got a really bad feeling about this... Any of you guys heard anything further?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Kaner back in trouble? 

Post#2 » by TNBT » Thu Aug 6, 2015 4:36 pm

Just read then that at least one person is reporting that it's a rape investigation...

johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Re: Kaner back in trouble? 

Post#3 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Aug 6, 2015 4:39 pm

Yeah, this is big, breaking, ugly news.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Kaner back in trouble? 

Post#4 » by TNBT » Thu Aug 6, 2015 4:41 pm

I really hope this isn't true, or that Kane isn't the one suspected of the actual rape itself...

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Kaner back in trouble? 

Post#5 » by TNBT » Thu Aug 6, 2015 4:48 pm

It'd be pretty difficult supporting a team with a convicted rapist playing. Obviously that's not the biggest issue at the moment, but I'm genuinely a massive fan of Kane and this would suck.

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Kaner back in trouble? 

Post#6 » by TNBT » Thu Aug 6, 2015 5:00 pm

Info keeps trickling out... Apparently he left a bar with this woman the other night and she's now alleging rape. It's 3am here in Australia so I'm really hoping that some of you guys in the U.S. can keep us updated as new info is released.

johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#7 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Aug 6, 2015 5:08 pm

TNBT wrote:I really hope this isn't true, or that Kane isn't the one suspected of the actual rape itself...

Kap and Haugh had the Buffalo reporters on just now and it is Kane. There was reportedly a rape kit performed at a local hospital. There is a rape allegation and Kane is the one being accused. Happened last weekend, they think Saturday and Sunday detectives were at Kane's home Sunday night.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Kaner back in trouble? 

Post#8 » by TNBT » Thu Aug 6, 2015 5:15 pm

Ok, so Kaner's in some serious sh*t here. Has anyone had any reports on what the rape kit tests actually showed?

johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#9 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Aug 6, 2015 6:08 pm

TNBT wrote:Ok, so Kaner's in some serious sh*t here. Has anyone had any reports on what the rape kit tests actually showed?

This is the story from Buffalo...

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sources-kane-target-of-rape-investigation-20150806

Patrick Kane, the star player of the Chicago Blackhawks who grew up in South Buffalo, is the target of a rape investigation by Hamburg police for an incident that occurred over the last weekend, two law enforcement sources have told The Buffalo News.

A local woman has accused Kane of a sexual assault, the sources said.

The law enforcement sources said that the woman went to a hospital and that tests using a rape kit were performed.

Kane, 26, has a home in Hamburg. He has not been charged with any crime.

The News also learned from a law enforcement official that at least one other local police agency has been asked to assist with the investigation, and the other police agency was told that the investigation involves an allegation against Kane. The agency was told that Roseanne Johnson, chief of the Erie County District Attorney’s Special Victims Bureau, is the prosecutor assigned to the case.
GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Kaner back in trouble? 

Post#10 » by GRADEN » Thu Aug 6, 2015 6:41 pm

Holy crap

Look he is no angel... I remember when he was drafted and at 18 was let into a club and my buddy went back into VIP to see what was up there and said he saw Kane getting a dblbj (read into that abbreviation if u can) and Kane just gave my buddy a shrug of the shoulders and a chuckle he said.... Now look that is pretty common, seguin anyone, but this is crazy... First all the sharp rumor stuff and this. At this point I'm just hoping for a back alley couple million Kobe hush money deal. If not, we are looking at a big suspension right?

Ny precedence in the NHL for convicted rape? Or how about alleged?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
GRADEN
Head Coach

Kaner back in trouble? 

Post#11 » by GRADEN » Thu Aug 6, 2015 6:43 pm

I get a Reese Witherspoon vibe from Kane a lot, anyone?

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Kaner back in trouble? 

Post#12 » by TNBT » Thu Aug 6, 2015 7:26 pm

I'm more worried about him doing jail time than whatever suspension he gets from the league.

GRADEN
Head Coach

Kaner back in trouble? 

Post#13 » by GRADEN » Thu Aug 6, 2015 9:40 pm

This will never get that far..... If the girl is young and hanging around these guys (thought he had a gf no?) I'm guessing she isn't a scholar.... This will end in a signed gag order for id guess a couple million, say 2-2.5 million.

Jameis didn't even have the money, just lawyers, and he got off for nothing right....

GRADEN
Head Coach

Kaner back in trouble? 

Post#14 » by GRADEN » Fri Aug 7, 2015 4:32 am

ESPN reports.... NHL com nothing lol

ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#15 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Aug 7, 2015 4:37 am

This seems a lot like the Starlin Castro incident a few years ago. Hooks up with a girl at a bar... later she cries foul and it goes from there.

In no way am I saying Kane didn't do something. But usually when the alleged purpitrator cooperates, there's not a ton to it (or at least not what was alleged). Unfortunately, it's going to ruin Kane's rep one way or another. And he'll end up paying her off, which never looks good, but sometimes it is an "easy way out" when you're young, have money and are a targer of jock chasers.

Now, if he is guilty, then by all means, throw the book at him as it's a horrible crime. But let's just take a deep breath and let things play out. Ben Roethlisberg went through something like this 2 or 3 times (and with worse allegations). Just because there's smoke, it doesn't mean there's fire.

As Graden said, I too don't think this gets "that far". I also don't think it lands Kane a suspension, unless he's convicted of a crime, but it's going to put him on that NHL watch list and the Hawks can't be too happy about all this either.
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#16 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Aug 7, 2015 4:43 am

GRADEN wrote:Holy crap

Look he is no angel... I remember when he was drafted and at 18 was let into a club and my buddy went back into VIP to see what was up there and said he saw Kane getting a dblbj (read into that abbreviation if u can) and Kane just gave my buddy a shrug of the shoulders and a chuckle he said.... Now look that is pretty common, seguin anyone, but this is crazy... First all the sharp rumor stuff and this. At this point I'm just hoping for a back alley couple million Kobe hush money deal. If not, we are looking at a big suspension right?

Ny precedence in the NHL for convicted rape? Or how about alleged?

If convicted, yes, he's probably looking at a big suspension for conduct detrimental to the league, etc. A heavy fine and so on. (in addition to possible jail time, though it being his first offense in this regard, he might get off with strict probation and fines). And this is if it even were to go to trial. Now, it's not good there was a prosecutor assigned, but again, it doesn't mean he's guilty. Kobe Bryant went to trial, etc. and that girl was proven to be fruit loops and she got what she wanted at the end of the day, money.

For the alleged, no, nothing other than ending up on that secret league office "watch list" so he'd gotta be on his P's & Q's.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#17 » by TNBT » Sun Aug 9, 2015 6:47 am

I haven't heard anything new over the last 24 hours or so, other than that it's not expected to be resolved anytime soon, and that Kane has got himself a lawyer. Now that doesn't look good, but he'd be crazy to not get himself a lawyer at this point regardless of whether he's guilty or innocent.
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,152

Post#18 » by molepharmer » Sun Aug 9, 2015 2:32 pm

TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Kaner back in trouble? 

Post#19 » by TNBT » Sun Aug 9, 2015 2:54 pm

I couldn't get the article to work but I'm assuming it's relating to the bite marks and scratches the woman has?

molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,152

Post#20 » by molepharmer » Sun Aug 9, 2015 10:23 pm

TNBT wrote:I couldn't get the article to work but I'm assuming it's relating to the bite marks and scratches the woman has?

Yes.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."

Return to Chicago Blackhawks